FM24: Manchester United - Same old problems?

sedge11

13 hours ago, ThanatosAFC said:

How long do you guys hold on to Scottie? Napoli offering £25 million but i feel i might get more for him later.

I keep him & Maguire (providing you can reduce Maguires wages) for as long as possible. They're both decent back up options who dont kick up a fuss about playing time etc

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

50 minutes ago, Swaban said:

I keep him & Maguire (providing you can reduce Maguires wages) for as long as possible. They're both decent back up options who dont kick up a fuss about playing time etc

Problem is he is the 7th choice as i don't have a role for him. West Ham came in on deadline day with an offer of £32 million (£25 million in hand and £7 million in add ons). Hard to pass by.

27 minutes ago, ThanatosAFC said:

Problem is he is the 7th choice as i don't have a role for him. West Ham came in on deadline day with an offer of £32 million (£25 million in hand and £7 million in add ons). Hard to pass by.

I certainly wouldn't keep anyone as 7th choice haha! I like to have 2 players per position & then call up youth as/when needed in the case of a long term injury etc

3 hours ago, Swaban said:

I certainly wouldn't keep anyone as 7th choice haha! I like to have 2 players per position & then call up youth as/when needed in the case of a long term injury etc

Right, my idea too! With Scottie gone  i have 6 midfielders so double covered. Also got Chris Rigg and Assan for the future.

Anyone been able to sell Maguire? i gave him the 1 year clause as i wanted to sell him instead of a free but no one seems to want him because of his wages

Re McTominay - I bought him as Arsenal winter season 1 loan with £15m obligation - play him as CM (A) behind Odegaard and ahead of Rice - expected him to be a useful game state sub. He scored 15 in 15 in that role Feb onwards (including the winner in a MOTM Champions League performance) and so far is 9 in 9 in 24/25.

Requires the rest of the team to be good enough to live with being average in the ball, but stupidly effective in that role.

On 01/06/2024 at 11:54, kilik said:

Anyone been able to sell Maguire? i gave him the 1 year clause as i wanted to sell him instead of a free but no one seems to want him because of his wages

Newcastle offloaded him for me.

On 25/01/2024 at 22:44, BigV said:

Anyone got any good recommendations for a backup striker or rotation one? Someone who will actually be rotation too, can be someone young but Hojlund will be my main striker going forward. 

Martial doesn't cut it at all

Zirkzee accepts being a backup but he has been amazing for me while Hojlund was recovering + he is cheap and did a hattrick against City in the Community Shield.

6 hours ago, BigV said:

Onana lonh ball to zirkzee, beautiful, zirkzee having the game of his life, gonna go for it!

He just won't stop! First two games of the season...

Wolves.jpg

Palace.jpg

Just wondering how everyone is managing around United's finances?

From the big earners, only Rashford, Bruno, Shaw and Mount remain. I can't sell Rashford, because only Arsenal are willing to bid for him.

Maguire and Lindelof are still at the club, but their earnings are 100k now, as I got them on smaller wages. I like keeping them around as neither is bothered about their play time, and it's just good depth.

I did bring in Reece James on 200k a week, and Diogo Costa on 150k, but I'm around 5th highest paid wages in the league, which is not bad for a club of this size.

Into my third season, comfortably ahead to win the league for the first time, and I've been given a 30m budget to work with and around 150k wages available.

Palace are 90% going down in my save, so Olise's 41m release clause is a no-brainer, especially since neither Rashford and Garnacho are creative wingers.

On top of that, Garnacho, Hojlund and Mainoo are looking for 250-300k wages with PSG sniffing around as well, so it's not looking rosy.

Osimhen is available on a free, but I'm not really keen on losing Hojlund.

It's creating quite a dilemma. 

image.thumb.png.d9dc03a7bbeb8e6a34feeebd8db057e6.png

It feels terribly unrealistic to get rid of every single high earner, and I'm never getting rid of Bruno. I'm still trying to keep up with British quotas, but also to keep an English contingent in the first XI.

7 hours ago, MatthewS17 said:

Just wondering how everyone is managing around United's finances?

From the big earners, only Rashford, Bruno, Shaw and Mount remain. I can't sell Rashford, because only Arsenal are willing to bid for him.

Maguire and Lindelof are still at the club, but their earnings are 100k now, as I got them on smaller wages. I like keeping them around as neither is bothered about their play time, and it's just good depth.

