Set Pieces - Goal Kicks

Nessaja Wolf

I'm sure it's been mentioned but after a quick scan through i couldn't find anything but I feel Goal Kicks should be added to set pieces.

As it seems the majority of teams like to play it out from a short goal kick these days i thought it would be a useful addition if you could encourage it and set your team up to take different types of short (or long) goal kicks, position players and set a few instructions, similarly when attacking and facing a team who were playing it short.

I was quite in awe of Brighton on Saturday as they took risks with taking it very short and passing it about but at the same time had 4 players standing up on the half way line, they would pass it about between defenders, then once the Wolves players had started to press would find an outball to one of the 4 players in an advanced position - leaving in effect a counter attack (and leave 5/6 Wolves players effectively chasing back).  It didn't always come off, but it was very impressive.

17 hours ago, Nessaja Wolf said:

I'm sure it's been mentioned but after a quick scan through i couldn't find anything but I feel Goal Kicks should be added to set pieces.

As it seems the majority of teams like to play it out from a short goal kick these days i thought it would be a useful addition if you could encourage it and set your team up to take different types of short (or long) goal kicks, position players and set a few instructions, similarly when attacking and facing a team who were playing it short.

I was quite in awe of Brighton on Saturday as they took risks with taking it very short and passing it about but at the same time had 4 players standing up on the half way line, they would pass it about between defenders, then once the Wolves players had started to press would find an outball to one of the 4 players in an advanced position - leaving in effect a counter attack (and leave 5/6 Wolves players effectively chasing back).  It didn't always come off, but it was very impressive.

To add, Brighton and a few other teams (I think Man Utd?) have their centre backs take the goal kick, who passes it back to the keeper. Could be an option in this proposed feature, to select goal kick takers

• 2 weeks later...