FM24 Early Access Official Feedback Thread

4 minutes ago, Razal said:

Can't speak for everyone, But I find the game too easy to a level that I don't even enjoy playing it anymore. There is no reward in grinding as you can overachiever with the default gegen press tactic

When you purchase the editor, you can set all of your player's attributes to 1.

Edited by Mars_Blackmon

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Domoboy23 said:

Is everyone finding the game too easy?

It always has been if you play it the orthodox way - transfers and squad building make it too easy. That's why many of us set self-imposed challenges, such as Director of Football or youth-Only challenges. I've been doing that for years - can't play any other way now.

39 minutes ago, rusty217 said:

Please tell me that's the Pepe I'm thinking of moving from Porto to Saudi. Them paying 56m for a 42 year old would be hilarious!

Not Pepe but Pepê, 27 yo winger, in Portuguese that little accent makes all the difference image.png.18aa8179932af72469f0fbcb127332eb.png

I'm so sick of the assistant advice during a game coming too late.

An hour or so into the game after an opposition player has scored 2/3 against you, you always get the 'you should mark him tightly'.

Yep, thanks for that ground-breaking insight assistant...

3 minutes ago, jlawlor91 said:

I'm so sick of the assistant advice during a game coming too late.

An hour or so into the game after an opposition player has scored 2/3 against you, you always get the 'you should mark him tightly'.

Yep, thanks for that ground-breaking insight assistant...

This is my biggest gripe. If the assistant could give us some sort of advice that could help create a picture in my head of why? 

"Why should i mark that player?"

"Why shouldn't I press that player?"

"I know we are overcrowded in midfield, what should I do?"

The assistant just saying words and stating the obvious is not really 'assisting' if i can see it myself

13 hours ago, Purple Bane said:

The £6-7 on top of the cost of the game in game editor? To fix problems with the game?

I'd argue the editor is an essential purchase even if the game was functioning perfectly.  I like to change teams kits etc.  Of course it would be nice if it was provided free with the game, but considering the hundreds of hours I'm hopefully going to put into FM24 £6-7 isn't much.  Considering the amount of moaning that goes on in these forums there are always going to be plenty of people who feel there are "problems with the game".   

Edited by priority76

19 minutes ago, priority76 said:

I'd argue the editor is an essential purchase even if the game was functioning perfectly.  I like to change teams kits etc.  Of course it would be nice if it was provided free with the game, but considering the hundreds of hours I'm hopefully going to put into FM24 £6-7 isn't much.  Considering the amount of moaning that goes on in these forums there are always going to be plenty of people who feel there are "problems with the game".   

Don't argue with most of what you say there, just cant really be cited as a fix for problems with the game. If that was the case it'd be included.

Just now, Purple Bane said:

Don't argue with most of what you say there, just cant really be cited as a fix for problems with the game. If that was the case it'd be included.

Absolutely, but once I've purchased it next week I'll be using it to "fix" any "problems" that arise.

6 hours ago, Dadecane said:

If a scottish club produces a player wanted by all of europes big dogs, then YES. And im sure chelsea will be first in line to pay it. 

Mate im a celtic fan and can guarantee you that no matter how good a player one of our players are, no chance we are getting anything near that EVER, it all comes down to the market we are in

Hi, I’m sure this would have been posted already but I’ve had a number of players who have ‘passed’ the promise of playing in the right position and role but after receiving email confirmation that they are happy with this their status turns to unhappy (public) regarding being played out of position.

2 hours ago, priority76 said:

I wouldn't say the in game editor is an essential purchase. The free pre game editor that comes with the game does everything you need.

2 legs playoffs are still awful. If you win the first leg by a good margin, second leg is 100% be a bad match where your team will be complacent, and you can't do nothing against it. Worst part, if you're loosing you can't say nothing bad to them, cause in their own dream land, they still winning...

This should be treated as 2 separated games instead of the same one...

Edited by KamyKaze

How are others finding the goal return from lone strikers? I've tried a range of systems but the ball is just not getting through to them enough. Mainly because midfielders and wider players keep shooting from distance rather than play him in.

17 hours ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

In my LLM save imported from FM 23, my center back went from 66% in FM23 to 86% passing in FM24. and no, it wasn't from clearances/hoof ball because we ranked one of the poorest in the league from clearing the ball, as that wasn't a part of our tactic.

Interesting insight by way of the import save feature. Well spotted. 

1 hour ago, Purple said:

I wouldn't say the in game editor is an essential purchase. The free pre game editor that comes with the game does everything you need.

Unfortunately, it is essential if you play MLS. AI Roster management is still a mess when it comes to retaining youth.

