Advanced rules fm23

garypstead

It seems very difficult to achieve. I don't think you can do it in the editors (That I've seen) and some of the adaptations to make the game start in July 2023 with the updated databases also struggle with it, recommending you restart the game until you get the arrangement you want.

It should probably be an option before you start games, like it is on Career Mode in FIFA. You can quickly change the division teams are in and whether they are in Europe or not.

You can't change the number. That's hardcoded. You could lower England's coefficient to reduce the number of places they get, but the top 4 (5 from 2024) countries are going to get 4 places minimum in the UCL and even if you lower England's coefficient it probably won't take long until they're a top 5 country again.

You might be able to edit it so the FA Cup gives a UCL instead of Europa place, there's a section to assign priority for international places. You could try putting the FA Cup as the #2 priority there (similar to above, if England dropped low enough in the coefficients that they only had 1 UCL place that would change back to a Europa League place though). No idea if it would work though. I've only seen that section used for the lowest priority place in things like the Dutch European places playoff, and I've never used it myself. Way too finicky and difficult to mess with IMO.

What if you changed the FA Cup to just be a "domestic cup" instead of "domestic main cup"? Or failing that, set an end year of 2021 for the normal one, and duplicate it into a "domestic cup"... maybe the game will look for a cup winner wherever it can find it, though

If you re-write the competition it could be possible, but in doing so you would be sacrificing the coefficients. If you take a look at my UEFA Cup section here, and see how I've picked the teams. You'll see that Continent > Teams is blanked out. Look at UEFA Cup > Teams > Team Pool. If you were to add each league to pick 2 teams to qualify for the Champions League in theory it should work. Also add in the Domestic Cup winners to qualify and have a backup in place for the scenario where they've already qualified for the Champions League. 

On 11/08/2023 at 07:27, \'Appy \'Ammer said:

If you re-write the competition it could be possible, but in doing so you would be sacrificing the coefficients. If you take a look at my UEFA Cup section here, and see how I've picked the teams. You'll see that Continent > Teams is blanked out. Look at UEFA Cup > Teams > Team Pool. If you were to add each league to pick 2 teams to qualify for the Champions League in theory it should work. Also add in the Domestic Cup winners to qualify and have a backup in place for the scenario where they've already qualified for the Champions League. 

yes that can be done - I have my own set up with bigger group stage eliminating qualifiers and more teams from the lower leagues being involved in UEFA comps which is what I want to see:D

On 11/08/2023 at 08:49, themodelcitizen said:

In theory you could invent your own sort of invisible coefficient based on division reputation (that's dynamic, isn't it?) using team pools and sorting by division repetition. Would just be an insane amount of work

you can lose days with this editor...days:brock: