Need help with a Pro/Rep Dynamic

0x3mp1r3

Hey guys. So I’m building a custom database for Australia and the A-league and I’m hoping to simulate what it would be like for the entire football pyramid to be aligned as one. 

the league structure I’m trying to build is as follows. 

A-League (12 Teams)

A-2 League (24 Teams)

NPL (6 conferences, 20 teams each) 

NPL-2 (6 conferences, 20 teams each)

NPL-3 (6 conferences, 20 teams each)

so what i want to do to is expand the A-league from 12 -> 18 teams over 3 years and decrease the A-2 league from 24 -> 18 teams over 3 years. So at season 4 it will look like this. 

A-League (18 Teams)

A-2 League (18 Teams)

NPL (6 conferences, 20 teams each) 

NPL-2 (6 conferences, 20 teams each)

NPL-3 (6 conferences, 20 teams each)

the problem is I can’t seem to figure out how to only have promotions setup from div 2 to div 1 and disable the relegation aspect for 4 years. 

Edited by 0x3mp1r3

I don't believe that's possible. The editor always throws up errors when there are promotion places but no relegation (or vice versa).

You'll have to just do something like 1 relegated and 3 promoted to get +2 per year. Bear in mind you'll need 4 different versions of each competition with the correct start/end years.

To build on @rusty217 - you would need:

Year 1 file (make sure to enter start and end years) - 1st div 12 teams, 1 relegated; 2nd div 24 teams, 3 promoted

Year 2 file (make sure to enter start and end years) - 1st division 14 teams, 1 relegated; 2nd div 22 teams, 3 promoted

Year 3 file (make sure to enter start and end years) - 1st division 16 teams, 1 relegated; 2nd div 20 teams, 3 promoted

Year 4 file (just need start year as this is going to be the 'going forward' version) - 1st division 18 teams, however many relegations you want going forward; 2nd div 18 teams, however many promotions you want

Make sure to also set the minimum and maximum number of teams for these competitions in the nation rules - i.e., for div 1, min 12 max 18 and for div 2, min 18 max 24

• 3 months later...