Utilizing a 3-5-2 as a possession/superior side

I'm not familiar with the 5-3-2/3-5-2 and currently trying to implement a more possession focused tactic when i'm the superior side since not many teams on the second division of Portugal are going to press me... This is what i came up just as a sketch and so far had an ok start into the pre season, but i don't think i can judge based on friendlies.

TI: 

In Posession: Shorter passes, Play out of defence, low crosses, higher tempo

In transition: Take short kicks, Distribute to centre-backs, counter press

Out of possession: Higher defensive line, higher line of engagement, pressing more often, prevent short gk distribution

Which things could/should i change, if any?

LINEUP111691705535416.png

Edited by hotredabyss

The two centerbacks out wide you want to be capable of progressing the ball. WCB or BPD are good options. At the very least a WCB(d) is a good defence first replacement for these roles. 

DLP(d) is a role that's a bit annoying IMO. I would recommend a DLP(s) or RGA as nice alternatives. Just a simple DM(s) works as well.

Might want to look at the striker partnerships you've got going at the moment too. Having one of them hold up the ball could be more dynamic. If it's on the right side, he can hold the ball up for the Mez(a).

I'd also take counter press off. 

Edited by Cloud9

7 horas atrás, Cloud9 disse:

The two centerbacks out wide you want to be capable of progressing the ball. WCB or BPD are good options. At the very least a WCB(d) is a good defence first replacement for these roles. 

DLP(d) is a role that's a bit annoying IMO. I would recommend a DLP(s) or RGA as nice alternatives. Just a simple DM(s) works as well.

Might want to look at the striker partnerships you've got going at the moment too. Having one of them hold up the ball could be more dynamic. If it's on the right side, he can hold the ball up for the Mez(a).

I'd also take counter press off. 

I can see the DLP(S) working, yeah, and it's definitely right on that. I used PI to make all the others more ofensive while using the 3 Cb + the DLP to be the wall on defense, but my dlp is good anyway to be on S

Also, why unmark the "counter press"? Wouldn't PI balance it out? I understand that having my trio midfield getting dragged out of place and the wingbacks pressing too much being like candy for teams with wingers, but as a superior side, shouldn't i try to minizime their space and time with ball and quickly recover it?

Edited by hotredabyss

10 hours ago, hotredabyss said:

I can see the DLP(S) working, yeah, and it's definitely right on that. I used PI to make all the others more ofensive while using the 3 Cb + the DLP to be the wall on defense, but my dlp is good anyway to be on S

Also, why unmark the "counter press"? Wouldn't PI balance it out? I understand that having my trio midfield getting dragged out of place and the wingbacks pressing too much being like candy for teams with wingers, but as a superior side, shouldn't i try to minizime their space and time with ball and quickly recover it?

It's just really tiring for the team to have on all the time and you're pressing more often anyways. I'd just use it for sections of the match, on a high press you can afford to use it more often w/out the high risk of getting beat.

Edited by Cloud9