Need Advice for My Bundesliga's II Team.

image.thumb.png.c5c226390de3001d40f10e91bc19e80a.png

I'm currently managing Koln.

I see a lot of players on my II team and I don't know what I should do with them all. Many of them are bad. I know that even though my II team has no schedule they still play in a simulated league. Should I just let their contract to expire? Or should I sell them right away? And what is your advice for my II team in the future? Should I just stack them with good young players that are 19 and older (since they cant play in the U19 league anymore?

I never managed a Bundesliga team before so I dont really know what to do with my II team. Thanks a lot!

Edited by Oyt

Been a while since I managed a German team and funnily enough it was Koln as well.

I used my II team like a U21 team. Lets face it - if you get to 22 and still have not made it to the first team you are never going to. So I would sell players at 22 and promoted U18's to II team. Looking at your II squad there are a least 6 player stealing a weekly salary and need to go- Trautner, Selger, Nottbeck, Kraus, Hauser and Mittelstadt.

Try to maintain a squad size of 2 players per position.

Edited by thecaveman

German second teams are rather awkward in FM. They're in the official league pyramid, but most are in the 4th Division (for the Bundesliga clubs at least), so they are in a non playable league. If your second team is in the 4th Division at the start of the game they can be one of the 4 randomly promoted teams to the Third Bundesliga every season at which point they would be in a playable league and are amazing for developing players due to taking part in domestic league matches, but unless that happens they will never have any games, so having players in your reserves at that time is useless.

Probably the most best advice going from the above comments. The German 2nd teams are an absolute headache in FM. No fixtures & the game makes it hard to employ decent  staff. Absolutely useless. Just sell all the players who are over 20 & release the rest. Waste of funds.