Removing Brexit apart from England and Editing Regions

Roy Race 9

Hi

Just a little background I have reversed Brexit for Wales/Scotland/Ireland/Gibraltar

they are now part of Northern Europe currency the Euro with 3 years to gain nationality in scotland, 2 in wales etc just to test

in game it shows as this:thup:

ceb8ed9a570258d7d16d60a3f267f36f.jpg

Wales/Scotland etc as it says above have left the UK and rejoined EU

but players playing there who are are foreign shows like this as regards days to gain nationality...[basically showing they are still part of UK/GB]

25f71175123260b6f2143dae24b11a2b.png

There is no way to edit the 'region' of UK to remove the individual countries  from it, anyone with ideas of how to stop this happening please?

and get the days to gain nationality showing up as Wales/Scotland etc not the kingdom of GB

Because that would make the players eligible to play for any of the GB nations, I would want it just for the specific country they reside in only

cheers

Edited by Roy Race 9

• Roy Race 9 changed the title to Removing Brexit apart from England and Editing Regions

Wow, nice find... That must have been code they left in the game when those were (very rare) random events in FM17 or whatever it was. Sadly they haven't tied it to an actual fix for that "days in nation" thing. You might be screwed

As a worst case scenario I'd just change the flag and name (if possible) to "Celtic Union" or something and pretend it's some new supranational organization (like the Nordic Council) that allows freedom of movement/employment, and pretend the game just recognizes that as one customs union for purposes of counting days. Obviously they all have to be the same in that case

2 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Wow, nice find... That must have been code they left in the game when those were (very rare) random events in FM17 or whatever it was. Sadly they haven't tied it to an actual fix for that "days in nation" thing. You might be screwed

As a worst case scenario I'd just change the flag and name (if possible) to "Celtic Union" or something and pretend it's some new supranational organization (like the Nordic Council) that allows freedom of movement/employment, and pretend the game just recognizes that as one customs union for purposes of counting days. Obviously they all have to be the same in that case

yes mate its a pain trying to find fixes to things that shouldnt be happening 

I was going to change the The united kingdom of GB like you suggest to something along those lines but I think that might have a bearing on the GB olympic team and dont want to cause issues with the tournament 

if we could edit the regions IMO that would resolve this as you could remove the countries that make up the UK, infact with what I have done it could be removed as its just England left in it:brock:

Edited by Roy Race 9

@Zachary Whyte when free can please provide some feedback on this.

Is it some leftover code from when Brexit was random in previous versions as @themodelcitizen suggests, a bug or something hard coded? as the celtic nations have been edited not to be part of the UK and as the  image shows the game registers this-

ceb8ed9a570258d7d16d60a3f267f36f.jpg

but it still 'defaults' to treating those celtic nations as GB for residency 

Yeah, I reckon they just left that in as a consequence of the semi-random referendums and never noticed/cared because it's hard-coded to never actually happen now. Did those events only happen in a beta version of the game? I also remember seeing official-looking screenshots of Ireland uniting (??) but that might have been a testing environment... anyway I doubt it's supported by SI in any way but a cool find for editing projects.

As for GB at the Olympics, that's only if England host again, but it would be interesting to see with your changes if they continue to call up Scottish and Welsh players anyway. If you ran a custom Olympics file that changed it to U21 instead of U23, I believe it would just use England instead of GB, but I could be wrong (might be England 'B' that defaults to GB instead of U23 now)

10 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Yeah, I reckon they just left that in as a consequence of the semi-random referendums and never noticed/cared because it's hard-coded to never actually happen now. Did those events only happen in a beta version of the game? I also remember seeing official-looking screenshots of Ireland uniting (??) but that might have been a testing environment... anyway I doubt it's supported by SI in any way but a cool find for editing projects.

As for GB at the Olympics, that's only if England host again, but it would be interesting to see with your changes if they continue to call up Scottish and Welsh players anyway. If you ran a custom Olympics file that changed it to U21 instead of U23, I believe it would just use England instead of GB, but I could be wrong (might be England 'B' that defaults to GB instead of U23 now)

Ireland uniting? :eek:

Changing regions could be a partial resolution, but it will muck up your newgen names in Scotland and Northern ireland, as it would start picking names from that region (issue I found when working on the Soviet Union).

