I just noticed my familiarity with my primary tactic is at about 60%

4 hours ago, paz said:

It looks like it's the position.role.duty that's only competent. Can anyone help me understand why it's lower than normal?

Because the game looks at your player’s attributes, compares them to what it thinks each role should have as attributes, makes a calculation and returns that result.

Any player can play any role, they’ll just play it differently, so as long as you are getting results that’s the important part - not some bar which shows “competency”.  It’s just a guide so feel free to ignore it.

Edited by herne79

16 hours ago, herne79 said:

Because the game looks at your player’s attributes, compares them to what it thinks each role should have as attributes, makes a calculation and returns that result.

Any player can play any role, they’ll just play it differently, so as long as you are getting results that’s the important part - not some bar which shows “competency”.  It’s just a guide so feel free to ignore it.

Got it - thanks gents.

RE ignoring it. I was paying attention to EVERYTHING because I was on an awful run of form and I was trying to figure out what was causing it. One thing I'm starting to think is maybe a lack of leadership amongst the squad.

1 hour ago, paz said:

Got it - thanks gents.

RE ignoring it. I was paying attention to EVERYTHING because I was on an awful run of form and I was trying to figure out what was causing it. One thing I'm starting to think is maybe a lack of leadership amongst the squad.

Yeh it can be frustrating during bad runs and looking at such a detail will have a minimal effect (if any).

If the bad run continues / happens again you may be better off considering your tactic, especially your somewhat exposed flanks (double attacking wingbacks) and who is attacking the box (double wingers).

6 hours ago, paz said:

Got it - thanks gents.

Team Dynamics, Tactics, & Fatigue (overplaying/poor preseason) are the big three for your form dropping imo. Many variables on FM but if you focus on those you should be able to turn around most situations. 

Edited by Cloud9