The FM 2023 and 2024 .. I guess.. 4-2-3-1 DM Thread

7 minutes ago, ejleal said:

So far so good. I've only played 5 games but we've been superior in all of them, except in the last one where we had to raise the line of engagement to rescue a draw. Also most of my short are inside the box which is good. What you think about the set-up in terms of roles??

Looks fine to me mateĀ :thup:

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, I've been playing with an 42dm31 for a short period, eventually I went back to a traditional 4231. The reason for the switch is that I can't perform against a 442,and in my save that's a pretty common system for top teams.Ā 

I'm a CL contender, used to be the biggest club but my focus is more on youth which has it downsides.

My question is, how do you setup against a 442?

vor 8 Stunden schrieb Feddo:

Hey guys, I've been playing with an 42dm31 for a short period, eventually I went back to a traditional 4231. The reason for the switch is that I can't perform against a 442,and in my save that's a pretty common system for top teams.Ā 

I'm a CL contender, used to be the biggest club but my focus is more on youth which has it downsides.

Iā€˜d say it depends on the opponents roles or you put your DM in MC.Ā 
It depends also a lot on how you wish to play. I sit very deep with my 4231 and invite pressure after we win the ball back we try and attack the space behind, we play possession in the back and faster attacks in the front. A 442 could be outplayed in front and behind the two MC so maybe a DLP pulls out one of the MC and the AMC behind the other one, it could work very well. Also you have incutting wideplayers on support or a DLF dropping off to cause all kinds of trouble. And you still have a spare DM who could be put on a supporting and challenging role like BWM to break opponents play. There are a lot of possibilitiesĀ 

Edited by HanziZoloman

Il y a 14 heures, Feddo a ditĀ :

Against 4-4-2, I play very wide and focus passes through the middle. So that I stretch their midfield-2, then I find space in between. Works like a charm.

On 30/08/2023 at 11:05, Rooney1010 said:

So Iā€™m struggling against the big teams away from home.Ā 
Ā 

as you can see Iā€™m AC Milan so itā€™s not as if Iā€™m terrible however these are the performance we constantly produce away from home.Ā 
Ā 

Background on tactic itā€™s usually a DLF(A) with either a IF(A) or IW (A) with wingbacks however in the bigger Iā€™ve experimented.

Ā 

sometimes I play with wingbacks and others FB as I assume it would make me more solid defensively however it doesnā€™t seem to be the case.Ā 
Ā 

Pivot is usually DM(S) x2 however no tweak I make is working and I also remove play out of defence.Ā 
Ā 

What are your guys suggestions for dealing with tough away days

Ā 

Thanks Ā 

IMG_1651.jpeg

IMG_1652.jpeg

Turn off Play out of defence vs big sides, adding counter will help you apply pressure on the big opposition (add in pass into space + direct passing to commit to the style). Going more narrow can help you out as well. Playing one of the FB(s) as a WB(s) or FB(a) or adding in a BPD will make your backline a little more dynamic & help with transitions (almost everything looks like it goes through the pivot atm which can leave you vulnerable against a press that's figured you out). FB positions are the only players in the lineup capable of providing width, so make sure you're asking them to run wide with the ball.Ā 

Roque is a good striker, but isn't super tall or fast. That can cause some problems when you're sitting back with a single solo striker. You do have Leao and Zaniolo, who offer very strong options on the counter.

In short: your tactic isn't threatening opposition who pin you back and you have very few players capable of breaking the lines. Moving your lines up is one fix or you can continue with a midblock that offers the potential to launch a counter attack.Ā 

On 30/08/2023 at 13:53, Feddo said:

I would identify if it's a narrow or wide 4-4-2. If it's narrow @SpecialOne MikoĀ approach is solid. If it's a wide 4-4-2, overwhelm the pivot and play directly through the middle.Ā 

Also: both of your fullbacks/wingbacks don't have to worry about an advanced winger and can go forward freely without major risk. Having height in your double pivot can help negate the long ball approach that many 4-4-2's utilize.Ā 

Edited by Cloud9

4 hours ago, HanziZoloman said:

Regarding longballs, I have one of the CB on cover, reduced it a lot

how would you address a 433 DM with a 4231DM? A lot of teams play either 442 or 433 against us

Man marking their DM can be an option. The fullbacks in a 4-3-3 lack cover and are good options to get at if one is going forward or is just a less defensive profile.Ā 

If you're sitting back, it's quite vulnerable on the break. 4-2-3-1 offers a pivot for cover, where as the 4-3-3 creates a lopsided midfield when players go forward (this is emphasized by the way pivots work in game). 4-3-3 requires high quality players usually IRL, checking if your opponent has quality in the key positions (a complete DM, athletic fullbacks, etc.) are a good starting point for discovering weak points.

