[FM21] Faroe Islands promotion/relegation

ThePossession

Hey there :))

Looking for help with my faroese DB.

In each league there's 2 promotion/relegation spots (from the premier to the bottom division). I've got that working v easily but it's the next rule that I'm struggling with.

B/C etc. teams are in the pyramid and as a result there's a rule stating that if no FIRST team finishes in the top 3 of any given league, then there is not promotion/relegation. The same applies if there's only one first team in the top 3, 1 promotion/relegation between the two leagues.

I've looked everywhere in the editor and can't make headway with it. I don't think it would be dynamic just as it's not group based and doesn't alter the leagues sizes.

Any help would be great :)) I've attached the file to have a look at, and it's verified to before I'd started fiddling so it will work but without said rule. Thanks again :))

Faroe Islands Rework.fmf

That's a tricky one, under "league fate actions" you can apply exceptions and tell it to skip to the next team or not, but I'm not sure how you'd tie that up with promotion. I'm not sure it would be able to handle the 0-promotion seasons in any event. Are the leagues flexible enough (IRL) to account for different numbers of teams each season?

5 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

That's a tricky one, under "league fate actions" you can apply exceptions and tell it to skip to the next team or not, but I'm not sure how you'd tie that up with promotion. I'm not sure it would be able to handle the 0-promotion seasons in any event. Are the leagues flexible enough (IRL) to account for different numbers of teams each season?

I'll have a look at that when I next get chance, see what I can get going :)) thanks!

And I'm not too sure really. The leagues only have 10 teams (except for the bottom tier) so they'd get pretty restricted losing teams to 8, and too long with 12 teams around.

I personally can't find the best way of doing this without it still causing the promotion relegation error (teams not matching up).

It seems the "league fate actions" seem too restricted (for me to be able to do it at least), I was trying to pair it with "fate exceptions" but seeing as you can't really coincide with what's happening in the league below, I'm not sure it's entirely possible (at least from what I can see).