New Club Ambition - "Expects signings from clubs based in X continent"

BeeInExile

Currently it is possible to set certain clubs to have the ambition to sign players from certain countries as part of their club culture. However, some clubs have a more generalised culture of signing players from a specific continent, but it is not possible to represent this with the current Ambitions system. Clubs such as RB Leipzig and Liefering, FC Nordsjælland, and MFK Vyškov all sign notable numbers of African players, usually directly from African clubs. However, this is not represented in the game. As far as I can tell, this is quite significant to the development of African footballers over time. In real life, players from African countries will often go to from their African league to these clubs, before moving on from there to bigger clubs subsequently. The fact that these clubs do not operate in this way, as a stepping stone into Europe for high potential African-born players, means that many high-potential players remain in Africa in their local leagues and do not reach their full potential.

I would suggest therefore that there is a new Ambition: "Sign players based in X continent". I use this phasing advisedly, because the aim would be that the clubs above would sign e.g. Malian players from clubs in Mali, not just Malian players from somewhere else in Europe or wherever. Hopefully this would not just be a sort of paper Ambition - these clubs would actually then go out and scout African clubs to find their best prospects and sign them.

As an aside, these clubs usually sign younger players from Africa - not 30 year olds, and they sign for potential, not ability. I don't know how this could best be enacted in the game's code. The last thing I want is for Vyškov to sign a bunch of 27 year old Egyptians because their CA is suitable for their first team.

• 5 months later...