FM24: Manchester United - Same old problems?

sedge11

13 hours ago, ThanatosAFC said:

How long do you guys hold on to Scottie? Napoli offering £25 million but i feel i might get more for him later.

I keep him & Maguire (providing you can reduce Maguires wages) for as long as possible. They're both decent back up options who dont kick up a fuss about playing time etc

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

50 minutes ago, Swaban said:

I keep him & Maguire (providing you can reduce Maguires wages) for as long as possible. They're both decent back up options who dont kick up a fuss about playing time etc

Problem is he is the 7th choice as i don't have a role for him. West Ham came in on deadline day with an offer of £32 million (£25 million in hand and £7 million in add ons). Hard to pass by.

27 minutes ago, ThanatosAFC said:

Problem is he is the 7th choice as i don't have a role for him. West Ham came in on deadline day with an offer of £32 million (£25 million in hand and £7 million in add ons). Hard to pass by.

I certainly wouldn't keep anyone as 7th choice haha! I like to have 2 players per position & then call up youth as/when needed in the case of a long term injury etc

3 hours ago, Swaban said:

I certainly wouldn't keep anyone as 7th choice haha! I like to have 2 players per position & then call up youth as/when needed in the case of a long term injury etc

Right, my idea too! With Scottie gone  i have 6 midfielders so double covered. Also got Chris Rigg and Assan for the future.

Anyone been able to sell Maguire? i gave him the 1 year clause as i wanted to sell him instead of a free but no one seems to want him because of his wages

Re McTominay - I bought him as Arsenal winter season 1 loan with £15m obligation - play him as CM (A) behind Odegaard and ahead of Rice - expected him to be a useful game state sub. He scored 15 in 15 in that role Feb onwards (including the winner in a MOTM Champions League performance) and so far is 9 in 9 in 24/25.

Requires the rest of the team to be good enough to live with being average in the ball, but stupidly effective in that role.

On 01/06/2024 at 11:54, kilik said:

Anyone been able to sell Maguire? i gave him the 1 year clause as i wanted to sell him instead of a free but no one seems to want him because of his wages

Newcastle offloaded him for me.

On 25/01/2024 at 22:44, BigV said:

Anyone got any good recommendations for a backup striker or rotation one? Someone who will actually be rotation too, can be someone young but Hojlund will be my main striker going forward. 

Martial doesn't cut it at all

Zirkzee accepts being a backup but he has been amazing for me while Hojlund was recovering + he is cheap and did a hattrick against City in the Community Shield.

6 hours ago, BigV said:

Onana lonh ball to zirkzee, beautiful, zirkzee having the game of his life, gonna go for it!

He just won't stop! First two games of the season...

Wolves.jpg

Palace.jpg

Just wondering how everyone is managing around United's finances?

From the big earners, only Rashford, Bruno, Shaw and Mount remain. I can't sell Rashford, because only Arsenal are willing to bid for him.

Maguire and Lindelof are still at the club, but their earnings are 100k now, as I got them on smaller wages. I like keeping them around as neither is bothered about their play time, and it's just good depth.

I did bring in Reece James on 200k a week, and Diogo Costa on 150k, but I'm around 5th highest paid wages in the league, which is not bad for a club of this size.

Into my third season, comfortably ahead to win the league for the first time, and I've been given a 30m budget to work with and around 150k wages available.

Palace are 90% going down in my save, so Olise's 41m release clause is a no-brainer, especially since neither Rashford and Garnacho are creative wingers.

On top of that, Garnacho, Hojlund and Mainoo are looking for 250-300k wages with PSG sniffing around as well, so it's not looking rosy.

Osimhen is available on a free, but I'm not really keen on losing Hojlund.

It's creating quite a dilemma. 

image.thumb.png.d9dc03a7bbeb8e6a34feeebd8db057e6.png

It feels terribly unrealistic to get rid of every single high earner, and I'm never getting rid of Bruno. I'm still trying to keep up with British quotas, but also to keep an English contingent in the first XI.

7 hours ago, MatthewS17 said:

Just wondering how everyone is managing around United's finances?

From the big earners, only Rashford, Bruno, Shaw and Mount remain. I can't sell Rashford, because only Arsenal are willing to bid for him.

Maguire and Lindelof are still at the club, but their earnings are 100k now, as I got them on smaller wages. I like keeping them around as neither is bothered about their play time, and it's just good depth.

I did bring in Reece James on 200k a week, and Diogo Costa on 150k, but I'm around 5th highest paid wages in the league, which is not bad for a club of this size.

Into my third season, comfortably ahead to win the league for the first time, and I've been given a 30m budget to work with and around 150k wages available.

Palace are 90% going down in my save, so Olise's 41m release clause is a no-brainer, especially since neither Rashford and Garnacho are creative wingers.

On top of that, Garnacho, Hojlund and Mainoo are looking for 250-300k wages with PSG sniffing around as well, so it's not looking rosy.

Osimhen is available on a free, but I'm not really keen on losing Hojlund.

It's creating quite a dilemma. 

image.thumb.png.d9dc03a7bbeb8e6a34feeebd8db057e6.png

It feels terribly unrealistic to get rid of every single high earner, and I'm never getting rid of Bruno. I'm still trying to keep up with British quotas, but also to keep an English contingent in the first XI.

My projection is not rapidly dropping, but it is reducing debt and expenses, I will go from a negative 130 million balance to around 48,5 :)