How long does it take to buy your own stadium?

On 19/09/2023 at 06:33, Brasilia88 said:

Be aware that after a stadium is build, you'll have to wait 25 years to get a new one. 

Therefore, it might be more interesting to wait it out if you're planning to bring the club to CL level. 

so I guess that is not actually the case any more. You can only request to build a new one every 25 years, but your board will build a new stadium whenever they feel like it would make sense to do so.

10 hours ago, phantombandit said:

so I guess that is not actually the case any more. You can only request to build a new one every 25 years, but your board will build a new stadium whenever they feel like it would make sense to do so.

This is wrong, there are no hard coded limit anymore. I had two brand new stadiums built within a 7 year period in FM19 already (I posted screenshots back then too).

22 minutes ago, H_a_a_k_o_n said:

Is the 25-year limit removed? In what FM version?

Some time before FM19 at least.

3 minutes ago, H_a_a_k_o_n said:

Great! I just have a very bad board, then :)

Yeah, I'd say getting two close is not very likely, but not impossible. For me it happened after we started building a new stadium when my team were in the Vanarama National, but then I got 3 straight promotions, so the new stadium was too small for the Championship, so they agreed to build a new one after a year or so at the newly built one. So quite the unusual circumstance I think. I'd say it gets more and more likely the older the stadium is (as well as the financial situation and how filled the current one is, and probably the ambition and frugality of the board and a lot of other factors too), but no hard limit.