Edited by Cloud9

vor 51 Minuten schrieb Cloud9:

Man marking their DM can be an option. The fullbacks in a 4-3-3 lack cover and are good options to get at if one is going forward or is just a less defensive profile.

I am in Vanarama South. Noticed the same I stretched the game wider and attacked the FB on both sides with in-cutting widemen and WB. I added focus play on wings and overlap for slightly longer play out there and to expose their FB even more. Added an AMC(A) in the middle and boom. Worked.Ā 
with two DM (DM(D) and DLP(S) we still had four players defending.

I've been playing with a 433 that use a WB-A on 1 side and a IWB-S on the other side, which when attacking kind of forms a 2-3-5 shape with everything else involved.
The main reason I went with an IWB is because both my right backs are actually quite creative and it allowed the RCM to move up higher while the W-S would keep it stretched on that side.
Quick overview as to how it looks generally:
Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā PF-A
Ā  Ā  IW-SĀ  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā W-S
Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā CM-SĀ  AP-A
Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Anchor
WB-A BPD-C CD-D IWB-S
Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  SK-S
I have been thinking about perhaps making a 4231 version as I feel it might be defensively more secure at least against bigger opponents.

I've only been thinking about it so far so no testing at all, but I'd like to keep using the IWB-S on the right. The only thing so far I've thought of to use is a Volante on Attack, but is that maybe overkill and is something else like a Regista perhaps a decent option too in your opinion?

Potential 4231 setup:
Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā PF-A
Ā IW-SĀ  Ā  Ā  Ā  AM-SĀ  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā W-S

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  AnchorĀ  Ā Vol-A
WB-A BPD-C CD-D IWB-S
Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  SK-S

In terms of the 2-3-5 system in attack, this might change it quite a bit as I'm unsure how the Vol-A would play going forward, kind of same for the AM-S. On occasion I may play more with a CF-A, but that's only 1 guy, the others are more suited to a PF-A or similar, so not guys who can drop deep, meaning the AM-S won't go into that striker space as often.

@DarceonĀ I play similar roles down the wings, except I use an IF instead of an IW and I have both the WB and IWB on support and both the winger and IF on attack (as my striker drops deep). The thinking is the same though, in that you have an "overlap" of sorts on both sides of the pitch.

Getting a lot of joy from the IWB too - he is among the league leaders in "key passes", which is because once he gets the ball and moves in field, he has three options - he can play it back out to the overlapping winger, he can switch it across to the other flank or he can go directly into the striker or AM. So he ends up playing the pass that leads to an assist a lot of the time.

He also causes defensive issues with the AI as once he cuts in, they have to decide whether their winger follows or if a CM goes across, both of which leave gaps.

Edited by CityAndColour

On 04/08/2023 at 19:11, Johnny Ace said:

I thought this was an interesting goal, watch Taylor, he's a DLF(A), he gets bored and does a Harry Kane, he drops down to the DMs and picks out an IW(S). The AM(S) steps up in the DLF's absence to take on the role of striker to finish off the moveĀ :brock:

Ā  Hide contents

DLF(A).gif.37a077ef0d0ecf6a7d9bb307f78ec896.gif

Ā 

This is quality to see, really enjoy watching a DLF.Ā 

Did you consider using a CM-A instead of a AM-S? Something I'm currently working on, the idea us very similar to this system but the CM starts deeper and runs into the space infront of him and arrives late into the box (Very much like Jude Bellingham does at the minute for Madrid/England)Ā 

8 hours ago, Louisking1992 said:

Did you consider using a CM-A instead of a AM-S? Something I'm currently working on, the idea us very similar to this system but the CM starts deeper and runs into the space infront of him and arrives late into the box (Very much like Jude Bellingham does at the minute for Madrid/England)Ā 

To be honest, no. I find the CM(A) really aggressive and to be getting forward too earlyĀ 

Love this, the tactic posted in the first post matches what I like from a tactic. High pressing 4231 with a complete forward, a double pivot and an attacking wing back, but I've gone with two IWs due to personnel.. I'm creating a high xG each game but struggling for any consistency in front of goal. My forwards are just not being clinical, hitting the post, smashing the ball over the bar from the penalty spot when clean through, all the usual stuff... Can't see any reason for it from their stats, and the chances we're creating seem to be good opportunities.

