Quick question about Swapping Positions

Hello all.

As many of you will know, swapping positions your wingers and/or strikers in the individual instructions can make it harder for them to be man marked.

However, I was thinking about how this was applied in FM09. Let's say, for instance, I have 2 strikers, one with typical target man instructions, the other with poacher instructions. I then ask them to swap positions with each other.

With regards to their instructions, what happens? Does the target man striker, when he swaps positions, 'inherit', as it were, the position's instructions he's swapped to. Or, does he keep his individual instructions, and just use them in the new position.

Hope that was clearer than mud for you.

Thanks in advance!

A post from the guy from another thread: "If you really can't win consistently with United (or any big club) in FM09, you should spend less time whining about it on these forums and more time at the drawing board/reading tactic bibles."

So I thought this type of manner is what he prefers ;)

A post from the guy from another thread: "If you really can't win consistently with United (or any big club) in FM09, you should spend less time whining about it on these forums and more time at the drawing board/reading tactic bibles."

So I thought this type of manner is what he prefers ;)

Now now, know need to be childish. You're only further proving my point and we wouldn't want that now, would we?

Feng, cheers for your input. Is there anyone else who can help out with this?

They change instructions too - the instructions are tied to the position, not the player.

You would think that their instructions would stay with them, why else call it INDIVIDUAL instructions! To me individual instructions mean instructions for that player not his position. If the case is that he doesn't retain the instructions maybe they should rename it to positional instructions or something else, as the name alone gives the impression that the instructions are for that player!

The manual says that ' You can designate instructions to any indivdual to talior their playing style specifically.' An that setting indivdual instruc overrides team instructions.

Maybe some one from SI could clarify this!

So, in essence, there aren't any player instructions, but positional instructions?

You have instructions for a position and, for any player who plays there, starting or swapping in, abides to those instructions?

...Aw balls!

So, in essence, there aren't any player instructions, but positional instructions?

You have instructions for a position and, for any player who plays there, starting or swapping in, abides to those instructions?

...Aw balls!

Exactly. :(

Same with subs. It'd be great to tie instructions to a player, so when you bring them on they have instructions tailored to them, not whomever they replaced.

You would think that their instructions would stay with them, why else call it INDIVIDUAL instructions! To me individual instructions mean instructions for that player not his position. If the case is that he doesn't retain the instructions maybe they should rename it to positional instructions or something else, as the name alone gives the impression that the instructions are for that player!

The manual says that ' You can designate instructions to any indivdual to talior their playing style specifically.' An that setting indivdual instruc overrides team instructions.

Maybe some one from SI could clarify this!

Wen u make a substitution the player that comes on to the field inherits the players instructions that has left the field so it cud be the same with swapping positions.

Yeah, I mean with the sub couldn't you just change the man on the pitch's tactics, then sub him? The new stuff only kicks in after the little "Maknig tactical changes" method anyway.

Or am I completely missing the point here? (Having one of those days it seems)

Yeah, I mean with the sub couldn't you just change the man on the pitch's tactics, then sub him? The new stuff only kicks in after the little "Maknig tactical changes" method anyway.

Or am I completely missing the point here? (Having one of those days it seems)

Oh yes, you can do this, but it would be easier and quicker if you could "preset" instructions for players.

Unlike the swapping positions thing, it's not a mechanics issue, more a QOL one.

Archived