I did bring in Reece James on 200k a week, and Diogo Costa on 150k, but I'm around 5th highest paid wages in the league, which is not bad for a club of this size.

Into my third season, comfortably ahead to win the league for the first time, and I've been given a 30m budget to work with and around 150k wages available.

Palace are 90% going down in my save, so Olise's 41m release clause is a no-brainer, especially since neither Rashford and Garnacho are creative wingers.

On top of that, Garnacho, Hojlund and Mainoo are looking for 250-300k wages with PSG sniffing around as well, so it's not looking rosy.

Osimhen is available on a free, but I'm not really keen on losing Hojlund.

It's creating quite a dilemma. 

image.thumb.png.d9dc03a7bbeb8e6a34feeebd8db057e6.png

It feels terribly unrealistic to get rid of every single high earner, and I'm never getting rid of Bruno. I'm still trying to keep up with British quotas, but also to keep an English contingent in the first XI.

My projection is not rapidly dropping, but it is reducing debt and expenses, I will go from a negative 130 million balance to around 48,5 :)

• 1 month later...
On 21/07/2024 at 16:44, Chapman7 said:

Captain Bruno showing how to score and assist by only end of December! 

BrunoFernandes_Profile.thumb.png.e6afd9285b801fb7f85cd1b1130f9211.png

what role & formation is in he i can never get him to do that

8 hours ago, Matty89 said:

what role & formation is in he i can never get him to do that

4-3-3 amd Mezzela- support. possession focused.

I can't remember getting such numbers at this point but managed to get a 20+ goal/assist total in a season but not by New Year which was to my surpise

For my sins, I started a Manchester United save. I figured with their current on and off-field issues, it would be an interesting re-build job.

Fair to say that I struggled in the first season as the quality in the squad is severely lacking.

I’ll break down the season by competition.

Starting with the Premier League, we were Jekyll & Hyde all throughout the season. One minute, we looked like world-beaters and the next we looked like bottom-half material – which I guess is par the course with Manchester United lately. We finished with 65 points in 7th place thereby qualifying for the Europa Conference League which I have to say – I am disappointed with as I wanted at least Europa League qualification.

One of the biggest problems we faced was conceding goals, we conceded far too many for my liking with 48 come the end of the season. Scoring goals was also a challenge as we only netted 59 which is simply not good enough.

Our away form was definitely an issue as we only mustered seven wins on the road, mostly coming against sides I expect us to beat. We lost to all of the other “Big Six” clubs at Arsenal (2-0), Liverpool (5-2), Tottenham (3-1), Chelsea (1-0) and Manchester City (2-1) however in the reverse fixtures we won three, drew one and lost one.

The domestic season could easily be split into thirds, as up to December we won only four of our opening 14 games, drawing two and losing the other seven. Not good enough. Whereas between December and March we managed go go unbeaten throughout all of December and not losing until 30th January (10 games, winning nine and drawing one before said defeat). Then we had other inconsistent run between February up until the end of the season recording seven wins, five draws and three defeats in those games. Next season we will be aiming for more consistency and definitely shoring up our defence in big away games – personnel could help.

In the Champion’s League, we were handed a favourable draw in the group stages being pitted against Sparta Praha, Sevilla (who were relegated from La Liga!) and Red Star. We finished top comfortably with 13 points, winning four, drawing one whilst losing away at Red Star in a dead rubber. That saw us through to the last-16 in which we were drawn against Feyenoord – again I feel as though this was a kind draw. We scraped a 3-2 win in the first leg away from home, despite being 2-1 down until the 65th minute where Garnacho leveled before super-sub Scott McTominay scored the winner in the eighth minute of stoppage time (more on him later).

The second leg was a killer. We took an early lead through Varane but succumbed to two late goals from Feyenoord in the 76th and 84th minute which took the tie to extra-time before heading to penalties. I fancied our chances as we had a good selection of penalty takers on the field. Amrabat, Eriksen, Fernandes, Martinez, Martial and Mount all converted spot-kicks whilst Feyenoord converted all of theirs, and then up stepped midfield revelation Kobbie Mainoo who skied his effort over the bar before Feyenoord scored the next to win the tie and knock us out at the last-16 stage. Very disappointed.

