Scouting priorities

I am in control of all scouting and I'm not keeping scout reports on my shortlist up to date. Yet I always have a 100 scout reports being carried out for 2 matches on random players that I haven't requested. Does anyone know how I can stop this from happening?

These come from your recruitment focuses.

What seems to happen is as follows:

1. You create a recruitment focus
  2. Your staff take some time to decide who to scout
  3. Initial scouting happens in the background away from your scouting priorities, and any bad or near-miss players are filtered out
  4. The remaining players are scouted for 2 matches each via your scouting priorities
  5. The recruitment focus is complete (or restarts if its set to ongoing)

Step 3 gives you what appears to be a fully extensive scout of each player, so this is the key part of the recruitment focus.

Step 4 gives you an extra box on your scouting report which shows some stats about the player's performance in each game, and the ability to watch a highlights package of the player.

So if you don't care about the information from step 4 (and let's be honest, nobody really does) you might be better off just cancelling the recruitment focus and starting a new one back at step 1 rather than having all these players scouted for an extra 2 matches.