Help to improve tackling

1 hour ago, Triggerusa39 said:

Anyone?? 

If they are attempting tons of tackles that's largely a result of your tactical setup. Try taking off Counter Press and dropping the trigger press down a notch. 

If they can't win tackles, that means they're bad at tackling (player issue). Tackling + mental attributes are what to look for here. Since your line of engagement is high + a standard line of defence, look at the attributes on your front line & midfield. 

Edited by Cloud9

57 minutes ago, Cloud9 said:

If they are attempting tons of tackles that's largely a result of your tactical setup. Try taking off Counter Press and dropping the trigger press down a notch. 

If they can't win tackles, that means they're bad at tackling (player issue). Tackling + mental attributes are what to look for here Since your line of engagement is high + a standard line of defence, look at the attributes on your front line & midfield. 

Thank you...ill give that a go 😁

38 minutes ago, Triggerusa39 said:

Thank you...ill give that a go 😁

No problem, hope some of that helps :thup:

Out of the mentals, aggression is probably the biggest one to look at. It'll dictate how often the player impacts/goes for the opposition. One of my favorite attributes, but can lead to more fouls as well w/out the ability to back it up. 

Edited by Cloud9

Thank you. I am suprisingly doing quite well as West Ham, but with lack of scoring (average 1 per game) and lack of consistancy. Ill beat City away 1-0 and lose 3-1 away at 18th Watford. 

I did see that Paqueta had 8 tacking as DLP and Gomez (WB) has 7 🙄. I have swapped out Paqueta and told gomez to ease of tackes.

Any suggestions to create a little more? I have shoot more often on the front 3 but im not getting much out of them in terms of goals.

47 minutes ago, Triggerusa39 said:

Thank you. I am suprisingly doing quite well as West Ham, but with lack of scoring (average 1 per game) and lack of consistancy. Ill beat City away 1-0 and lose 3-1 away at 18th Watford. 

I did see that Paqueta had 8 tacking as DLP and Gomez (WB) has 7 🙄. I have swapped out Paqueta and told gomez to ease of tackes.

Any suggestions to create a little more? I have shoot more often on the front 3 but im not getting much out of them in terms of goals.

I don't think a player like Paqueta would be the problem for you unless you deployed him as a BWM. His mentals are really strong, should be the type of player you can rely on. Your outlying numbers on poor tackles should mostly be fixed through the TI changes I think. 

In terms of creating, that is a problem West Ham have in real life as well :)  Couple changes to consider:

• Your style is narrow at the moment, which will make you defensively compact and help to win the ball back. Opening that up will make you more of a threat going forward, esp with the amount of wide players you have.
  • I would also move up your defensive line to high. There's a bit of gap between the midfield and frontline which will be highlighted by the LOE/DL as is. 
  • Asking the BPD to dribble more can be quite an effective tweak in a back 3 to break the lines.
  • Switch one of the IW(A) to a supporting role and move one of the wingbacks to a CWB or WB(A) role.
  • Scamacca could be better utilized in a different role up top, TF(a) or even CF(a) look like strong options for him. 
Edited by Cloud9

Amazing...thank you

The only reason i play standard defensive line is beacuse i find every game the AI will punt a ball over the top from all over the fueld and their striker runs on and scores? I have tried Opposition instructions to stop this, but dropping the line helps...

Do you just man mark their AF if they play 4231 or 433 or us there an other option.

Thanks

Edited by Triggerusa39
Add more detail.

2 hours ago, Triggerusa39 said:

Amazing...thank you

The only reason i play standard defensive line is beacuse i find every game the AI will punt a ball over the top from all over the fueld and their striker runs on and scores? I have tried Opposition instructions to stop this, but dropping the line helps...

Do you just man mark their AF if they play 4231 or 433 or us there an other option.

Thanks

Zouma is quite quick, if they're getting in behind I would look at the centerbacks to the left and right of him.  Standard + High lines is not necessarily a problem, Just keep an eye out for the front three becoming overly isolated. 

On man marking, it depends on the situation. It can be dangerous to man mark an AF, as you're getting closer to him which won't help you if the ball is played into space. It can pull your defensive line apart as well, I would only use it for very specific occasions. Harry Kane is the type of forward I might man mark w/a physical player. Usually I only use 2-4 opposition instructions per match and rarely on the opposition frontline. I mostly use "show onto foot" for the frontline of the opposition.

You could see who is responsible for playing the killer ball and target them instead.

• In a 4-2-3-1 I would target their 10 usually.
  • Against a 4-3-3 I would be more conservative 

Both formations outnumbered you in midfield so I would make sure your pivot isn't overrun as a priority. If I was encountering your formation I would look to overload the pivot and play through the middle of the park. The two WB's on narrow can help with the midfield battle, but as you push wider they'll be more isolated. 

Your strength is the wide areas where you've got two banks for the opposition to get through (IW, WB) before attacking the covering CB. If you're going to sacrifice a position to shut down an opposition playmaker, I would ask one of them. Against a 10 in a 4-2-3-1, I would have Lavia man mark him, while asking Kyle Walker Peters to sit more narrow to cover.

Edited by Cloud9