Onto domestic competitions. Two trophies I thought we could have a good run at. We were drawn away against Tottenham in the Third round of the FA Cup and were duly dispatched 3-1. Not much to talk about here. The EFL Cup we beat Stockport 5-3 in the Third round before knocking out Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park thanks to a late Christian Eriksen goal. We met Arsenal in the quarter-final at the Emirates and ended up losing 1-0 in a close-fought game.

So there we have it, 7th in the league, last-16 of the Champion’s League, 3rd round of the FA Cup and quarter-finals of the EFL Cup. Overall, a very disappointing season. Whilst I was not expecting a lot, I was definitely expecting more in the cup competitions especially.

Now when it comes to player performances, we had a standout which was predictably Bruno Fernandes. Leading by example all season and only missing one league game through illness, he finished with 19 goals and 14 assists across 45 games which was by far our most productive outlet. Alejandro Garnacho had a stellar season playing on the right-wing with 8 goals and 10 assists from 41 starts. On the other wing, Marcus Rashford had a stinker, scoring only 6 and assisting 5 across 35 starts. I expect more. Kobbie Mainoo had an excellent season in midfield, ending with an average rating of 7.12 getting 2 goals and 5 assists as well. Rasmus Hojlund had a respectable first season in English football, leading the line well and netting 14 times in 40 appearances and bagging 4 assists. Next season I hope spreading the load up-front will help. Scott McTominay ended up being a hero on multiple occasions, often scoring off the bench in the final ten minutes to either earn a point or all three – he ended up with 9 goals in the league from only 5 starts and 20 sub appearences.

Now, the good stuff – transfer time. Of the first team squad, I was looking to offload several players to bring in some extra money for signings as well as trimming the wage bill. Almost everyone was considered for a possible sale aside from Onana, Martinez, Mainoo, Fernandes, Garnacho and Hojlund.

Our outgoings ended up looking like this:

Brandon Williams (Sporting CP – free)
Omari Forson (Nottingham Forest – free)
Raphael Varane (Al-Nassr – free)
Anthony Martial (Southampton – free)
Shola Shoretire (Blackburn Rovers – free)
Aaron Wan-Bissaka (Al-Ahli – £28m)
Victor Lindelof (Newcastle United – £20.5m)
Antony (Las Palmas – loan, £1.4m)
Casemiro (Al-Hilal – £43m)
Facundo Pellestri (Glasgow Rangers – loan, £1.9m)
Christian Eriksen (West Ham United – £7m)

I had already set some real-life moves via the editor before starting the game which also saw Fernandez, Greenwood and Van de Beek leave bringing our total income to 131m for the summer which I am very happy about.

That left a fair chunk of money in the transfer budget (again Zirkzee and Yoro were already agreed transfers). I felt like we needed depth at center-back including someone that could come straight into the team to partner Martinez. We aso needed a number six to partner Mainoo as well as depth at right-back and in midfield.

We started by bringing in Morten Hjulmand from Sporting CP for a fee eventually rising to £56m. Top player, works hard, brilliant in the tackle as well as having a decent passing range. I feel he will excel as our holding midfielder. With Casemiro and Eriksen leaving, I figured another midfielder would be required so I opted to activiate the £17m clause to sign Sofyan Amrabat on a permanent deal as he performed well as a squad player throughout season, no-brainer for me. In defence, we brought in Marc Guehi from Crystal Palace for a fee that could end up costing us £87m although I feel like he will prove value for money, he can partner Martinez for years and be a good mentor for Yoro (who will play a lot of cup games). I went through the market for right-back depth as I decided Diogo Dalot would be a starter for me, I ended up signing Nordi Mukiele from PSG on a season-long loan for £1.4m with an option to buy at the end of the season. I feel as though that will be unlikely as he is primarily a short-term option before I hope to bring in a younger option in January or the summer.

I thought my business was done, but Kobbie Mainoo decided to pick up a four-month injury on the first game of the season – which forced me into bringing in another midfielder. I opted for Danilo from Nottingham Forest for a fee rising to £43m. He is a solid option to be third choice midfielder as I am happy with him covering both playmaker and ball-winning roles in the midfield.