Forwards: Julian Alvarez, Elye Wahi, Matias Arezo

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.7685123f7f808a3dfc6e3cee47867be0.png

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.81b4d59f4d1f9d76b771026ea66de021.png

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.3cbe94af9ee51f8efafd909a9b266e09.png

Ā 

Wingers/CAM: Joao Pedro, Andreas Schjelderup, Michael Olise, Roony Bardghji

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.7a6014a3743f849ececb28db174e3f0d.png

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.0691523b1aaf6ebbaae064d551fad141.png

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.058311a6d1559c55648c68fde437f1d6.png

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.84dca294f50e5cd41969caa820d301d9.png

Lower tempo doesn't seem to help. Do I need some PIs or traits added? Or do I just need to adjust the tactic to suit my players a bit more? Maybe I'm just completely over-rating my playersĀ :lol:.

Spoiler

image.png.a9f32124b9b590aaf0f28364b9f75fee.png

Other question, would there be much change if the DM(s) was a BWM(s)? Joao Gomes and Manuel Ugarte are supposedly better suited as BWM(s). I do want to upgrade my DLP but don't have the rep currently to get the next level of player.

@Johnny AceĀ I wonder, what you think about the Segundo Volante? Seems like in fm 23 DM and SV are the best pair on those plug and play tactics, but as someone who absolutely loves Box-to-box type of roles, i always try to see if it's possible to fit it on a 4231 ( which btw is probably my least favorite shapeĀ :DĀ and that is just bc i love a solid midfield trio as in the 433 and 532 )

Currently got into a save with Levante and will rebuild it to play them in a 4231 or 433, but it always looks like my midfield duo is simply not enough, even with a FB or both being in roles such as DLP or Anchor. Will use this image to illustrate a concept that i would like to use as i have my eyes on players who can fit well on these roles, and someone with more experience using Inverted Wing-Backs correct me if im wrong, but can a IWGB work as the pivot when the SV goes forward? Anyway, what would you change and why? Which TI's you think i would need to employ in games where im the better side? And maybe getting a bit ahead of myself, how would you setup a low block counter attack against La Liga sides better than you? As always, great thread too, it's great to read such topics and get many opinions on fm, perhaps my favorite thing in this communityĀ LINEUP111695445854737.png.e07ce19c568ebcb0f14970ad0653195b.png

Edited by hotredabyss

For what it's worth this is also how I play, only difference is I use 2 wingers.Ā 

I started using this formation in Argentina, first time and with an unbalanced team. So didn't work very well. Since I'm not really good in creating tactics, or knowing what attributes fit to a particular playing style, I fired up another save. In that save I have one of the best teams around and got it to work reasonably well.Ā 

Now third team, predicted to be 12th and in religation battle when I jumped in. There philosophy is play with high tempo and high pressure and they have a lot of players with lots of aggression, stamina and work rate. And now this formation works really well with the vertical tiki-taka preset (tweaked though, some instructions didn't make sense)Ā 

On 21/09/2023 at 09:57, Manunited_fan said:

Love this, the tactic posted in the first post matches what I like from a tactic. High pressing 4231 with a complete forward, a double pivot and an attacking wing back, but I've gone with two IWs due to personnel.. I'm creating a high xG each game but struggling for any consistency in front of goal. My forwards are just not being clinical, hitting the post, smashing the ball over the bar from the penalty spot when clean through, all the usual stuff... Can't see any reason for it from their stats, and the chances we're creating seem to be good opportunities.

I'm having the exact same issues. Playing pretty good overall, but after the first 10 games we suddenly lacked scoring ability. We create lots of chances, often xG of 2+, only scoring once if at all. Opponents score on the break (which I'm trying to do, damn you!) on the very few chances they get.

Anything you guys notice that might help me get this back on track? I'm playing as NYCFC if that helps, haven't changed the roster much.Ā 

image.png.c655765704bbd540a9776f56b42f2ad9.png

15 hours ago, silentventus said:

That makes sense tbhĀ :DĀ I was thinking if any of the playmaker roles were fancy ones, like the roaming playmaker, advanced playmaker or deep lying playmaker but I don't thing they are, right?

