Do you change tactics during the match ?

Can someone tell me principles of how to change tactics during match according to your opponent ?Otherwise I stop playing this game cause it makes no sense and feels to be too random.

I am not talking about counterformation

I mean principles how to counter opponent using tactics parameters like:

---Team Shape: mentality(control, counter attack, contain,) and etc...

---Attack tactics: like passing style and final third(look for overlap,throught ball)

----And other tactic parameters...

Cause I play for Brighton,i counter formation and still loose a lot even to teams that have worse squad and results

Sometimes I dont save and replay but countering their attack and also loose...

I think that is because I don't understand tactics principles.....How can I understand what exactly should I change in tactic during after the match has started  ????

I thing that this game is too random and has no stable principles...But then I see some guys get on 1-2 place in EPL..

There is a guy on YouTube called 'Coach Roan'. If you're unsure on tactics and what works and why, watch some of his videos. He explains very well why certain formations work in the game and what their strengths and weaknesses are. It can very often be one or two tiny settings that make a huge difference and he explains it all very well.

I rarely change much within a tactic during a game other than overall mentality and time wasting to hold a lead. If I'm winning towards the end I'll go cautious, stick time wasting to the middle and tick 'be more disciplined'. My main tactic is a 4-2-3-1 which works very well at home and against weak teams away generally. But it's terrible against 442s, so I make a couple of tweaks to play through the middle, work ball into the box and go more attacking which works well. It also doesn't work against the AI 4-1-2-2-1/433 so I have a specific tactic for that which works well and a 442 tactic that works well against 4-2-3-1s. If the AI changes formation during the game I'll make changes to mine if I've got a better tactic than the default one.