This leaves me with what I consider to be a much stronger squad than the previous season, our depth is:

GK: Andre Onana, Altay Bayandir, Tom Heaton
DR: Diogo Dalot, Nordi Mukiele
DL: Luke Shaw, Tyrell Malacia
DC: Marc Guehi, Lisandro Martinez, Lenny Yoro, Harry Maguire
DMC: Kobbie Mainoo, Morten Hjulmand, Danilo, Sofyan Amrabat
AMR/L: Amad Diallo, Jadon Sancho, Alejandro Garnacho, Marcus Rashford
AMC: Bruno Fernandes, Mason Mount, Scott McTominay
FC: Joshua Zirkzee, Rasmus Hojlund

We have started the season very well, 5 wins from our opening seven games but we did lose away to Tottenham (3-1 again!!).

• 1 month later...

So after playing as Manchester United in the beta i have not played as them since the full release has been out, that is about to change.

I downloaded a custom lower league database and took over my home town side Haywards Heath Town in the Southern Combination League Premier League with no expectation as to where i would end up.  After 18 seasons i am at Manchester United as they have won next to nothing so far.

This is my record as a manager:
image.thumb.png.e967466ee7fceedcaa4df56354fc6325.png

You might all notice the stint in charge of them but when i got offered the Liverpool job i had applied for the Manchester United job when Vincenzo Italiano took over and they refused the interview.
This is Manchester Uniteds manager history
image.thumb.png.c3b01511ae78c624858b0436762e002e.png

A few cup wins and that is it.

I have a lot of work to do now and have taken over in January and this will probably be the only season i do not win a trophy.

3 hours ago, molemenacer said:

So after playing as Manchester United in the beta i have not played as them since the full release has been out, that is about to change.

I downloaded a custom lower league database and took over my home town side Haywards Heath Town in the Southern Combination League Premier League with no expectation as to where i would end up.  After 18 seasons i am at Manchester United as they have won next to nothing so far.

This is my record as a manager:
image.thumb.png.e967466ee7fceedcaa4df56354fc6325.png

You might all notice the stint in charge of them but when i got offered the Liverpool job i had applied for the Manchester United job when Vincenzo Italiano took over and they refused the interview.
This is Manchester Uniteds manager history
image.thumb.png.c3b01511ae78c624858b0436762e002e.png

A few cup wins and that is it.

I have a lot of work to do now and have taken over in January and this will probably be the only season i do not win a trophy.

How badly have they done in the league?

what were the cup wins?

2 hours ago, sedge11 said:

How badly have they done in the league?

what were the cup wins?

image.thumb.png.fb41651cb86a589648d63bb9f0f12d04.png

One season with 84 points, lost to my Liverpool side on 89 that season and that is it in really.  Currently 7th as i take over now so lots to do as the squad is average at best.

ETH - 2 Carabao Cups
Diego Simeone - 1 Europa Conference League
Zinedine Zidane - 1 European/South American Club Challenge & Europa League
Matthias Dahm - 1 European/South American Club Challenge, Europa League & USFA Super Cup
Vincenzo Italiano - 1 FA Cup

Got to the Semi Final of the Champions League 1 time in 32/33 and lost to Real Madrid

When i was managing Liverpool they were buying some awful players for high fees on high wages.  Have had a look back over the years i managed Real and Bayern and it didn't get much better.

Facilities are also poor as are the finances.  Need money to be able to improve Training and Youth facilities and still at Old Trafford with the original capacity.

2 takeovers, promotions from within, but they are almost got bought out my a tycoon in April 2040 (a year ago in game)

This is the current squad ordered by age

image.thumb.png.9d51a591408478683c451da4780cfa6b.png

Having 8 players 30+ is something i never have in my teams, wages are not horrific, i don't like it when players on £300K+ so will have to evaluate them come the summer.

I have been in charge for about 3 hours and haven't moved on yet, we are in the Jan window so i need to see what i can do with some loans i think as i only have £23 mill to spend and that is not going to bring in the quality i need.

End of February and overall not too bad

image.thumb.png.ecbc074fd9af032a81a7f66a1c0b9fa1.png

Going forward we are really good, at the back with our best back 5 we are good, anyone missing and we start to struggle.

The 2 losses:
Fulham (A)
Disallowed goal followed by a goal straight from the restart for Fulham and then Jon Smith decided the best thing to do was to dive in 2 footed and get a straight red.  1-0 down at half time and we went 2-0 down on 57 minutes.  Went all out attack and should have scored and then got countered on 70 minutes to go 3-0 down.  We still had plenty of chances and probably should have got something out of the game.

