Help creating a more realistic version of the CONCACAF Champions Cup

LZmaster

So as many may be aware, the format of the CONCACAF Champions Cup is drastically changing. There will be three regional cups that will allow teams from Central America and the Caribbean to enter the CONCACAF Champions Cup easier and more frequently. Currently, this is made by using three 'zones' as a preliminary round to the actual round in FM23. Because of compatibility and because I haven't done anything in the Editor for the past 5 years, I just want to have the Caribbean Club Championship to have 32 clubs (every champion of the Caribbean associations + the current champions or the number 2 of the current champions league). The finalists of the Caribbean Club Championship should then be included in the preliminary Caribbean zone for the CONCACAF Champions Cup alongside with the numbers 1 and 2 of Haiti, Jamaica, Dominican Republic and Trinidad & Tobago. 

I made a small beginning and would like to test the Caribbean Club Championship and force verified the XML file. I loaded the Caribbean Championship through Mexico and now that I want to test it, Mexico has no leagues anymore... How is this possible? The XML file is attached.

CONCACAF_CL_1.xml

16 hours ago, LZmaster said:

I made a small beginning and would like to test the Caribbean Club Championship and force verified the XML file. I loaded the Caribbean Championship through Mexico and now that I want to test it, Mexico has no leagues anymore... How is this possible?

Why? Do it as a continental competition and verify it normally. That will tell you what the issues are and allow you to fix them. It also won't break domestic competitions since it'll be completely separate.

As for what you're trying to do, do you want to edit how the CONCACAF Champions Cup qualification works too? If so, that massively complicates things. I've heard North America can be finicky about changes too. If not, then it's definitely possible. You can even edit the CONCACAF Champions Cup format without issue as long as you don't mess with qualification. With default qualification the Caribbean Championship needs 2 teams to qualify for CONCACAF though, only 1 would break things. From 2023 the winner needs to qualify with seeding 4 and the runner-up with seeding 6.

If you're interested in seeing how it can work here's my version with the Caribbean Championship expanded to 16 teams. Haven't verified it with the latest update though, so I'm not 100% sure it still works correctly.
z CONCACAF Clubs.fmf

3 hours ago, rusty217 said:

Why? Do it as a continental competition and verify it normally. That will tell you what the issues are and allow you to fix them. It also won't break domestic competitions since it'll be completely separate.

As for what you're trying to do, do you want to edit how the CONCACAF Champions Cup qualification works too? If so, that massively complicates things. I've heard North America can be finicky about changes too. If not, then it's definitely possible. You can even edit the CONCACAF Champions Cup format without issue as long as you don't mess with qualification. With default qualification the Caribbean Championship needs 2 teams to qualify for CONCACAF though, only 1 would break things. From 2023 the winner needs to qualify with seeding 4 and the runner-up with seeding 6.

If you're interested in seeing how it can work here's my version with the Caribbean Championship expanded to 16 teams. Haven't verified it with the latest update though, so I'm not 100% sure it still works correctly.
z CONCACAF Clubs.fmf

I am using Mexico because that is what all the YouTube videos told me to do if I wanted to change the rules of a continental competition.

I want to 'open' the CONCACAF Champions Cup. So, right now, it is impossible for teams from for example Curacao to qualify for the Champions Cup. I want to use the Caribbean Club Championship as Caribbean Shield (with all CFU members having 1 participant). The winner of the Caribbean Shield alongside the runner-up will qualify for the CONCACAF Champions Cup and will be added to the Caribbean Zone in the preliminary rounds. Right now I am testing the attached version if you want to take a look. It does the Caribbean Shield perfectly, but it does not store history and I am trying to fix that. 

Test2.fmf

Edited by LZmaster

5 hours ago, LZmaster said:

I am using Mexico because that is what all the YouTube videos told me to do if I wanted to change the rules of a continental competition.

I want to 'open' the CONCACAF Champions Cup. So, right now, it is impossible for teams from for example Curacao to qualify for the Champions Cup. I want to use the Caribbean Club Championship as Caribbean Shield (with all CFU members having 1 participant). The winner of the Caribbean Shield alongside the runner-up will qualify for the CONCACAF Champions Cup and will be added to the Caribbean Zone in the preliminary rounds. Right now I am testing the attached version if you want to take a look. It does the Caribbean Shield perfectly, but it does not store history and I am trying to fix that. 

Test2.fmf 33.43 kB · 0 downloads

Here's a guide for how to extract them to a continental file instead. Much less likely to get issues that way. https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/540347-how-to-extract-continental-club-and-international-files-from-editor-tutorial/?do=findComment&comment=13403624

I can't see anything that should prevent history being stored. It seems to be recording champions during testing, you could tick Automatically Add History box on the history page just in case though, it is throwing up a lot of errors with number of teams however.