No, you're right thereĀ 

18 minutes ago, jens_dewit said:

I'm having the exact same issues. Playing pretty good overall, but after the first 10 games we suddenly lacked scoring ability. We create lots of chances, often xG of 2+, only scoring once if at all. Opponents score on the break (which I'm trying to do, damn you!) on the very few chances they get.

Anything you guys notice that might help me get this back on track? I'm playing as NYCFC if that helps, haven't changed the roster much.Ā 

Your right side looks a little exposed with the VOL(A) and W(A), just check the IWB is a quality player and is actually helping to cover the centreĀ 

For the strikers, it could be a number of things, player quality, the type of chances he's getting, player consistency, form, morale etcĀ 

24 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

Your right side looks a little exposed with the VOL(A) and W(A), just check the IWB is a quality player and is actually helping to cover the centreĀ 

For the strikers, it could be a number of things, player quality, the type of chances he's getting, player consistency, form, morale etcĀ 

Might be better off keeping it simple with a FB(s) then. Tinnerholm isn't bad, but he isn't world class either.

My main striker is HĆ©ber, Talles Magno (wonderkid, 19yo) is 2nd choice - Talles is also my first choice IW and the chances often do feel rushed, but even so I'd think they'd be bagging a couple more on an xG of 2.36Ā :idiot:

Very good thread this. I was struggling to get anything going when I rocked up at Dortmund in my journeyman save but Iā€™ve used a slightly tweaked version of the one in the OP (IW instead of W and FB instead of FB on the right hand side) and somehow won back to back trebles. Really enjoying how the wide players play when both are on support, which isnā€™t something Iā€™ve used too much before FM23

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/09/2023 at 06:19, hotredabyss said:

@Johnny AceĀ I wonder, what you think about the Segundo Volante? Seems like in fm 23 DM and SV are the best pair on those plug and play tactics, but as someone who absolutely loves Box-to-box type of roles, i always try to see if it's possible to fit it on a 4231 ( which btw is probably my least favorite shapeĀ :DĀ and that is just bc i love a solid midfield trio as in the 433 and 532 )

Currently got into a save with Levante and will rebuild it to play them in a 4231 or 433, but it always looks like my midfield duo is simply not enough, even with a FB or both being in roles such as DLP or Anchor. Will use this image to illustrate a concept that i would like to use as i have my eyes on players who can fit well on these roles, and someone with more experience using Inverted Wing-Backs correct me if im wrong, but can a IWGB work as the pivot when the SV goes forward? Anyway, what would you change and why? Which TI's you think i would need to employ in games where im the better side? And maybe getting a bit ahead of myself, how would you setup a low block counter attack against La Liga sides better than you? As always, great thread too, it's great to read such topics and get many opinions on fm, perhaps my favorite thing in this communityĀ LINEUP111695445854737.png.e07ce19c568ebcb0f14970ad0653195b.png

Ā 

I don't have much experience with the 4-2-3-1 DMs, so take what I say with a grain of salt. But how I'd achieve what you're trying to do is I'd have the left-back on defend duty, to counterbalance the right-back who plays more like a midfielder. That means the left-winger would have a traditional winger role. And it would also free up the left DM to be on support duty. Maybe even the AM as well, who could have an attack duty to provide more options inside the box given the pure wingers sending in crosses from both sides.

That way, in the attacking phase you'd have 3 at the back and 3 in the DM/CM area to link up with the front 4 (with the SV eventually making it a front 5). Which looks pretty balanced and cohesive to me.

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Rodpaco:

Ā 

I don't have much experience with the 4-2-3-1 DMs, so take what I say with a grain of salt. But how I'd achieve what you're trying to do is I'd have the left-back on defend duty, to counterbalance the right-back who plays more like a midfielder. That means the left-winger would have a traditional winger role. And it would also free up the left DM to be on support duty. Maybe even the AM as well, who could have an attack duty to provide more options inside the box given the pure wingers sending in crosses from both sides.

That way, in the attacking phase you'd have 3 at the back and 3 in the DM/CM area to link up with the front 4 (with the SV eventually making it a front 5). Which looks pretty balanced and cohesive to me.

I have a very similar formation with similar roles in my Billericay YAC save.

