Improvements on existing Player/team interactions

glasgoo

Hi all,

This is the first time in over 30 years of playing CM/FM that I have ever opened a thread to express my frustration with the game.

The utter lack of realistic reactions in the following segments just ruins a big part of the game:

1. Players that complain about lack of playing time because they feel to good to be benched or not being played at their 'favorite' position, almost never back down and always are unhappy of want to be transferred

2. The team leaders almost always back them even though that means benching a good player who will then complain in return... can't make them all play. So everybody is negative, great for team morale

3. Players asking to be transfered as soon as you don't hold up to a promise, some of them making no sense at all, having the best GK in the game but still wanting to leave beceaus you didn't buy the second best GK in the game to back him up...

4. The board of directors, regardless of your track record, are prepared to let you go over silly discussions... Having over 1B € in the bank but investing in youth is too much to ask, you better hand in your resignation then... really? Idem dito for extra affialiates, what a hustle to get one...

5. PC Clubs making irrational decisions. Some clubs just buy to buy. Buying players from me for roles where they already have top star players that then get sold for peanuts to other clubs... It's like if Real with Ronaldo would have bought Messi from Barcelona and then decides to let go Ronaldo for half of his worth... makes no sense at all.

6 Players contract renewals. You need to really be early in extending otherwise major risk of losing you player because he almost always wants to look at his options... rarely if ever possible to avoid... .

I have kept this list limited to AI, regardless of the other flaws to matchengine eo. Having played over 40 seasons in FM20 this is by far the worst FM from a realistic gameplay experience... It's a great game overall, but there is some major elements breaking imersion. Hope it gets adressed.

• 6 months later...