3-1-6 in Possession

ive got this idea of trying out a 3-1-6 formation in Football Manager. I'm all ears for any of your experiences, suggestions about how i could set/make this work. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

It starts as a 4-2-3-1 --> 3-2-5 --> 3-1-6

Tactic:

Team instruction: Attacking/positive mentality; Much shorter w/ slightly lower/higher tempo, focus through the middle, Widest width, work into the box, counter press, roll out to fullback & centreback, High line of engagment and defensive line, max press and step back.

Play instruction: IW(stay wider, hold position), CM(A) (Move into channel), Treq (Stay wider) SV(A) (Get forward, move into channel), WB(Automatic) (Hold position, stay wider), FB(D) (sit narrower, dribble less). Back three have close down less.

Reason why i didnt play with the CAM (AM-S) is that i notice that it would go into the channel where the SV should be at, even try use hold position but would still position himself there.

Screenshot 2023-08-16 at 19.06.31.png

Edited by eddygodwin

I understand the preference of setting up a system in a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 or anything of that ilk, and have that transform in game to 3-2-5 and 2-3-5 like pep, arteta and many others do in real life. I also really want that to work, and while i have had some succes getting the ingame movement i want along with good results, the closest representation i have been able to get of what i wanted was just to simply put that formation i wanted in the tactics creator. I wanted us to attack in 3-2-5, so the formation i chose to go with was this.
690260c8e655c16f04c917215bfcb1b9.png

I've elected to sacrifice my off ball structure being how i would have wanted it to be the most, to get the exact offensive movement i was looking for. 
Not saying you cant try it the other way, just another option to consider.

On 17/08/2023 at 11:30, julle17 said:

I understand the preference of setting up a system in a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 or anything of that ilk, and have that transform in game to 3-2-5 and 2-3-5 like pep, arteta and many others do in real life. I also really want that to work, and while i have had some succes getting the ingame movement i want along with good results, the closest representation i have been able to get of what i wanted was just to simply put that formation i wanted in the tactics creator. I wanted us to attack in 3-2-5, so the formation i chose to go with was this.
690260c8e655c16f04c917215bfcb1b9.png

I've elected to sacrifice my off ball structure being how i would have wanted it to be the most, to get the exact offensive movement i was looking for. 
Not saying you cant try it the other way, just another option to consider.

Thanks for your suggestion, i've had an attempt on making a natural 3-2-5 as in starting formation of a 3-2-5 which worked successfully and now looking to attempt another type of tactic. I've must've seen an image and thinking of different ways to form that 3-1-6 in possession.

IMG_0193.jpg