I also play a DM(D) with a Volante(S) and love the role but it all looks more solid with DM(D) DM(S) pairing.Ā 
Iā€™d say if you want the IWB to take the place besides the DM he needs to be on (D) duty otherwise he will play similar to the Volante and you already got one. The front four looks good to me. Maybe the Volante needs either a very strong team with a high press or 3ATB for cover.Ā 
Iā€˜ll try to emulate Volante play with the arives late or get forward ppm and a DM(S) role.Ā 

Il 4/8/2023 in 18:38 , Johnny Ace ha scritto:

Adesso sono un po' annoiato dei DM 4-3-3, quindi ho pensato di pubblicare un po' sui DM 4-2-3-1 che utilizzo, incoraggio gli altri a fare lo stesso, una sorta di thread per discuterne in generale

Una volta ero piĆ¹ un tipo 4-2-3-1, ma visto che l'IA usa il DM 4-2-3-1 e i DM hanno subito una modifica quest'anno, ho pensato che avrei potuto anche unirmi a loro.Ā :D

Non ĆØ mia intenzione tenerli Plugged and Played, ma piuttosto discutere di come funzionano, come attaccano, come difendono, le combinazioni che creano. Li costruisco in modo simile a come ho messo insieme i 4-3-3 (e i 4-4-2 e probabilmente qualsiasi altra forma che ho messo insieme)Ā 

Sono in un futuro molto lontano in un club d'Ʃlite in Europa, ma combatto costantemente contro squadre della EPL nella ECL. ƈ una gioia da usare a dire il vero e gioca un bel calcio che attribuisco ai giocatori piuttosto che a me stesso

InizierĆ² dalla metĆ  inferiore, che di solito ĆØ un buon punto di partenza e normalmente inizio guardando i DM e i WingbackĀ 

La chiave per me in un 4-2-3-1 sono i DM, questi ragazzi sono estremamente importanti, ĆØ un po' una seccatura reclutarli nel 2050 poichĆ© i DM di qualitĆ  sono pochi e rari. Il DLP ĆØ il ruolo di contenimento, era un DLP (D) ma l'ho spostato in (S) semplicemente perchĆ© alcune scelte di passaggio erano negative e volevo che guardasse verso l'alto quando muoveva la palla. Lui ĆØ l'"ancora" dei due

Centrocampista difensivo (supporto) un altro ruolo da DM abbastanza sicuro, non dribbla, non passa nello spazio, vaga, scatta in avanti e non voglio due ruoli di supporto, un altro ruolo standard che uso molto

Ā Ho una solida base di 4 (CD e DM), quindi lo ĆØ Wingbacks, il lato sinistro del centrocampo ĆØ "ancorato" quindi l'ala sinistra ĆØ in attacco, l'ala destra in supportoĀ 

Ā  Rivela contenuti nascosti

BottomHalf.png.e0aafc1cb877b7157bb46d84be857718.png

La metĆ  superiore ĆØ composta da quattro giocatori avanzati, io uso un'attaccante completo in attacco perchĆ© sto spingendo in alto e questo ragazzo cade e vaga, quindi ĆØ difficile da marcare e non stringe costantemente il campo. Quel ragazzo ĆØ una macchina.

Shin.png.d2268f6a7ada427fcd5601e0dad5f5e5.png

Ho usato un IF sulle fasce e non ero entusiasta, preferisco gli IW con la forma pesante in alto, mi sembrano meno entusiasti del goal e generalmente giocatori di squadra migliori. A volte uso i doppi IW, ma la mia configurazione principale ĆØ l'Ala Invertita e l'Ala. I doppi ruoli di "Ala" a destra stimolano un po' il mio disturbo ossessivo compulsivo ma non ĆØ una brutta cosa, avere due giocatori alti e larghi significa che c'ĆØ piĆ¹ spazio al centroĀ 

L'AMC ĆØ un vero e proprio centrocampista offensivo (supporto). Uso i PI su questi ragazzi per abbinare i loro punti di forza, Bjorn ha Prendi piĆ¹ rischi, Dribbla di piĆ¹ e Vaga dalla posizione e ottiene gol a doppia cifra e assiste una stagione. I suoi tratti includono Comes Deep, quindi collega tutto bene. Ha 30 anni e mi costerĆ  4 budget nella finestra di mercato per sostituirlo, quindi potrebbe dover essere un Enganche per un paio di stagioni quando rallenterĆ  e un paio di giovani si allineeranno allo standardĀ :DĀ 

Bjorn.png.958472055b63f04f3327b7bfc7a45635.png

MetĆ  superiore

TopHalf.png.8945fb7f81ff565454fef1454cdfa18e.png

Ā 

ƈ quella che io chiamo tattica Crush, soffoca gli avversari e li logora, fondamentalmente ĆØ una tattica gegen d'attacco.

