FM24 Feature Blog: Set Pieces Refresh and Coaches Debut

1 hour ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

You're responding directly to one of the game's coders, have a modicum of respect, eh?

I didn't mean to be disrespectful but with respect we have seen SI make numerous claims over the years only to see them not implemented correctly. 

3 hours ago, Jack Joyce said:

Yes the AI will play to their preferences, and also react to the strengths of their squad and the weaknesses of opponents as well.

Is there a priority system in place for this? As in, if the AI manager has one set of preferences, and the set piece coach has a second set (either slightly, or extremely) whose preferences will it prioritise? And on a similar note, will youth teams follow my instructions? Or the instructions of the U21/U18 manager or allocated SP coach?

The addition of any new routines will trigger a pop up that allows you to indicate the frequency with which you use each one in matches, giving you another tool to optimise your attacking threats.

@Jack Joyce - How does the frequency work?

Is there still a limit a 3 routines per scenario i.e. Attacking Corner, Defensive Free Kick etc. 

…. so a % allocation for each routine or something similar?

• SI Staff
16 hours ago, gunner86 said:

Is there a priority system in place for this? As in, if the AI manager has one set of preferences, and the set piece coach has a second set (either slightly, or extremely) whose preferences will it prioritise? And on a similar note, will youth teams follow my instructions? Or the instructions of the U21/U18 manager or allocated SP coach?

All managers now have an attribute along the lines of "like to delegate set pieces" which tells the game who should be in charge. However by default we assume that if there is a set piece coach at the club, then they're in charge. If there's no set piece coach then either the manager drives it, or they delegate to the most suitable staff member either set in data or based on their attributes.

This also helps drive how much AI teams are likely to push the board to hire a set piece coach, and the board gradually get more and more open to the idea over the course of the next 5 years, so in the gameworld set piece coaches gradually get more popular.

Youth teams will not follow your set piece instructions, based on our talks with set piece coaches they don't do routines for the youth team, just the senior team. Your U21/18 manager will handle it.

2 hours ago, Fritz13 said:

The addition of any new routines will trigger a pop up that allows you to indicate the frequency with which you use each one in matches, giving you another tool to optimise your attacking threats.

@Jack Joyce - How does the frequency work?

Is there still a limit a 3 routines per scenario i.e. Attacking Corner, Defensive Free Kick etc. 

…. so a % allocation for each routine or something similar?

You'll have to wait and see on this one :) 

3 minutes ago, Jack Joyce said:

All managers now have an attribute along the lines of "like to delegate set pieces" which tells the game who should be in charge. However by default we assume that if there is a set piece coach at the club, then they're in charge. If there's no set piece coach then either the manager drives it, or they delegate to the most suitable staff member either set in data or based on their attributes.

This also helps drive how much AI teams are likely to push the board to hire a set piece coach, and the board gradually get more and more open to the idea over the course of the next 5 years, so in the gameworld set piece coaches gradually get more popular.

Youth teams will not follow your set piece instructions, based on our talks with set piece coaches they don't do routines for the youth team, just the senior team. Your U21/18 manager will handle it.

Thanks, that’s really insightful. Really looking forward to trying this out now.

I'm also really intrigued about them becoming more popular in game. Stuff like this has really been missing IMO

Edited by gunner86

• Jimmy Wong unfeatured and unpinned this topic
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi,

I ask as I have not played a match yet on FM24!

Presumably the set pieces will not automatically change in game if you were to go from Positive to Ultra Defensive in the last 5 of a cup final for example. Would I need to manually amend the routines in game or have more defensive routines (no one staying forward etc.) and change to these manaully?

Hopefully as before any changes you make during a game will not overwrite the original routines so back to normal for next match etc.

?

Cheers 

Question: In Pre-Game Editor you can see the weighting of attributes for each staff role. Set Piece Coach has weighting:

- Set Pieces 4.000
- Tactical 2.000
- Technical 1.000
- Working with Youngsters 1.000
- Determination 2.000
- Motivating 2.000
- People Management 1.000

Why does not have weighting for Tactical Knowledge?

HI! 

How can I save multiple set pieces for different tactics (for example main tactic, attacking tactic, defensive tactic) ?

If I create routines for a tactic and save all routines with a name, then I create other routines for a different tactic and save all  routines with a different name, the second save seems to override the first one.

Thanks !