Possibility to play as youth coach, director of football, agent, owner..

lorenzopaniccia

For football manager 2024 my dream is to be able to start as a youth coach to work his way up as usually happens with all coaches in the world.

Another dream of mine is to be able to play solely as Director of Football, i.e. the one who hires the coach and staff, the one who buys the players and sells them. 

Or again, the possibility of being an agent, with the task of contacting young players and making them debut in the professional world, and having with him a team of private scouts who advise the players.

Or again, be the president of a club and be the one who manages the finances of the club, negotiating with sponsors and whatnot. 

There are tons of opportunities to take Football Manager to the next level of realism and innovation, so I hope with all my heart that you all can take that little extra step. 

Take care. Best regards

Lorenzo

Only youth team manager may be a possible role SI may add to the game, as the game is a "manager". If you wish to perform other roles, then delegate your responsibilities to other staff so you do not need to do those tasks. Even playing games (team selection) can be delegated and you can take control of the youth team (not hire youth manager, take youth team training, make team selections).

I love this idea, especially playing as Director of Football and Youth Coach. 

7 hours ago, Enzu225 said:

Even playing games (team selection) can be delegate

That's right but you will be still the coach and in most of the cases you can only hire assistant coaches, not other real coaches :/

I tried playing as DoF using the in-game editor to add the coach, but it's still non-functional because for example coach doesn't talk to players when they are down and other small but important details. 

As this game is called Football Manager, it should definetly be possible to play as a Youth coach; U19 or U21 manager for teams that have enough youth players/reserves. Many coaches have first been youth coaches and worked their way up the ladder. We should be able to replicate the same in FM. I hope this option will be added to FM soon, including for national teams (adding U19 option)

• 6 months later...