Ā  Contenuti nascosti

Tattica.png.a76d3ff60712ccf4e2f455721b840791.png

Ho alcune altre versioni che uso qui, principalmente solo per variazione e poi un'altra che uso nelle partite in trasferta difficili, che pubblicherĆ² prima o poi. Probabilmente aggiungerĆ² anche qualche GIF qua e lĆ 

Hai abbracciato il 4-2-3-1 DM? E visto che quest'anno non c'ĆØ nessun thread AMC, come se la passano?Ā :D

Did you use some PI in this tactic.. because intensity is very high.. i want to learn to create a 4231, but this tactic it s so intense:idiot:

On 17/10/2023 at 16:13, Mik_Fe said:

Did you use some PI in this tactic.. because intensity is very high.. i want to learn to create a 4231, but this tactic it s so intense:idiot:

Nope, none, maybe a couple on the AM but can't remember them. I'm managing the best team in the World so can go as intense as I likeĀ :D

1 minute ago, Lasson said:

Will this thread continue with FM24? There are so many possibilities with this shape in regards to positional play and the rotations created with the roles and duties.

I'd rather it didn't to be honest, now that FM24 is here, I'd rather this be for FM23 and fresh threads be used for 24 onwards

I'm sure everything in here will be fine for FM24 still and threads are poppng up about the new rotations. Plus it's beta time, so experiment plentyĀ :thup:Ā 

2 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

I'd rather it didn't to be honest, now that FM24 is here, I'd rather this be for FM23 and fresh threads be used for 24 onwards

I'm sure everything in here will be fine for FM24 still and threads are poppng up about the new rotations. Plus it's beta time, so experiment plentyĀ :thup:Ā 

That's fine. I really enjoy FM24 already with the way players are moving and creating space.Ā 

I have a VOL(a) as my left CDM pushing up in the left half space and my AM(s) then automatically slides over to the right half space.Ā 

First season done with Zaragoza in Spanish La Liga 2, using a 4231 shape throughout the whole season. After a horrible defeat in the first leg of the playoff finals against Las Palmas, ended up with this for the decisive match:

promotiontactic.png.aa5f3835ff6193ea57d314fac568ac51.png

Ā 

And the rest is history

playofffinal.png.947edfdcaf37c867d00158a05493ccef.png

magical.png.88a9d59e027644989874271aaa9c3676.png

Em 18/10/2023 em 21:20, Johnny Ace disse:

Nope, none, maybe a couple on the AM but can't remember them. I'm managing the best team in the World so can go as intense as I likeĀ :D

You were playing with Bayern, right? Will you keep that save in FM24 or will start fresh?

Btw just curiosity, but how do you keep motivated to keep playing and enjoyingĀ  a save where you're already established as the best team?

Hey guys got a question again: I am thinking about playing the Stopper Cover combo at the back in a 4231 high press / possession shape with WB(S) and DM(D) BWM(S).Ā 
I have never had a Stopper/ Cover CB combination working on a satisfying level. Did you?Ā 

Am 21.10.2023 um 15:17 schrieb axelmuller:

First season done with Zaragoza in Spanish La Liga 2, using a 4231 shape throughout the whole season. After a horrible defeat in the first leg of the playoff finals against Las Palmas, ended up with this for the decisive match:

Great work! I donā€˜t get the AP running which is why I have an AM(A) playing there.Ā 

Just now, coach vahid said:

Sorry if it already post but... Is it possible to do the same with the 442 @Johnny Ace ?

I rarely use a 4-4-2 to be honest, I normally use a standard 4-4-2 in the lower leagues and use a 4-3-3 DM or 4-2-3-1 DM as soon as I possibly canĀ 

It's something like:

4-4-2.png.843bb072b51c5870d33eee81a820a942.png

And that's about it, I tinkered with them for years and always came back to something like that, 4-4-2 DM was similar with a Volante and a WingbackĀ :thup:

Il y a 12 heures, Johnny Ace a ditĀ :

I rarely use a 4-4-2 to be honest, I normally use a standard 4-4-2 in the lower leagues and use a 4-3-3 DM or 4-2-3-1 DM as soon as I possibly canĀ 

It's something like:

4-4-2.png.843bb072b51c5870d33eee81a820a942.png

And that's about it, I tinkered with them for years and always came back to something like that, 4-4-2 DM was similar with a Volante and a WingbackĀ :thup:

Thanks a lot.šŸ‘