FM11 Advanced Rules Link?

Barty1884

Hi Everyone,

I still play FM11 - always used Uncle Ron & magicmastermind124's England 7 & 8.

Trying to tackle doing the 'new' Scottish pyramid system myself, so I can do something 'new', while sticking with '11.

I'm running into a problem, where I've created *most* of the structure, but suspect I now need Advanced Rules 'activated'.   Unsurprisingly, any link(s) that existed at the time are long gone. 

Long shot, but does anybody still have the required file(s) so I can press on with this?

Cheers

I managed to re-enable it - I haven't done so for ages and lost the file.  It just required moving the XML data around in the format.xml file.

Just be aware that this doesn't have any way to test the Advanced Rules like later versions on the Editor. It really wasn't meant to be supported back then, so use at your own risk.

format.xml

7 hours ago, magicmastermind124 said:

I managed to re-enable it - I haven't done so for ages and lost the file.  It just required moving the XML data around in the format.xml file.

Just be aware that this doesn't have any way to test the Advanced Rules like later versions on the Editor. It really wasn't meant to be supported back then, so use at your own risk.

format.xml 6.53 kB · 0 downloads

Much appreciated!!  Consider me warned! 

Just something I want to play around with.  Not a huge issue if things go wrong. 

*EDIT* Unfortunately, not that simple.  This file is working for you (in place of the original.xml)?  Which database version?  I'm seeing instant crash dumps as it finishes loading in the editor, both 11.3 and "Default".  

Any tips or pointers are appreciated. 

Edited by Barty1884

5 hours ago, magicmastermind124 said:

I'll admit I didn't test it with any files, but the section appears. Does it crash when you load a file into the editor? Presuming you are loading FM11 England Levels 7 & 8.

Unless you use a file from 2011, I'm really not sure how much luck you will have.

Just when loading the database into the editor. No changes, no database edits - just the 'raw' 11.3, unfortunately