FM24 Early Access Official Feedback Thread

18 minutes ago, tropicsafc said:

Convinced the high amount of goals is due to fatigue. Alot of the goals are scored after 60mins and some of the passes I've seen have been hilariously bad. Subbing my defence when they hit the red solves this usually!

It's conversion rates averaging 15% rather than the usual 7% irl or 9% on FM23

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The second intrigue for today is whether FM24 will have a classic update roadmap with December and March patches?

Or are we expecting a “shortened program” with development attention to Unity?

5 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

The second intrigue for today is whether FM24 will have a classic update roadmap with December and March patches?

I think they mentioned a Christmas update

38 minutes ago, tropicsafc said:

Convinced the high amount of goals is due to fatigue. Alot of the goals are scored after 60mins and some of the passes I've seen have been hilariously bad. Subbing my defence when they hit the red solves this usually!

I don’t know if it’s me kidding myself, but I feel like I can honestly see fatigue and tiredness in players when their condition is low. I’ve also had to make defensive subs for this reason and believe it does help. 
I might just be lying to myself though, I don’t know. 

Is it just me or is it that the instance where you fall short of a certain expectation (like being eliminated in the Round of 16 in CL when the expectation was to reach QF) and your players come to you upset kind of crazy? Like, guys..YOU also were actually playing that games in which you got eliminated and then you come to me upset that we didin't reach the QF's?! I mean fine, I am responsible too, but I as a manager am not exclusively to blame ffs! YOU all were playing on the pitch! Like..what the hell??

29 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

You'll always need the Winter update for Feb / March for the data updates post transfer window.

Anything else will depend on key issues identified not resolved at release and / or those identified post release

9 минут назад, luka_zg сказал:

Is it just me or is it that the instance where you fall short of a certain expectation (like being eliminated in the Round of 16 in CL when the expectation was to reach QF) and your players come to you upset kind of crazy? Like, guys..YOU also were actually playing that games in which you got eliminated and then you come to me upset that we didin't reach the QF's?! I mean fine, I am responsible too, but I as a manager am not exclusively to blame ffs! YOU all were playing on the pitch! Like..what the hell??

100%

Another point, is IRL a team captain really worried about the salaries of other players? Boy, your job is to kick balls, not to advise how to manage the budget for a season.

Actually player's agent would say something. But not a players.

Edited by Novem9

2 минуты назад, MrPompey сказал:

You'll always need the Winter update for Feb / March for the data updates post transfer window

Mostly research responsibility

1 минуту назад, Novem9 сказал:

100%

Another point, is IRL a team captain really worried about the salaries of other players? Boy, your job is to kick balls, not to advise how to manage the budget for a season.

I also like situations when a player, dissatisfied with his playing time, talks about the lack of players for his position :D

10 minutes ago, HC16_1 said:

Afternoon! Might be the incorrect place, so sorry about that. If I start my main save now, when the update drops at 4PM, Will I still get the bug fixes fixed in my save?

General fixes yes, but if there have been any competition or data issues/bugs then they will only apply to new saves.

Where are the officially promoted light and shadow effects? I have been playing for a season, and the game screen on a sunny day looks like this. There aren't any player shadows at all,This is not the effect of a sunny day at all。

QQ20231106193056.拇指.png.daba833b0932889cb7ade63ae435b6ad.png.ac1952e2a8298f97b492aae25839af0a.png

QQ20231106191308.png.0dad37c1462ae1b3491b7a25c6c58e19.png.74acbafc4dbef6f6a46f19ea22724b5b.png

Edited by w44643233

8 minutes ago, w44643233 said:

Where are the officially promoted light and shadow effects? I have been playing for a season, and the game screen on a sunny day looks like this. There aren't any player shadows at all,This is not the effect of a sunny day at all。

QQ20231106193056.拇指.png.daba833b0932889cb7ade63ae435b6ad.png.ac1952e2a8298f97b492aae25839af0a.png

QQ20231106191308.png.0dad37c1462ae1b3491b7a25c6c58e19.png.74acbafc4dbef6f6a46f19ea22724b5b.png

They're from England, maybe that's how they imagine a sunny day.

Edit: Jokes aside, are your settings maxed out?

Edited by Guest

7 minutes ago, w44643233 said:

I’m desperately hoping we get them at 4pm today. Otherwise I’ll be very disappointed. There’s a few “headline features” not working/non-existent at all, in the beta

1 分钟前, kiingallen说:

I’m desperately hoping we get them at 4pm today. Otherwise I’ll be very disappointed. There’s a few “headline features” not working/non-existent at all, in the beta

There are many problems in the beta version.today I don’t know how many problems can be solved.

