Have you ever gone back?

Hi all, 

Have you ever, either in the same save or a different save, gone back for a second stint at a club? If so, how was it?  

In previous saves, I had good spells in Sweden with Varmbols, and also in Denmark with AC Horsens. I'm in a new save now, currently managing in Ireland. However, i may be tempted to manage either Varmbols or Horsens again. 

So, have you ever done something like this, and if so, how was it? 

Cheers 

Not done it in the same save, but between FM18 and FM22 I managed some clubs multiple times - probably 5 or 6 times with Brentford, Ipswich and Man Utd; at least twice with Peterborough and Hull, and I do at least one save with Darlington in every FM.

The thing is, they're always different to some degree - you lose players to transfer or injury in one save but not another; players get off to a flying start or randomly struggle; a star signing in one save moves somewhere else in another. But I've always enjoyed it... I wouldn't go back if I didn't :lol:

I’ve done it plenty of times! 
in my current save I started with Deportes Temuco in the Chilean second tier. Stayed there for a couple of years and then went to Palmeiras, Villarreal, Juventus, Swedish national team. And now in 2049 I’m back in Chile with Deportes Temuco to finish of FM 23 👍

18 hours ago, Zachary Whyte said:

I always take a small club to the top division, leave, watch them crumble without me, then return to save them again. :D 

That's how you become a club legend. 

Any chance to make the AI managers more competent in FM24? :D

I don't recall in the same save. But over the years (IRL), I saw myself getting offers to lead QPR and Fiorentina way more often than not.

After a few times, I decided not to accept offers to run these two clubs again, because the experience was quite similar with the same lackluster results.

Edited by phd_angel

• Administrators
1 hour ago, andu1 said:

Any chance to make the AI managers more competent in FM24? :D

To be fair to the AI, I left AFC Wimbledon in the Prem, with a League One squad on £250,000 week wages in total, I don't think any manager could survive with that! :D