Palace(A)
Hit the woodwork 3 times, made too many mistakes and didn't take our chances.

In February our goalkeeper decided he was not allowed to make a save, he got above 7 once in the game against Sunderland, all the others nothing above a 6.5.  Need an upgrade on him in the summer.

Overall happy with the start, finished top 8 in the CL group phase and through to the Quarter Final in the FA Cup.  we are 6 points out of the top 4 but battling with Arsenal for 5th, which would be a CL spot next season.

Goalkeeper and defence definitely need an upgrade in the summer not good enough at all.

Season 40/41 completed, my first 6 months in charge and unfortunately it was the same issue all through it.

Defence and Goalkeeper not good enough and kept making mistakes, also i found out too late that my number 1 goalkeeper has a does not like big matches trait and keeps messing up.

We finished 6th in the league
image.png.b7f968c5a2221ced4686b958c31329ab.png

We beat Blackburn 7-0 on the final day and Everton beat Leeds 2-0 on the final day, an extra goal for us or a Leeds goal sends us into the Champions League

image.thumb.png.5100b2911bef83e299eab006666633da.png

The game that probably cost us 5th place was the game at home against Manchester City, we were 4-2 up going into the last 10 minutes then they had 3 shots on target with a combined XG of 0.38 and scored all 3, that was when i checked Carl Sinnot's report closer and saw the trait.

Champions League we got to the Semi Final and lost to a Liverpool side still made up of my players from 8 years ago playing the same tactic i played there as well.  Marco Rose has done very well following on from me using my players and my tactic!!  The home game against Liverpool 

image.png.06b770c97564d8ad83fffc3ddd58294e.png

This has been an issue all 6 months for me so far, going forward we are great, defensively we suck.

Good news is we won the FA Cup, beating a League 1 Luton Town 6-0 in the final.

Now a very hard summer transfer window.  Looking at the goalkeeper and defenders this summer as i need a new starting back 5

Transfer window 2041 has been completed and I have completed a lot more deals than i expected to.  Not much happened before the 1st July as i wanted my players back from loan and the players i had on loan to go back.  Also 1st July means that all transfer windows are open, then the carnage began.

I haven't got time to write a full report today but will leave the round up here.

image.thumb.png.ce3dfd515cdf16cbccafd65e1294c90f.png

image.thumb.png.222fe7e0e3334d78a0cfa08e5262462c.png

As you can see, 18 players in (a fair number of young players that have gone straight out on loan, and 30 players out.  The squad was awful really, far too old and wages far too high.  Also a change in tactic meant i had to have a rethink mid July.

Still after all that, the squad i have is younger and cheaper and more English based as well.

The main aim of the window was to improve the defensive, which was no where near good enough last year.  Introducing the new Center Backs

Robert Attinghauser (Potentially £90 mill from Real Madrid)
image.thumb.png.a817ed3c9e650206c738608129bd6735.png

Julian Dieckneite (Potentially £79 mill from Bayern)
image.thumb.png.70a22ab469d449f83129ca88500ca75a.png

José Carlos Santos (Potentially £55 mill from Barcelona)
image.thumb.png.c5785c1399e63e4a33f6d1c44b1ea265.png

Adi Ferdiansyah (Loan from Chelsea)
image.thumb.png.463fae89ce5cdd63b65e4d71e6537b6c.png

Defenders Out
Lucas Matheus - £53 million to Villarreal
Kieron Woods - £18 million to Genoa
Tawan - £16.25 million to Girona

Goalkeeper out
Carl Sinnot - £33.5 million to Crystal Palce

2 players i didn't really want to bring in but needed depth as my first choice options were unavailable were

Endrick
image.thumb.png.0a1d945e75fdb04f0b8de2b3274f6222.png

£22 million transfer for 1 year on £170k a year seemed a decent deal for me

Tiago Ferreira
image.thumb.png.d7a9417ed2b4b001cc7459d13d14fc7c.png

£19.75 million for a 1 year deal, not happy about the £375k wage but he covers all 3 midfield positions for me.

