Indian super league in fm24

Razal

Is there any chance indian super league (Top tier in india) be added to fm24?. Having the second division but not the first is breaking the second division too since promotion in second division have to disabled. The game already has all the clubs and the players in the league so why not add the league itself?.

I wouldnt ask this if the second division was not already on the game. i hope you understand:)

I agree. I dont understand the 2nd tier league is present without the first one consideriing the league has introduced promotion relegation system, I dont think its down to licensing issue as the teams and players are already in there

I Hope seeing how much asian leagues are improving,  SI will add Indian super league. Currently its like having English championship but not premier league, you cant qualify for the acl as the clubs from inactive league has much higher reputation

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, phd_angel said:

Wow! First time I see FM doing this. It makes no sense...

It makes sense given the history.

The I-League used to be the top division in India, so SI had the correct league. Then the Super League came along as a weird extra thing, kind of makes sense not to include it then still since it would've been difficult to do unique stuff just for 1 league that few people will play (plus the need for an extra licence).

It was then changed so that India officially had 2 top divisions. A pretty dumb move TBH, and again it makes sense SI didn't implement it given they would've had to do quite a bit of extra coding just for 1 country, especially when they ended up splitting continental places between the 2 leagues.

I believe it was only last year that the Super League became the sole top division and the I-League was made a 2nd tier league with promotion/relegation between them.

Probably just a matter of time before SI get it right (maybe waiting for the next licencing cycle too for legal reasons?), but it took a good few years for India to figure it out themselves.

28 minutes ago, rusty217 said:

The I-League used to be the top division in India, so SI had the correct league. Then the Super League came along as a weird extra thing, kind of makes sense not to include it then still since it would've been difficult to do unique stuff just for 1 league that few people will play (plus the need for an extra licence).

It was then changed so that India officially had 2 top divisions. A pretty dumb move TBH, and again it makes sense SI didn't implement it given they would've had to do quite a bit of extra coding just for 1 country, especially when they ended up splitting continental places between the 2 leagues.

I believe it was only last year that the Super League became the sole top division and the I-League was made a 2nd tier league with promotion/relegation between them.

Probably just a matter of time before SI get it right (maybe waiting for the next licencing cycle too for legal reasons?), but it took a good few years for India to figure it out themselves.

-ISL was launched 10 years ago. As India's premier football division. The quality difference between isl and the I-league  ( what used to be the premier division 10 years ago) is substantial. 

- No, there are not 2 top divisions, ISL is top, only isl gives spot for the AFC champions league ( the league winner gets it, called the 'Shield') 

- After league top 6 fight to win the ISL 'Cup'. 

-Since last year there has been rule of promotion(yes only promotion for now) that the I-league league winner will get promoted to the ISL. 

- This will go on next year as  increasing the total teams in ISL to 12+1=13. After that they'll consider what to do (i.e. If to implement relegation....) 

-So no Wierd Extra things, just slightly unique, which is completely acceptable for a country where football is budding as a sport. 

4 hours ago, rusty217 said:

It should be also noted that, If you play in I league in fm 23, it is impossible to get into ACL which is also very poor .Fifa added indian super league in 2022, lets hope FM will do it too

On 04/10/2023 at 14:54, dℍaisa said:

-ISL was launched 10 years ago. As India's premier football division. The quality difference between isl and the I-league  ( what used to be the premier division 10 years ago) is substantial. 

- No, there are not 2 top divisions, ISL is top, only isl gives spot for the AFC champions league ( the league winner gets it, called the 'Shield') 

- After league top 6 fight to win the ISL 'Cup'. 

-Since last year there has been rule of promotion(yes only promotion for now) that the I-league league winner will get promoted to the ISL. 

- This will go on next year as  increasing the total teams in ISL to 12+1=13. After that they'll consider what to do (i.e. If to implement relegation....) 

-So no Wierd Extra things, just slightly unique, which is completely acceptable for a country where football is budding as a sport. 

Nope. Everything I said was correct.

It was a weird extra thing. It was only a 3 month tournament, not even a full season, it used a weird franchise model and wasn't even officially recognised as a league! "For us there is one league and it is the I-League: FIFA" https://www.rediff.com/sports/report/india-will-bid-for-2017-18-fifa-club-football-world-cup-says-aiff-chief-praful-patel/20141015.htm

It became joint top league in 2017 and shared AFC places with the I-League, just like I said. "ISL gets official recognition from AFC, becomes second national football league" https://www.firstpost.com/sports/isl-gets-official-recognition-from-afc-becomes-second-national-football-league-3755201.html

It only became "India's premier football division" in 2019, and even then continued to share AFC places with the I-League. It was only in 2022 that it become the sole top division of India with the I-League officially being made a tier 2 league. https://thefangarage.com/articles/18145-revealed-inside-the-afc-aiff-meeting-that-transformed-isl-i-league-and-indian-football

3 hours ago, rusty217 said:

Nope. Everything I said was correct.

It was a weird extra thing. It was only a 3 month tournament, not even a full season, it used a weird franchise model and wasn't even officially recognised as a league! "For us there is one league and it is the I-League: FIFA" https://www.rediff.com/sports/report/india-will-bid-for-2017-18-fifa-club-football-world-cup-says-aiff-chief-praful-patel/20141015.htm

It became joint top league in 2017 and shared AFC places with the I-League, just like I said. "ISL gets official recognition from AFC, becomes second national football league" https://www.firstpost.com/sports/isl-gets-official-recognition-from-afc-becomes-second-national-football-league-3755201.html

It only became "India's premier football division" in 2019, and even then continued to share AFC places with the I-League. It was only in 2022 that it become the sole top division of India with the I-League officially being made a tier 2 league. https://thefangarage.com/articles/18145-revealed-inside-the-afc-aiff-meeting-that-transformed-isl-i-league-and-indian-football

All we are asking for is the ISL to become a playable league,especially since all clubs are already in the database. Fifa 22 did it 2 years ago. FM can do it do. All these minor ruckus could have been dealt with a few lines of codes as things got clear over time. 

Because I guess it was wiser to let fans enjoy the league rather than waiting for all of it to settle down, which you correctly pointed out, took 6+ years... 

Edited by dℍaisa

11 hours ago, dℍaisa said:

All we are asking for is the ISL to become a playable league,especially since all clubs are already in the database. Fifa 22 did it 2 years ago. FM can do it do. All these minor ruckus could have been dealt with a few lines of codes as things got clear over time. 

Because I guess it was wiser to let fans enjoy the league rather than waiting for all of it to settle down, which you correctly pointed out, took 6+ years... 

A few fan-made dbs are available - you don't need to wait for  SI.

10 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

A few fan-made dbs are available - you don't need to wait for  SI.

The thing about those is that they will never be able to replicate clubs tranfers and finance. The foreign tranfer in the league are similar to A league and the wage cap too, But A league is hardcoded to buy players that they would irl despite the cap where as in user made leagues, the club cant figure what to do

On 05/10/2023 at 23:26, dℍaisa said:

Yeah, me too. That's why I know quite a bit about it, I've been following its progress since the beginning and I'd love to see it in FM. I was just explaining the likely reasons why it's the only country where the top division isn't playable but lower divisions are.