[FM23.4] CONCACAF Club Fix + MLS/MX in Libertadores

THIS IS FOR FM23
FM24 has mostly fixed CONCACAF, I'll work on expanding it to tournaments like the Caribbean Club Shield after more official patches

Carrying on from this thread, but this probably deserves its own. I think I've fixed CONCACAF's continental tournament, SI had been persisting with a format that was announced in 2022 but cancelled and never actually played. They didn't update it in any of the patches since the change, though, meaning MLS teams still had to wait until the next fall to play a (non-existent) group stage before knockouts the following spring.

CONCACAF CLUB FIX (backup)
(Libertadores file is below)

Compatible with:
Club World Cup fix | Russian teams in ACL | Wellington Phoenix in O-League

Could use a bit more testing but the qualifiers look right each year:

Spoiler

cclseeds.thumb.png.d7086800a8590f9e3705ca01f60089a0.pngcaribshield.thumb.png.9d3c43a55134c721da2840d35a5b813f.pngcaribcup.thumb.png.10aad2e7acbbcc623a0806f8590d9d99.pngcaribroute.thumb.png.1aacb9bbf65aa475a0a18161ac17e0c0.pngcopacentro.thumb.png.c93fc491ea344ca723a42f00380e4b8b.pngligueantilles.thumb.png.1e369cad59d68544ba22ff3c974129ff.png

Next step is to combine this with my Copa Libertadores file so the last 16 in CONCACAF go into the Libertadores group stage.

TMC MEGAPACK

Edited by themodelcitizen

CONCACAF teams in the Copa Libertadores has been rumoured a couple of times recently, but looks unlikely. This imagines if it went ahead in 2024, with the CCL last 16 joining an expanded Libertadores group stage.

DOWNLOAD
Mirror: 1 | 2 | 3 (en español)
2024 version

Use only this OR the CONCACAF club redux for FM23!

The CCL last 16 isn't played and the champion is crowned using results from the Libertadores groups instead:

Spoiler

copalib.thumb.png.1a43b95d5440df0816a85059b1cb0024.pngcopalib2.thumb.png.17fb6ad9a56f0a4a931f3151a8675e06.png

Let me know if you spot anything off. Top 4 runners-up go through, and remaining 8 runners-up drop down to the Copa Sudamericana.

Use this OR my CONCACAF club fix. Otherwise, this will be compatible with my various continental files, although I'd pick one from this or my Copa Interamericana, which does essentially the same thing on a much smaller scale (and seems to be the IRL compromise for now).

I'd also recommend using my Club World Cup file as the default one might have trouble accounting for North American teams winning both continental tournaments.

NOW I can be done :lol:

• themodelcitizen changed the title to [FM23.4] CONCACAF Club Fix + MLS/MX in Libertadores

@themodelcitizen TMC, could you do another check of the Canadian teams qualifying from CanPL to Concacaf Champions Cup? In my latest simulation, The Winner of the Canadian Championship qualifies and the winner of the CanPL does too. The nr 2 however doesn't.
This was in a simulation with a lot of other editor files. Will start another simulation with only your files running

21 minutes ago, themodelcitizen said:

CanPL regular season winner gets the other spot. If the same team wins both it should be the cup final runner-up. If either of those teams has also won the CanChamp then it might get confused and bring in a spare mexican or US team

Aha. So  the three spots are divided as follows:

Spot 1: winner of CanChamp
Spot 2: winner of CanPL regular season
Spot 3: winner of CanPL play-offs

With Cup final you mean CanChamp? or something else. I am a bit confused now.

I was a few days without playing FM, and I come back and see this, very good, too bad it came at the end of 23, but if SI does not correct it in 24 it can be a great base to try in the next game, what an incredible job thank you very much your work is fantastic, this was one of the things I wanted most in the game the correct concacaf, because SI has not corrected this for years, too bad I don't find files for leagues in central america to be more complete, but great job thank you very much @themodelcitizen

4 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Yeah you got it, by cup final I meant playoffs. Same qualifying structure as real life. They haven't clarified what would happen if someone double-qualified so I'm using my best guesses

What is the order of importance of the 3 slots?

is it 1. CanPL play-offs // 2. CanPL regular // 3. CanChamp?

I made an Excel table to see what happens and let ChatGPT check it afterwards.
If the same team wins all three competitions and in all three cases the same team finishes second, then there is a problem. In that case, FM could choose the number three from the regular season, instead of a random team from the MLS or Liga MX

If the same team wins all three competitions and there are two different runners-up (runner-up A with 1 final and runner-up B with 2 finals) then it is only a problem if team A took part in the highest-rated competition. That ticket already went to the winner and in the other 2 tournaments there is again the same runner-up. In that case, FM should know that he can also choose the runner-up of the higher-rated tournament.

