How are ID's of a Mod decided?

rristola

I am not familiar with Editing. A bit, yeah, but...

If there is a Mod consisting a Fantasy League with a number of Teams and each a number of players etc., any of those can be in the vanilla database.

When and how are mods ID's reserved, defined, decided,...? And by who or what?

In other words: if that Mod is available in Steam and players download it from there, will those team ID's etc. be the same for everyone ('Mod based'), or will those ID's be given ONLY when a new game is being started?

Can 'fixed' ID's be given (by the user)? (To be able to make a Mod depending another Mod.) So, is there any way to make a graphics package to a Mod using 'non-vanilla' data...?

Also good guesses are OK now. Thanks.

Edited by rristola
added some

Lots of people create new nations, new clubs and new players and release imagepacks with them, The only way such a image pack is viable, is when the game uses those exact numbers.

I think however, that the editor choses those numbers random every time you create a new entry and that two editor files can use the same numbers. So that could clash potentially when created club ABC in editor file 1 and created club XYZ in editor file 2 have the same ID. As far as I know the game solves this by assigning a new unused random ID to one of those clubs. (The one that is loaded first keeps its number, the one that is loaded second receives a new number) That is why some people give there editor file a name starting with 00 or 01, etc to have it loaded early on when the game is created. so that the ID's be the same as the creater intended and the  images and other things work correctly.

I am not entirely sure about this, but I think this is the way it works.

Edited by Jorgen