FM24 Feature Blog: Quality of Life Upgrades - Part Two

Cool, but why would you sort the list of players according to their firstname?

Because by the surname is what everybody refers to players as.

People refer to Kevin De Bruyne as 'De Bruyne'.

They don't refer to him as 'Kevin'

Screenshot 2023-10-16 at 19.07.26.png

14 hours ago, rusty217 said:

A little concerned that Asian club competitions weren't mentioned in the Competition Rules section. Really looking forward to the new competitions and hope they make FM, especially since they start next year!

I just hope, that doesn't make it extra hard to edit those competitions, if some of us dislike the format (looking at you Champions League).

1 hour ago, grade said:

I just hope, that doesn't make it extra hard to edit those competitions, if some of us dislike the format (looking at you Champions League).

I believe editing Asian competitions has been broken for the last 2 years anyway due to the previous format changes? I just remember the last time I tried editing it the qualification system reverted back to the 32 team group stage rather than the current 40 team one creating a whole host of issues. Not to mention the transition issues with the expansion and then the date change. All I wanted to do was remove the East/West split from the knockout stages and I haven't been able to do that since FM20.

I found the European one to be very difficult the last couple years due to the transition to the new format too. Hopefully that will be easier now that the new qualification system is in effect from the 1st season.