Found a way to make a back 4, build like a 3 more consistently

It's possible that it's just a visual bug in the tactics creator.

Have you tested how it performs in the match? Does the player actually play like a WCB?

There's still the issue of the FB-D not sitting narrow enough, and not acting as the 3rd CB. 

I'd actually use a back 3, with the left defender being a WCB, instead of FB-D to make the back 3. It kind of opens up the flank, but not really, as the WCB would actually cover it, especially if you use a RB in the RB spot (and not the WB spot). The whole def line would shift to cover.

1 minute ago, (sic) said:

It's possible that it's just a visual bug in the tactics creator.

Have you tested how it performs in the match? Does the player actually play like a WCB?

There's still the issue of the FB-D not sitting narrow enough, and not acting as the 3rd CB. 

I'd actually use a back 3, with the left defender being a WCB, instead of FB-D to make the back 3. It kind of opens up the flank, but not really, as the WCB would actually cover it, especially if you use a RB in the RB spot (and not the WB spot). The whole def line would shift to cover.

Yh i have used it in game and seen it work pretty well, the FB(d) can sometimes be wide, but if you use play down the middle and narrow width, the 3-2 build up shape happens much more, ive tried a back 3 with one WB(as iwb) which can at times defend in a 4 but id prefer the defensive shape to be more consistent then the build up shape

3 minutes ago, taciotenorio8 said:

I tried to do it but I couldn't. I don't think I understood the instructions correctly.

Move a player to central CB to make a back five, then the player you want to make a WCB click on him and click personalised and make him a WCB then when you move the central CB away he stays as a wide CB

Untitled.png

Untitled1.png