28 分钟前, w44643233说:

the official promotion also uses Brighton, an English team. . . So is this misleading propaganda?

Edited by w44643233

21 分钟前, nimbleshadow说:

他们来自英国,也许这就是他们想象阳光明媚的日子。

编辑:撇开玩笑不谈,你的设置是否已达到最大值?

The picture settings are all at the highest level, and the graphics card drivers are also up to date. my friend tried other national leagues, and some can show the light and shadow effects officially promoted. But the official promotion uses Brighton in England, but I can't get this effect. I went to all Brighton games and it was the same.

Edited by w44643233

1 minute ago, w44643233 said:

The picture settings are all at the highest level, and the graphics card drivers are also up to date. I have tried other national leagues, and some can show the light and shadow effects officially promoted. But the official promotion uses Brighton in England, but I can't get this effect. I went to all Brighton games and it was the same.

That's weird, I really thought they used Brighton because it was brighter.

4 分钟前, nimbleshadow说:

That's weird, I really thought they used Brighton because it was brighter.

I want to know if other players have experienced the officially promoted light and shadow effects.

Edited by w44643233

It's clear that for any significant graphical upgrades we have to wait for FM25.

Meanwhile im holding their on their promise that AI squad building, squad rotation and transfers are improved since FM23. From what i read so far, they have been to cautious with this improvement in the early access.

Yeah, graphically it looks a little nicer but it's not much more than a filter (that you seemingly see being applied every half). I think the marketing was misleading in a few places but all that matters is that 5 gazzilian matches will be played and it will be their furthest reaching game ever.

They'd never tell porkies though, it's just marketing.

I read the few last pages and I didn't see anyone talking about the thing that it's bothering me the most, players value mainly after the second season.

It's like there's a Saudi tax, but for everyone. Any decent player is 70 million +

Some examples that make no sense,

Spoiler

SemTtulo2.png.d04192894294f1aa19698a4871c0a62c.pngSemTtulo3.png.e4f20d992df88d2b284db26314e646e0.pngSemTtulo4.png.2b5125d121dbcdf71791fa0c718c1711.pngSemTtulo5.png.acad94f537a66dc138dcbb5cab8eed9b.pngSemTtulo1.png.0ffb24b2f20f623bc9e850d5fd507705.png

I'd not been following because it was pretty obvious from just playing, interesting numbers though.

It's actually one of the scarier things in regards to a fix. Is this finishing the the knock on effect of one of the things that's making this year's match engine more fun to play? If so do they just revert that change or do they do a quick and nasty fix that makes keepers into supermen or strikers miss everything.

6 минут назад, Playah23 сказал:

I read the few last pages and I didn't see anyone talking about the thing that it's bothering me the most, players value mainly after the second season.

It's like there's a Saudi tax, but for everyone. Any decent player is 70 million +

Some examples that make no sense,

Показать контент

SemTtulo2.png.d04192894294f1aa19698a4871c0a62c.pngSemTtulo3.png.e4f20d992df88d2b284db26314e646e0.pngSemTtulo4.png.2b5125d121dbcdf71791fa0c718c1711.pngSemTtulo5.png.acad94f537a66dc138dcbb5cab8eed9b.pngSemTtulo1.png.0ffb24b2f20f623bc9e850d5fd507705.png

Are there any players among them who have just signed new contracts?

I didn't even try and negotiate up with the Saudi clubs as selling to them already felt like cheating. Managing Chelsea, all in season 2.

Ben Chilwell - Al-Hilal -  62m

Robert Sanchez - Al-Hilal - 33m (didn't play for me at all in the first season)

Romelu Lukaku - Al-Ittihad - 37m

Deivid Washington - Al-Qadsiah - 16m (4 goals in 27 in France in the previous season but spells his name Deivid so probably has high potential tbf)

Harvey Vale - Al-Qadsiah - 12m (bang average youth player who played in league 1 the previous season)

Had a huge bid for Kepa too but he picked the smaller wage at Madrid for ehatever reason.

Safe to say I'm going to be playing in a smaller league in the full game.

26 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

I'd not been following because it was pretty obvious from just playing, interesting numbers though.

