Editing CONCACAF and dates

themodelcitizen

@rusty217 @Roy Race 9 anyone dealt with the vagaries of editing the CONCACAF Champions League? I don't quite get the dates, I guess because the season update day is in June, but the Spring dates are set to 2001 in each version even though by all rights they should be 2000? (edit: they have a year offset, that's why)

I'm very close to having an accurate CONCACAF format for 2024 onwards but I think this is why it's stumping me, now I'm getting an error that it can only find 1 or 2 teams instead of the 27 I've got in enough instructions for in "teams" (edit: link removed)

The error always happens in June 2023 even if my new format (2024 onward) has a season update day and/or setup date later, like December 2023 or January 2024 (have tried both 2000 and 2001). Makes me think it has something to do with the turnover after the (default) 2023 version and trying to set up the rules for the new one.

The dates look weird but they mirror the default versions of both 2023 and 2024 (you can see the default 2024 version here: cl rules.fmf) and I've tried different years (2000 and 2001), different setup dates/season update days and getting rid of either or both, etc, and the same issue comes up. Massive kudos to anyone who can help, this would sort out the broken CONCACAF once and for all (for FM23 at least)...

Edited by themodelcitizen

I have had my share of issues with my Iron Curtain version in FM22. Most issues were with either 1 or 2 teams difference though, not 25-26.

I am happy if the FM24 version will be stable for a while and doesn't throw up (too much) issues.

A lot of the those types of issues on here are people just getting a team qualifying twice (like, as last winner and also as a continental entry) and not accounting for it. This one is odd, I thought it was something with one of those "maximum teams in list"-type entries but clearing all of those doesn't help.

I wonder if it's trying to start the CCL stage when the Mexican season finishes in June. May be overthinking it and it's just the season update day.

It's a shame as we're now a couple of clicks away from fixing the lazy, broken CONCACAF structure, all the hard work is done, just gotta sort out these date issues (guessing that's what's causing it)