Keeper dilemma [FM22]

ScotchWhisky

After 10 years with Flekkerøy Fotball, I finally achieved promotion to the Premier division.  I've had a rock solid keeper, Richard Dønnum, for the past five years who has a year left on his contract.  He is now 29.  However, in the prior season, I was able to sign another top keeper, Kristoffer Drage, as his contract was expiring, so he joined after the season ended.  They both have pros and cons, but before I say much more, here is their individual profiles, as while as direct attribute comparison:

image.thumb.png.8a784aa10c01323b165166b29164ffb8.png

image.thumb.png.bae3dafa3de9372c7a3ac7e3595b772d.png

image.thumb.png.ed13051fa0743533762d83c2937b366e.png

I wouldn't worry too much about Dønnum's injury.  It's the only one he's ever had with me and it's a fractured finger, which is only a few weeks before returning to full health.  When it comes to Drage, I really like the handling, reflexes, and lack of punching, while being more likely to rush out.  However, his positioning and teamwork isn't great.  And while he is willing to rush out, he is pretty slow.  His kicking also stinks.

Since I have him locked in for five years, one thought is to send him out on loan for a season...  I have a Norwegian third division team as a junior affiliate, although it's probably be much wiser to send him to a much higher level team.  The other option is to simply start him and bench Dønnum.  He may get upset and is a team leader, though I've never had a major mutiny yet. 

One other point is that both of these players are on part-time contracts and I was just made professional.  Would it be wise to renegotiate Drage's contract immediately as I believe that would impact training and development, no?

Oh, and yet one other point is that I also have a very good prospect and supposedly my youth intake is bringing in another A keeper, though trials haven't occurred yet, so not sure who he is.  I'll probably send this prospect to my junior affiliate... or is it better to leave him in my U19 team?
image.thumb.png.b314ebdd92144e5747355f7b9c528c16.png

What would you all do?  Thanks in advance!

Edited by ScotchWhisky

Barring some terrible hidden attributes (i.e. consistency, big matches, injury proneness) I definitely prefer Drage, he has good attributes in the right places, better personality and at 21 should have room for solid improvement. Donnum also not the most desirable team leader with his balanced personality so I'd just sell him and start Drage :D

1 hour ago, kandersson said:

Barring some terrible hidden attributes (i.e. consistency, big matches, injury proneness) I definitely prefer Drage, he has good attributes in the right places, better personality and at 21 should have room for solid improvement. Donnum also not the most desirable team leader with his balanced personality so I'd just sell him and start Drage :D

Thanks!  Ya know, I've never dug into the personality traits and now that you mention it and I finally looked them up, you are right.  That looks like the second best personality trait a player can have.  Since he is slow, I will only play him as a keeper and not a sweeper keeper.  It would make sense in that case to sell Dønnum then.  Cash out on that massive (for my team) player value before his contract runs out.  Then use the 16 year old should an emergency injury occur. 

So, would you renegotiate Drage's contract to full time?  I don't know how much full time matters for development compared to part time.  Honesty, if I get relegated, my team is going broke as I've been spending like a fish on new staff and what not since becoming professional.  I don't even know how finances are going to shake out yet as I have no idea what TV contracts will be, and won't for another couple months.

@ScotchWhisky Yeah if possible I'd sign your best players to full time contracts esp if they're young, this should boost both their development and their market value. At the very least even if you get relegated you can make some profit by selling those players :D