It's actually one of the scarier things in regards to a fix. Is this finishing the the knock on effect of one of the things that's making this year's match engine more fun to play? If so do they just revert that change or do they do a quick and nasty fix that makes keepers into supermen or strikers miss everything.

If it is (and it looks like it) just the sheer conversion rate that needs to be toned down, that should be doable without altering anything else in the ME. As the shot would be the end point of a move. It's not as if it's a case of changing the amount or type of chances (which would be a big thing) etc with potential knock ons

44 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

I've posted this in the relevant bug thread, but just to keep people in here updated as I know there's been a lot of feedback in regards to high amounts of goals. 

The below is the most complete sim/spreadsheet I have done yet in terms of amount of leagues and conversion rates etc now included. As soon as the ''full'' release hits at 4pm I will download and begin to sim, and add a column for the new version and update so we can see if there have been any changes.

image.thumb.png.08b9a081427cdf72f0dcd38979cb8a96.png 

image.png.94cf64560869769d2e38d1b5853d51ad.png

image.png.b1b2cc3c9ecfefd90f88af67f366da7b.png

image.png.a4a077962ed4f7f6d874208aba400ae0.png

Please note for FM24 some teams had a conversion rate of up to 21% (so 1 in 5 of their shots goes in the back of the net) come the end of the season!

Players in the attacking third with +85% passing accuracy probably aren't helping. FM loves tiki-take and gegenpress. But IMO, the AI just does not press and trap effectively enough.

It would be interesting to see how tackles and interceptions, etc, compare to reality. I would guess it's low, which naturally creates more scoring.

Edited by Mars_Blackmon

3 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

If it is (and it looks like it) just the sheer conversion rate that needs to be toned down, that should be doable without altering anything else in the ME. As the shot would be the end point of a move. It's not as if it's a case of changing the amount or type of chances (which would be a big thing) etc with potential knock ons

Not quite, because if the ME produces easier chances or more easy chances than IRL, then the conversion rate will naturally be higher and simply nerfing finishing will not suffice. Anecdotally the xG values I saw in the game were much higher than in FM23, although I don't know if that's due to quality of chances or if there was a change in the way xG is calculated.

My only wish was that gegen press was less effective it's been so OP for so long now. When I'm on a bad roll of form I have to stop myself going to gegen press as it's like the cheat tactic. Easy win with most teams with it. 

There are other teams being effective with other tactical systems irl. 

1 minute ago, styluz05 said:

My only wish was that gegen press was less effective it's been so OP for so long now. When I'm on a bad roll of form I have to stop myself going to gegen press as it's like the cheat tactic. Easy win with most teams with it. 

There are other teams being effective with other tactical systems irl. 

true

25 minutes ago, endtime said:

Not quite, because if the ME produces easier chances or more easy chances than IRL, then the conversion rate will naturally be higher and simply nerfing finishing will not suffice. Anecdotally the xG values I saw in the game were much higher than in FM23, although I don't know if that's due to quality of chances or if there was a change in the way xG is calculated.

xG overperformance does however seem to be in excess of +250 goals per season in the leagues highlighted in the spreadsheet (Champ, L2, Spain etc) suggesting that it isn't necessarily a case of too many good quality chances being created. Small sample size though of course, and it could be a combination.

That being said, quite happy with the ME and how it plays, probably the best ever. Maybe a bit more chaos needed and passer % lowering for defenders/certain players. But the amount of goals is a big one for me at the moment and is stopping me playing. Just makes games seem completely random, game plans pointless, and no seeing 0-0's or 1-0's only as rarities.

Edited by Domoboy23

23 minutes ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

Players in the attacking third with +85% passing accuracy probably aren't helping. FM loves tiki-take and gegenpress. But IMO, the AI just does not press and trap effectively enough.

It would be interesting to see how tackles and interceptions, etc, compare to reality. I would guess it's low, which naturally creates more scoring.

Have to admit, I would love to see more tackles/bobbles and getting a foot in to make a ball loose in midfield.

Also noticed a lack of blocks in the box from defenders when facing a shot.

22 minutes ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

I agree. I don't think it's an attacking issue as much as its a defensive awareness issue.

When teams play a narrow 4-3-2-1 or 4-3-1-2 and overload the middle the defensive team does not pick up the front three effectively at all. 

I don't want them to nerf attacking play. Just make players follow their mark much better or be more aware of who they should be marking (especially if they are told to man mark a player/position).

3 minutes ago, wazzaflow10 said:

I agree. I don't think it's an attacking issue as much as its a defensive awareness issue.

