Im trying! Cant tackle

I started a new Game as Man United. 

Im doing well with a tactic i tweaked. Im second after 12 games with 27 points and walking the Europa League Group. 

I seem to struggle away from home. A few draws, but in away games the opposition have the majority of highlights and eventually score. I dominate at home.

I looked at the data hub. It says i am very good defensively and 'even better in attack'. 

My tackling seems dreadful and i dont seem to be winning the ball high up the pitch? Can i fix this?i dont have any personal instructions. 

Anthony is also sitting in the 'passive shooting low quality box?'

20230913_091256.jpg

16945932069704940871633255754443.jpg

16945932466487170881803009749574.jpg

16945933662933814037613235569752.jpg

16945934019152305581845235124171.jpg

Bump ^^^

Also... does anyone have thoughts on playing a virtical possession based tikki tac as the stronger team,playing an aggressive virtical tikku tac against teams who just sit back and a fluid counter attack when away against stronger teams? I have Arsenal away in the CC (i beat then at home) the City away. I was going to use the Fluid Counter on positive, sit back and use the Pace of Rashford, Sancho and Evanilson ... does this work? 

Part 1) It may be as simple as that your players aren't good at tackling.

Who is a tackler? Fernandes? No. Whoever that striker is? No. Rashford? No. Antony? No. Eriksen? No. You've got Sabitzer, who afaik is basically an average ball winner, I suspect he is not really a ball winning midfielder naturally.

Utd as a team don't have any steel in the midfield, and that was why Casemiro dramatically improved their situation. Fred and McTominay were good ball winners, but then they didn't have creativity. What Utd need is a creative player in the centre who can tackle to accompany a primary ball winner like Casemiro. Otherwise teams like Wolves will just walk through them as they did this season.

Part 2) Tactically you can improve things by pulling back your press and defensive line. The main issues with high press are a) it tires the hell out of your players, b) it boxes the opposition in, making it very hard for your team to find space in behind and c) if the opposition break your press with direct play you are extremely vulnerable.

I suspect what is happening is your guys are failing to win the ball high up the park because they are simply not that hard working or good at tackling and then the press is bypassed.

Rein it in. Turn off counterpressing. Bring back your defensive line to standard. Give yourself a mid block. You'll get more goals and you will be more defensively solid. Trust your team to win the ball back in those conditions. They can do it!

Edited by HotPizza87

4 hours ago, HotPizza87 said:

Who is a tackler? Fernandes? No. Whoever that striker is? No. Rashford? No. Antony? No. Eriksen? No. You've got Sabitzer, who afaik is basically an average ball winner, I suspect he is not really a ball winning midfielder naturally.

Utd as a team don't have any steel in the midfield, and that was why Casemiro dramatically improved their situation. Fred and McTominay were good ball winners, but then they didn't have creativity. What Utd need is a creative player in the centre who can tackle to accompany a primary ball winner like Casemiro. Otherwise teams like Wolves will just walk through them as they did this season.

Part 2) Tactically you can improve things by pulling back your press and defensive line. The main issues with high press are a) it tires the hell out of your players, b) it boxes the opposition in, making it very hard for your team to find space in behind and c) if the opposition break your press with direct play you are extremely vulnerable.

I suspect what is happening is your guys are failing to win the ball high up the park because they are simply not that hard working or good at tackling and then the press is bypassed.

Rein it in. Turn off counterpressing. Bring back your defensive line to standard. Give yourself a mid block. You'll get more goals and you will be more defensively solid. Trust your team to win the ball back in those conditions. They can do it!

Hey Hotpizza,

Tahnks for the advice! Sabitzer is only in because Casemiro is injured. Okay, ill try reining it it. Thank you

21 hours ago, HotPizza87 said:

This worked a treat!!! I beat Fulham 9:0 lol.

Can I ask some questions:

1- is this because i am a good team, or can the dropping lines apply to midtable teams (if they have poor tacklers, pressers)

2- any changes you would make away from home, especially the top three teams. I bought Ugarde. I could play a double pivot of Casemiro BWM Ugarde (vol) and change Fernandez to a AP.