Transfer fees and contract lengths

Few questions

1. Whenever the game is next updated or a new version, will there be some teams in the game that will just throw money at you, like Chelsea, Saudi etc? In previous versions, I'd have really struggled to buy a player for £4m and get him to £115m level in two seasons like Caicedo. Or even sell any player for £200m like Neymar. Or even an established player like Rice, I'd have never sold him for over 100 in FM. Will it now be easier selling players for huge fees if certain clubs are interested?

2. I'm sure in FM, I could only offer 4 year contracts. Will 8 and 9 be options now, as Chelsea are doing? 

Thanks

Not in FM22 (don't have FM23) but in FM21 I did sell 2 players for very high money. At Inter I had a Turkish winger that I sold to man city for 170m including add ons. Then I got hold of a Brazilian on a free that turned out to be one of the best after a few seasons. PSG and man city chased him. Eventually had to relent and accepted a 200m offer. Player was unhappy and was just losing form. On FM22 closest I've come is with a Brazilian midfielder. Signed for 22m to my Real Betis team about 5 seasons in. 3 or 4 seasons later he was being chased by a number of clubs. Best offer was from Liverpool 150m.

1 hour ago, DamianJMcGrath said:

Really?  How do you do it? 

On my game, I've got the best striker in the world at 22, had him since 17 and no one has ever bid or even said they are interested. I'm Man United but even so, why are Real Madrid, Barcelona, Paris SG etc not at least interested?

His agent probably tells them he's not interested in leaving. You can encourage bids by placing a value on him and if prompted by a reporter that someone is interested you can also tell them you're open to selling. 

29 minutes ago, wazzaflow10 said:

His agent probably tells them he's not interested in leaving. You can encourage bids by placing a value on him and if prompted by a reporter that someone is interested you can also tell them you're open to selling. 

But then they will bid low amounts. I've never ever had a bid that matches someone's asking price, let alone above it, let alone over 150m!

4 minutes ago, DamianJMcGrath said:

But then they will bid low amounts. I've never ever had a bid that matches someone's asking price, let alone above it, let alone over 150m!

Well no one starts bidding 150M...  How many players do you have loaded in your save?

I sold Martial to Real Madrid for 100M + 20M easy add ons in FM21. His value was only 75M. That was after a year of Madrid scouting him. I didn't let on that I would sell him until Haaland was available for 80M and unsettled by me for the same amount of time. If you're trying to get rid of players actively you'll never get full value. Playing as a top English team doesn't put you in a good spot to sell players due to wages and reputation. 

In addition to this (since we're talking about how transfers work in the modern day), if we get a loan for a senior player (or someone breaking into the senior squad) can we then extend their contract like you see what Atletico did with Felix before his loan to Chelsea, Brentford did with Raya before his loan to Arsenal, Chelsea did with Hall before his apparent loan to Palace (but now it's changed to a permanent to Newcastle), etc...

For me it was just a case of the richest clubs wanting my best players. Even though I could pay high wages 300k+. Apparently because he had been scouted a few times  this made him feel special and wanted by said clubs (never works for me 😂), so he wanted to go. They put in bids near the value and then I just countered it with silly high amounts that I would let the player go for and negotiated. 

Maybe, the 8 year contracts are one thing but the cost of the transfer fee is probably spread across 8 seasons as well. That's how they can spend the money now avoiding ffp. My latest save seems to have no reason as to why some players I can only give 3 year contracts and some 4. My board has no restrictions. Unless it's bundesliga 2 league rules. I haven't looked that hard at them.

15 hours ago, DamianJMcGrath said:

On my second point, will future FMs allow 8 year old contracts like Chelsea are doing? So we can avoid FFP?

If not, how will the game handle the existing 8 year contracts for those players? 

UEFA has limited amortisation to 5 years (and I've heard rumours of Premier League looking at doing the same), so in terms of FFP, it won't change much from the current 4 or 5 year deals