Adding an additional MLS Expansion Team via editor

Royam18

Hi Everyone,do you know someone who would like to help me add the 30th team to the MLS?(I would like to revive the Miami Fusion FC as a rival to Inter Miami).

The concept is to take an MLS team with borderline zero financial reasources and cheap owner(and obivously no staff and players at all) to glory(they already exist in the DB so my main issue is to make it work in the reality or at least replace st.louis as the new expansion team).
Thanks.

I'd just use the existing ID/shell of one of the expansion clubs (like you're thinking with St. Lou) and rename them, change stadium, name/location of academy team, etc. There's so much hard-coding with draft picks, academy links etc it would be a lot more work trying to add them from scratch

10 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

I'd just use the existing ID/shell of one of the expansion clubs (like you're thinking with St. Lou) and rename them, change stadium, name/location of academy team, etc. There's so much hard-coding with draft picks, academy links etc it would be a lot more work trying to add them from scratch

The deal is that i don't know how to do all the graphics stuff and download the new files to the corectt folders.

You could find wherever the graphics are stored (might have to do it each time for kits, logo etc), find the St. Louis kits, and replace them manually. If you have a pic or something of the kits you have in mind for your fantasy team, someone here could probably paste it over whatever existing graphics you have for St. Louis

Or just find existing graphics for the Fusion (or old Ft. Lauderdale Strikers IP from NASL!), and paste those over the St. Louis graphics in your graphics pack

Edited by themodelcitizen

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/09/2023 at 07:22, Royam18 said:

The deal is that i don't know how to do all the graphics stuff and download the new files to the corectt folders.

Well there's two ways you can do it.

You can either set up the graphics folder (and if you drop me a PM I don't mind helping you do that) so that everything of a specific file type goes to one place, or you can set it up in such a way that all the files pertaining to one club go in the same folder. I use both methods and both work.

The pros ans cons of each are that with the bulk method, you can literally have hundreds of thousands of files to wade through to find what you need if you don't know your UID and the configs get pretty long, but they're all in one place.

The pros and cons to the one folder method are that it's much easier to find what you're looking for, but if you create a lot of teams you're going to have a lot of folders.

• 1 month later...
On 18/09/2023 at 00:31, xbenjaminx said:

Well there's two ways you can do it.

You can either set up the graphics folder (and if you drop me a PM I don't mind helping you do that) so that everything of a specific file type goes to one place, or you can set it up in such a way that all the files pertaining to one club go in the same folder. I use both methods and both work.

The pros ans cons of each are that with the bulk method, you can literally have hundreds of thousands of files to wade through to find what you need if you don't know your UID and the configs get pretty long, but they're all in one place.

The pros and cons to the one folder method are that it's much easier to find what you're looking for, but if you create a lot of teams you're going to have a lot of folders.

First of all,sorry for the late response.

Second of all,I'm without PC right now on myself(had a plan for a relaxed vacation),but as soon i would return home i would PM to you about option A because i only need to create a one team,the Fusion).

• 3 weeks later...