2 other big signings for me to increase the English contingent in the squad

Dexter Smith (Potentially £93 million from Crystal Palace)image.thumb.png.f192e4192e3bd68bb6ed933e63d96a00.png

Geoff Patterson (Potentially £62 million from Fulham)
image.thumb.png.c68a3a41ab7e77ad8ce4740e4c85a211.png

A fair number of young players have also joined and have gone on loan

Have made it to the end of the January transfer Window and have completed a few deals.
image.thumb.png.dcfb2344aea9c802cb45c85020296669.png

I had 2 decisions to make, Jared Halstead (33) and Tiago Ferreira (34) both had 6 months left and had to desire to renew any contracts and i had an offer for both, it would also mean losing over £600k of wages as well, or losing both for free at the end of the season.  The main issue was finding replacements for them.  I had also already agreed to sell Ibrahim Huberty (33) for £6.5mill to Inter so losing 3 central midfielders in one window.

In the end i had to accept and spent a long time searching for replacements, I managed to find one at Liverpool in the shape of Matěj Belak
image.thumb.png.bb5f190e130760b8e77f15911ab81b73.png

He joined for £25 million and then i decided to bring in 2 CBs who could also play in the DM position, Tristan Els from Dortmund for potentially £46.5 mill
image.thumb.png.0e823470cb34b09252b66e45917d0ecf.png

Not hugely happy with the wages at £300k but i was struggling to find replacements, but at 6.4 he adds to the height i have in the side.  He was joined by Ismail Bouzid on loan from Real San Sebastián
image.thumb.png.81773af97b7e7a00196e14a12c707360.png

Again offers the options for CB and DM and at 6.3 is a great addition.  The final 2 additions in the window were both on deadline day from Bayern, first up Álvaro Espinosa a decent young DM cover
image.thumb.png.b544f023ace87c32035afaedf866855f.png

I thought i had completed my deals when Espinoza joined but then Bayern loan listed Pedro Esteves
image.thumb.png.e85f43d625c918847869d1fcf59afe96.png

A player i signed at Real Madrid and then joined me at Bayern as well.  I have been disappointed with some of my options in the striker position and when be became available it was a no brainer.

The season so far has been great except for the league cup

Fixtures

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.0e2ab2d8e0bc033e61e847e4bd1c1ea5.png

image.thumb.png.e260c6e6559498c0e2be5cfe4a4e8426.png

Crashed out of the league cup at the first stage, their keeper had an 8.22 MOTM performance and my team wasn't fully settled yet.  Really disappointing performance as well.  This was the same time we drew 1-1 away at Lincoln, lost 3-1 at home to Liverpool and 2-0 away to Arsenal where my keeper Sami Labyad played his last game allowing them to score 2 goals with a combined xg of 0.13, the Arsenal keeper got an 8.0.

It was also here that i changed tactics as well and apart from a very disappointing 1-1 draw away at Chelsea where we missed a crazy number of chances we have smashed everyone.  All this means we are topf of the league easily right!!

image.png.5c57b4b9c01a1930863556bca79dc101.png

Liverpool are immense, 2 0-0 draws that they should have won is the only blot so far for them.  If they continue they will win the league as their depth is better than mine.  Still though, we are into the 5th round of the FA Cup, away to Man City, and won the Europa League phase winning all our games.

I am really happy with the starting 11 now but the ins and outs in January have left the squad a little short really.

Season 41/42 is over and really happy with it, massive progress from last season.

First off the league
image.thumb.png.08353e8e875f1c406f4753842fab1c2f.png

Finishing second on 90 points to a ridiculous Liverpool side, scoring the same number of goals as them as well
image.thumb.png.01c11604cffd2c950b288ac624c918cf.png

They outscored their XG by 27 as well, their forward line is incredible.

Europa League

image.png.27cb89a0751560c21530cb4b491d6b45.pngimage.png.334b13286c542bd839166a268ad79587.pngimage.png.880c1437e85f494a76423fc0123cc964.png

Comfortable 3-0 win over Arsenal, dominated the first half and then had to adjust second half as they pushed us.

FA Cup

image.png.1cf06b8b672949573fd05fc9e0d0085c.pngimage.png.1cf9b0e86be63ef97e0a84398d6b6058.pngimage.png.6b70df04e662847ca2d65dfd31b88699.png

Southampton finished 10th in the League and we dominated the game for a comfortable 4-0 win and a cup double.