When teams play a narrow 4-3-2-1 or 4-3-1-2 and overload the middle the defensive team does not pick up the front three effectively at all. 

I don't want them to nerf attacking play. Just make players follow their mark much better or be more aware of who they should be marking (especially if they are told to man mark a player/position).

I think the defending AI has always been quite poor, and far behind the attacking AI. This is what worried me when they announced the improvements to attacking AI.

I think in general this year it seems better for most things, especially making at crossing etc which is what points me to conversion rates. But yes, when playing a flat 4-4-2 it's the people on the edge of the box they just lose.

It also goes back to the old thing of, you should be able to tell the difference over several matches on an ME of a player with 15 vision and passing to one with 8 etc. Same with shooting etc, but of course like IRL players with 1 for long shots can still score a worldie or two!  Which people do forget.

Edited by Domoboy23

1 hour ago, Domoboy23 said:

I've posted this in the relevant bug thread, but just to keep people in here updated as I know there's been a lot of feedback in regards to high amounts of goals. 

The below is the most complete sim/spreadsheet I have done yet in terms of amount of leagues and conversion rates etc now included. As soon as the ''full'' release hits at 4pm I will download and begin to sim, and add a column for the new version and update so we can see if there have been any changes.

image.thumb.png.08b9a081427cdf72f0dcd38979cb8a96.png 

image.png.94cf64560869769d2e38d1b5853d51ad.png

image.png.b1b2cc3c9ecfefd90f88af67f366da7b.png

image.png.a4a077962ed4f7f6d874208aba400ae0.png

Please note for FM24 some teams had a conversion rate of up to 21% (so 1 in 5 of their shots goes in the back of the net) come the end of the season!

Any idea why the Bundesliga(s) are negative? Seems like Bundesliga 2 is actually in line with # of goals even if conversion is high. 

I wouldn't mind some ME changes. At the moment, the ME isn't 'long ball/high press/hard tackling'-friendly. Looks like patient tactics combined with the promoted positional play are the easiest way. Difficult to play some hoofball or some relentless press. But maybe it's my tactics.

9 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

Have to admit, I would love to see more tackles/bobbles and getting a foot in to make a ball loose in midfield.

Also noticed a lack of blocks in the box from defenders when facing a shot.

I’ve noticed the lack of blocks also. Having said that I’ve not really checked bravery stats. But I thought I’d see more than I have at the moment. And I can’t recall any

1 minute ago, wazzaflow10 said:

Any idea why the Bundesliga(s) are negative? Seems like Bundesliga 2 is actually in line with # of goals even if conversion is high. 

There appears to be a fairly big reduction in the amount of shots taken in the Bundesliga and Bundesliga 2 compared to other leagues (even taking into account a 34 game season vs 38) it's still a lot lower. No idea why this would be. If they had a similar number of shots the conversion suggests they also would be in the + for GPG.

I just want to be able to play a low block and not win/lose 5-4 every week :lol:

1 minute ago, Domoboy23 said:

I just want to be able to play a low block and not win/lose 5-4 every week :lol:

Well it just makes the pre-match tunnel questions more exciting when you reply "goals change games whenever they're scored"

6 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

here appears to be a fairly big reduction in the amount of shots taken in the Bundesliga and Bundesliga 2 compared to other leagues (even taking into account a 34 game season vs 38) it's still a lot lower. No idea why this would be. If they had a similar number of shots the conversion suggests they also would be in the + for GPG.

Yeah that's what I figured but anything more detailed? It makes it harder to fix imo for them because its not just turning the conversion down across the board. 

And to reply to the other thread - Hoping for a patch today that says "oops positioning/concentration attribute wasn't factored in correctly in the ME" players will now be more cognizant of defensive duties and not abandon the middle of the park.

13 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

I think the defending AI has always been quite poor, and far behind the attacking AI. This is what worried me when they announced the improvements to attacking AI.

I think in general this year it seems better for most things, especially making at crossing etc which is what points me to conversion rates. But yes, when playing a flat 4-4-2 it's the people on the edge of the box they just lose.

It also goes back to the old thing of, you should be able to tell the difference over several matches on an ME of a player with 15 vision and passing to one with 8 etc. Same with shooting etc, but of course like IRL players with 1 for long shots can still score a worldie or two!  Which people do forget.

I think they tend to do this every year on the beta, I think its mostly aimed to show how good attacking play is which pleases most of the casual audience