Would it be an option to tell the game to look to both less important and more important tournaments to choose the replacement teeam and when in doubt choose regular season team number 3?

Edited by Jorgen

3 hours ago, WatsonFM said:

I was a few days without playing FM, and I come back and see this, very good, too bad it came at the end of 23, but if SI does not correct it in 24 it can be a great base to try in the next game, what an incredible job thank you very much your work is fantastic, this was one of the things I wanted most in the game the correct concacaf, because SI has not corrected this for years, too bad I don't find files for leagues in central america to be more complete, but great job thank you very much @themodelcitizen

Cheers, I wasn't going to touch CONCACAF this year but someone had to and honestly it took me all year editing to build up the know-how and patience to do this properly 

2 hours ago, Jorgen said:

What is the order of importance of the 3 slots?

is it 1. CanPL play-offs // 2. CanPL regular // 3. CanChamp?

With some help of Excel and ChatGPT and the rest from my head:

I can explore ways to get a third place team if there's a conflict, but I covered everything else in my last post. It's not a random MLS/MX team, just the next one down the table. You may be better served actually looking at the editor data and reading my prior responses instead of posting AI-generated questions :lol:

45 minutes ago, themodelcitizen said:

Cheers, I wasn't going to touch CONCACAF this year but someone had to and honestly it took me all year editing to build up the know-how and patience to do this properly 

I can explore ways to get a third place team if there's a conflict, but I covered everything else in my last post. It's not a random MLS/MX team, just the next one down the table. You may be better served actually looking at the editor data and reading my prior responses instead of posting AI-generated questions :lol:

? You didn't understand what I meant. I made an Excel table myself and only used ChatGPT to double check my findings.
The questions/suggestons were my own 😉😂

I thought I've read everything but might've missed/forget the part where you wrote about the "next team down the table". 

Edited by Jorgen

Cheers @Jorgen for raising a good point, apologies for my sleep-deprived a$$ not quite understanding the question. I'm changing it now so that if the same two CanPL teams occupy all the relevant spots (CanChamp winner, CanPL reg season winner, and CanPL playoff winner [with runner-up as backup]), then the third spot will fall to whoever's next in the regular season table

4 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Cheers @Jorgen for raising a good point, apologies for my sleep-deprived a$$ not quite understanding the question. I'm changing it now so that if the same two CanPL teams occupy all the relevant spots (CanChamp winner, CanPL reg season winner, and CanPL playoff winner [with runner-up as backup]), then the third spot will fall to whoever's next in the regular season table

Thanks and no worries. Because of the enormous difference in our time zones, real time conversation is always in the middle of the night for one of us. 

Yeah, I thought long about who should get the continental ticket when (almost) all slots are occupied by the same two (or three) teams. Seems like the only 3rd place we can be sure about (without editing those competitions) was the 3rd place in CanPL regular season 

I am looking forward to playing with this file 😊👍🏻

I think it's fine but definitely let me know if you spot something off. My competition names file renames the Viareggio to the Coppa Carnevale or something like that, but otherwise I haven't touched it. I could see it being an issue if it's coded as being an Italian tournament and you're using an Italian file that doesn't account for it (or maybe the mod maker for the Italian DB you're using loaded it under their nation rules instead of club continental rules, so it might show up under "Italy" instead of "World")

10 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

I think it's fine but definitely let me know if you spot something off. My competition names file renames the Viareggio to the Coppa Carnevale or something like that, but otherwise I haven't touched it. I could see it being an issue if it's coded as being an Italian tournament and you're using an Italian file that doesn't account for it (or maybe the mod maker for the Italian DB you're using loaded it under their nation rules instead of club continental rules, so it might show up under "Italy" instead of "World")

I saw it was already mentioned in the FM22 bug forum and I mentioned it in the FM23 bug forum too. It has something to do with the Italian leagues. If a mod maker edits those, the Viareggio won't start. It is in the game though and with the same name, but teams never qualify and matches won't be created. If you don't load those specific Italian files everything works as should.

I hope I can start my new long term save this afternoon/evening 😊 Thanks for all your hard work TMC! I saw you made a new O-League too!

Edited by Jorgen

Fixing a glitch where if a CONCACAF team won the Libertadores, and then also qualified for the next one via the CONCACAF first round, the tournament wouldn't draw the following season

EDIT: Should we do something about the Leagues Cup? So many games and it feels unnecessary for teams in the Libertadores who are already playing Latin American opposition. Maybe I'll try and restrict it to teams not active in the Libertadores groups, been meaning to fix the hosting issue anyway

Still trying to get the Leagues Cup fixed, i.e. all MLS vs. MX games are always hosted by the MLS team, and the occasional inter-MX games in the knockouts will be in US-based stadia. Just can't get the groups to use the hidden stages the way I want so far.