Squad

image.thumb.png.65293ca3c3bfc28fcf4b098aeca7a5e5.png

We need a better goalkeeper as neither Sami Labyad or Ben Phillips are good enough and make so many mistakes.  Between them they cost me 3 games with mistakes.
I think a better left back is needed if i can find one other io am set.
Center backs are good, happy with my options here
Right backs are also good
Defensive midfielders i am lacking, i play 2 here and i need some.
Attacking midfielders i probably need 1 depending on out goings here it might be more
Strikers i have 1 youngster coming off a good loan with Brighton and maybe need 1 more if any go

Overall, happy with the squad and hopefully only a few signings needed after last year

Edited by molemenacer

So a very long summer 2042 transfer window is complete and the main aims of finding defensive midfielders has been completed, however the goalkeeper position is still a worry.

First off the window in full:
image.thumb.png.c6b2ddedb8829bdfe5b5e3a4b83e17c5.png

Net spend wise we didn't actually spend that much and pretty much all the transfers are all up front this season as we used the future payments a lot last summer.

image.png.3329ab66ca40ce19aee59b927ecb0c46.png                                                    image.png.a60f54ee843ff7e8fa2c8684b3f0addd.png

Lots of players leaving on that where either 30 or on high wages.  We did not get as much as i would have liked for any of them really but we needed to clear them out.

Players in wise, our new starting defensive midfielder
image.thumb.png.977461f285a45df1e3c72c86e20a5dd6.png

Potentially £97 million and not the most incredible right now but the age profile is what i was looking for and my scouts (and now coaches) love him and think his potential is amazing.  

New starting left back
image.thumb.png.1d96b464637f71a6aa8e7b910647061d.png

Potentially £40 million and another that my scouts and coaches think is going to be amazing.

Finally the new starting goalkeeper
image.thumb.png.04fc75669cef1ad0079d3caf8357e572.png

Not a massive upgrade at all but taller and better at making saves and only £17.5 million seemed like a good idea as i cannot get anyone that i really wanted.

All of the above leaves the squad looking like this
image.thumb.png.a0a25b240fab6c231d1780e8d57e474a.png

Only 3 players on £200k and over leaves the wages like this
image.thumb.png.a3914e0508b9ced23089cb44a1cbf71c.png

We are 8th in the wages table and have £2 million left in the wage bill if we need it.

Overall i am happy with the squad, the wages are good, the age profile is great with only 1 player above 30 and a whole bunch in their early 20s.

Season has started off pretty well

image.thumb.png.989df71b4f27328581aa6dfc41fa9882.png

Ben Phillips started the Liverpool game in goal and that was his last game for me
image.png.e5d2661ef3c7d2d4ac8ab07dbab3a768.png              image.png.d5432d462a694f95184fff4e6394fd68.png

He made 1 save in normal time and before penalties was on a 6.0, he redeemed himself on penalties saving 2 but we should have won in normal time.  A 100 minute equaliser was insane and what we deserved but i was so fed up with Phillips by this point that the win didn't seem that good to me.

Uefa Super Cup:
image.png.b2e5a23b0e527525ae8373399b636021.png           image.png.803024a436e4c72d78355c218bbae061.png

Very much like the Community shield, we should have won the game but didn't take our chances and then lost on penalties this time.

League table
image.png.c80ec1b8b2bf4bfa9d541a08d2f0ae6e.png

Matching Liverpool after 4 games but conceding too many for my liking.  Hopefully once my DM, LB and GK settle we should be better.  We play Liverpool in 2 games in the league at home and lost 3-0 last season so that will be a benchmark for us

On 25/07/2024 at 12:37, UnitedSweden said:

Into my 3rd season of rebuild, still trying to build my symphony, but the 3rd Champions League game was against Bayern, we were predicted a draw...

image.thumb.png.80854339efba50c3dac20778dedb39e1.png

What does your tactic look like? Because I'm running something similar and I haven't had results that good! I'm not United btw, saving myself for United to be my first save on FM25 after a 3 year break from United saves. 

I'm Leverkusen in 2028 and we have won the league 3 seasons in a row but I have Zirkzee and he has been bang average for me 😂. I don't even use him as a striker anymore, he plays at AMC for me. But as I said, based on your roles in that Bayern game, I'm using a very similar 4-2-3-1 in terms of the roles. 

Edited by Gee_Simpson