[Suggestion] Adding multiple training routines to a single training session

Enzu225

It would make the game more interesting if you can add multiple training routines to the same session and set the time for how long a routine lasts.

If a session could include a full match, then a training session is 90 minutes long. Session 1, Session 2 and Extra Session are together 270 minutes long. From what I have read professional teams sometimes train around 30 hours a week, which is over 4 hours a day on average.

Adding multiple routines to a session works like this:

Currently you have 3 session slots a day to add training routines in, a session likely lasts 90 minutes. I propose that only 1 big slot remains where you can then drag a training routine into, the training routine if added will automatically be 90 minutes long or as long as the remaining time you have available. You can then double click to edit the length of the routine and change the length from between 5 to 90 minutes. If the session is left empty it will automatically be set as rest. If you set the first routine length as 85 minutes, you can add an additional of 185 minutes worth of training routines, if you then add two 90 minute routines, you are left with 5 minutes of rest.

The reason for my suggestion is that I have attended Semi-Professional club reserve team training sessions and the training sessions sometimes include 15 minute dribbling training and 45 minutes playing games, or 10 minute run, 5 minute keeping the ball and 45 minutes games. The reserve team could be considered as amateur and has one session a day two times a week lasting for 1 hour but during the session there is variety in training. If more routines could be added to a training session then it would make creating training schedules more interesting and it will add a smaller increase to more attributes as more training routines are included. That will in particular apply for Physical training as rarely those training routines last a whole session for lower league teams, and if you do not add any physical session to the schedule in Football Manager usually no improvement in physical attributes takes place.

While seeing that some people may decide to add the maximum 54 training routines a day this way, all lasting 5 minutes. There may be a limit on how many training routines you can add for a single day, with my recommendation being 8-10. Also, some training routines should have a minimum length such as match practice can not be less than 15 minutes if added.

Edited by Enzu225

• 4 months later...