8 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

Ireland uniting? :eek:

Changing regions could be a partial resolution, but it will muck up your newgen names in Scotland and Northern ireland, as it would start picking names from that region (issue I found when working on the Soviet Union).

https://www.balls.ie/football/football-manager-united-ireland-349433

I swear I've seen screenshots of it somewhere but can't find them now, I don't think a game was ever released with that option though. Even the Wales, Scotland stuff - was that just in a beta?

I wonder if the Bri'ish countries might be able to handle moving "regions" and still have a durable nameset, they might be hard-coded in ways that others aren't

Just now, Roy Race 9 said:

some good points there @themodelcitizen @Wolf_pd:thup:

interesting that the actual only country left in UK/GB is England and it doesnt show The united kingdom of GB for residency:D

693a2ed1b535d22174b0ad43cc5ef733.jpg

Wow, OK so if the Olympic team wasn't an issue, that would work even better for the "Celtic Britain" union-thing (maybe with a flag like this) for a customs union/common labour market. Shame you can't get Ireland to "join" (maybe I can unite Ireland again this year but do it with the N.I. unique ID this time :eek:)

Maybe sim overnight and see if England hosts the Olympics down the years and what happens

I wonder what the text would say if you reverse Brexit for England too. I.e. UK still stays together but all stay with EU? Would England have the "days in nationality" for UK in that case?

I wonder if you're fine for the Olympics anyway - is the nationality under "United Kingdom" while the Olympic team is under "Great Britain"?

4 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Wow, OK so if the Olympic team wasn't an issue, that would work even better for the "Celtic Britain" union-thing (maybe with a flag like this) for a customs union/common labour market. Shame you can't get Ireland to "join" (maybe I can unite Ireland again this year but do it with the N.I. unique ID this time :eek:)

Maybe sim overnight and see if England hosts the Olympics down the years and what happens

I have a united Ireland file, but I used the republic [as per my home nations comp file-Wales/Scotland Eng B Ireland;)]

will try some tests see what happens 

Edited by Roy Race 9

Yeah I did that in FM22 as the Republic is a more natural home for a united Ireland. But if NI was leaving GB anyway, then you get the benefit of less changes being needed (I think there's less people in the game based in the Republic than NI) and also that they'd be a part of this new common labour market (too bad we can't add Cornwall and Brittany for a proper Celtic League :D)

1 hour ago, themodelcitizen said:

Yeah I did that in FM22 as the Republic is a more natural home for a united Ireland. But if NI was leaving GB anyway, then you get the benefit of less changes being needed (I think there's less people in the game based in the Republic than NI) and also that they'd be a part of this new common labour market (too bad we can't add Cornwall and Brittany for a proper Celtic League :D)

even though the change in name is recognised [you have to do this in lnc files] and the flag has been changed in graphic folder

to a celtic trinity knot the union jack still shows[cache cleared and skin reloaded ]

fb4d42d026c19a46902c963b0fa035f9.jpg

Edited by Roy Race 9

I think the unique ID is 219003? It's UK, not Great Britain... does that only come up after you make the changes? I was trying to run a test as well but in the default game they just have "days" in Scotland, England etc? Does it have to be a foreigner who's played in more than one for that to show up?

@Roy Race 9 Just occurring to me now as well, you know how the "non-EU players" roster rule is broken because it also excludes domestic players (hence my elaborate workarounds in San Marino and Qatar). Is that also an issue in any of the UK leagues (or your new Celtic Nations)? Every British player has that "UK" (or possibly "GB") nationality in the background, so I wonder if you could just add that UK/GB nationality (which you may have modded to the Celtic Nations pact) to the EU itself

4 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

@Roy Race 9 Just occurring to me now as well, you know how the "non-EU players" roster rule is broken because it also excludes domestic players (hence my elaborate workarounds in San Marino and Qatar). Is that also an issue in any of the UK leagues (or your new Celtic Nations)? Every British player has that "UK" (or possibly "GB") nationality in the background, so I wonder if you could just add that UK/GB nationality (which you may have modded to the Celtic Nations pact) to the EU itself

yes you are right mate that is exactly what I have done:D

hoping that "non-EU players" gets fixed for FM24