Given it's played as a one-off in the summer, it's not incompatible with Libertadores knockout round participation, just delays the second round by a week or two (it has time to catch up)

Should we rename the Sudamericana/Recopa Sudamericana in that file? Copa Panamericana since CONCACAF teams can come into the second round now? :lol: Canadian teams playing in the "Liberators Cup" already feels so wrong

Thank you!! There's so much about it that just works. The schedules fall into line already. The fact that the best 4 runners-up advance, leaving 8 runners-up, and this perfectly matches the old 8 third place teams that dropped to Copa Sudamericana. The fact that Inter Miami (Leagues Cup winner) would qualify for 2024 in my file, which was one of the rumoured invitees for obvious reasons.

Right now, if a CONCACAF team wins, it opens up another spot (the game must automatically assign an extra spot to Brazil if, say, Flamengo win) and won't draw if it's not filled. So, I have that being occupied by the Campeones Cup winner (if they haven't already qualified), or the best loser in the CONCACAF qualifying round (only in years following a CONCACAF victory). This extra CONCACAF team doesn't appear in the CCL last 16 league stage in those years, I might make it 17 teams in those years (kinda like it now though)

EDIT: Just realized you may have been talking about the CONCACAF fix and not the Copa Libertadores but the above still stands, anyone playing the Libertadores file may have noticed the extra team in those years

3 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Thank you!! There's so much about it that just works. The schedules fall into line already. The fact that the best 4 runners-up advance, leaving 8 runners-up, and this perfectly matches the old 8 third place teams that dropped to Copa Sudamericana. The fact that Inter Miami (Leagues Cup winner) would qualify for 2024 in my file, which was one of the rumoured invitees for obvious reasons.

Right now, if a CONCACAF team wins, it opens up another spot (the game must automatically assign an extra spot to Brazil if, say, Flamengo win) and won't draw if it's not filled. So, I have that being occupied by the Campeones Cup winner (if they haven't already qualified), or the best loser in the CONCACAF qualifying round (only in years following a CONCACAF victory). This extra CONCACAF team doesn't appear in the CCL last 16 league stage in those years, I might make it 17 teams in those years (kinda like it now though)

EDIT: Just realized you may have been talking about the CONCACAF fix and not the Copa Libertadores but the above still stands, anyone playing the Libertadores file may have noticed the extra team in those years

You are an editing-wizard! Great job again.

Cheers. I'm going to settle in to some career-type saves at this point so will hopefully contribute to the stories/challenges section with my DBs a bit more going forward, anyone else is welcome to do the same! This thread works too. Nice to see if people are getting through multiple seasons with this stuff.

If I don't get FM24 right out the gate then I encourage anyone willing to open up both editors and just copy all of my structures change-for-change, I can answer any questions that arise. Mind you, I doubt anyone's willing to do that, which shows the amount of work involved in properly moving everything over :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Nice! Is the Caribbean Club Shield working in the converted save? Sounds like it's struggling with one of the entries, possibly the host team or the club from St. Barts or Saint Pierre. Or maybe one of the leagues I'm pulling teams from went extinct and is no longer the active top division somewhere. Will need to review in the new editor

• 2 weeks later...
En 8/11/2023 a las 2:48, themodelcitizen dijo:

Nice! Is the Caribbean Club Shield working in the converted save? Sounds like it's struggling with one of the entries, possibly the host team or the club from St. Barts or Saint Pierre. Or maybe one of the leagues I'm pulling teams from went extinct and is no longer the active top division somewhere. Will need to review in the new editor

I tried to adapt the CONCACAF file to FM24 the problem In the Caribbean Shield Cup, it appears in the US Virgin Islands league, in FM24 the assigned league is different and does not add the teams, if you add the two subdivisions of the league it works, but Other errors appear with the destination of clubs to the Caribbean Cup. Possibly this is because this file duplicates the Caribbean Cup with another ID than the one that appears in the FM23 file.

Pretty sure it's the same ID for all the relevant tournaments. But for the Caribbean Shield (the bigger tournament for smaller nations), it sounds like it's not getting all 32 teams because of how the USVI team is selected (they have a couple of top divisions so I think I made it random from the two winners - they probably moved the teams out of those divisions or something). Then because that's not drawing, it's not producing the 2 qualifiers for the Caribbean Cup. Anyway I wouldn't use the CONCACAF redux file in FM24, it has some huge changes to fix the entirely broken CONCACAF system in FM23. This year they actually fixed a bunch of that (not all) so a lot of my changes from FM23 would just confuse it