B/II teams will be filled with grey players, and players from the team's academy will be released into the lower leagues.

There is literally no bridge between the academy and to reserve...

Oh, and don't forget about the drafted prospects or the players that actually get signed from the academy. If they aren't good enough for the first team, they are released instead of moved to the B/II team...

PS.

Don't bother asking me to post in the bug forum. I've been raising this issue for almost 10 years, and half of those were on the beta team...

Edited by Mars_Blackmon

34 minutes ago, Purple said:

Sure, but if you're already in a save and you find something you want to change it's a godsend.  If only this year it will allow the editing of stadiums.  Come on SI, fingers crossed!

Having a very casual beta save in the Danish top tier. Totally anecdotal, but my first dabble with the transfer market in FM24 and I've missed out on several players I am pretty sure I would have landed in previous versions. It's going to annoy some people but for me, it was necessary. Hopefully I'm not imagining it. 

EDIT: Obviously, the AI may be beating me to players, it doesn't mean it needs them or will play them.......

Edited by janrzm

Something I made a feature request for last year I think......

Loan offers for players, how I wish the  multiple offer screen would tell you the predicted finishing position of the club making the loan offer so I didn't have to navigate to it. This would allow me to choose which detailed offers I review. I wonder if this could be done with skinning. 

Edited by janrzm

On 27/10/2023 at 09:10, XaW said:

I don't know where you could, but if you find someone who want it, then you can probably do so. No clue how it would be done though.

On 28/10/2023 at 17:21, Jack Sarahs said:

Hi there

Can you please send us your save file where 90% of the goals are from set pieces? 

Do you have some stats within the game you can share to show this stat of 90% of goals from set pieces is correct? 

thank you

3 hours ago, greenz81 said:

This is my biggest gripe. If the assistant could give us some sort of advice that could help create a picture in my head of why? 

The assistant just saying words and stating the obvious is not really 'assisting' if i can see it myself

Finding this funny, You are the main man and have to figure it out for competitiveness . You should know why you have to mark, press or cut lanes though, otherwise you should be demoted to be the assistant of your under18s.

3 hours ago, greenz81 said:

Finding this funny, You are the main main and should figure it out for competitiveness.  you should maybe know why you are supposed to press or mark as a head coach otherwise you should get demoted to be the assistant of  under 18s at your club

I have over 50 hours logged in the game and I can say without hesitation it is the best FM ever made. The ME is a joy

The only technical issue I have encountered is one match just froze as it was waiting for highlights. There was no crash. The UI was responsive. It simply never showed the next highlight so I had to force exit

The one annoyance I have is the overuse of "he may have strayed offside" thing after every other goal. It's especially annoying when I can clearly see the player isn't offside and I know it's programmed in to the game for no other reason than to mimic real life VAR drama. It's not dramatic or exciting really it's just annoying and could be toned down a bit

Just now, Davienene said:

Finding this funny, You are the main main and should figure it out for competitiveness.  you should maybe know why you are supposed to press or mark as a head coach otherwise you should get demoted to be the assistant of  under 18s at your club

Of course, but if my assistant is telling me something, i need more context. An example, if he thinks i should man mark a specific player, I would like to understand why.... hes got pace of 17, my defender has pace of 10, but im playing a low defensive line, so would want to know the reasoning behind the assistant telling me to man mark him. Its mainly for context, not help

Just now, greenz81 said:

Of course, but if my assistant is telling me something, i need more context. An example, if he thinks i should man mark a specific player, I would like to understand why.... hes got pace of 17, my defender has pace of 10, but im playing a low defensive line, so would want to know the reasoning behind the assistant telling me to man mark him. Its mainly for context, not help

oh,yeah  makes sense with that example, but again I thought that's the fun part, having to figure it out

1 hour ago, rdbayly said:

How are others finding the goal return from lone strikers? I've tried a range of systems but the ball is just not getting through to them enough. Mainly because midfielders and wider players keep shooting from distance rather than play him in.

Abraham has 20 goals for me in January. 

I just wanna bring to attention how damn good this ME is at central play, and central players covering wide positions. I''m United, third season, so great side (Osimhen etc).

Wanted to mix it up so switched to a vertical shortest passing lowest tempo machine I could. No width but the WCBs, SVs and SSs provide that. OIs always set to trigger press the AI defence so my forwards run themselves into the ground. Beautiful passing pattterns and movement. It is wonderful to watch. Thank you SI, some of the best football I have seen in an FM ME.

c26fbdd74388add676939158a90a52b8.png

Spoiler

c681b33139464f87933d24eff5d96570.png

32827001a5c6d603a51e50af1e0934b7.png

46b1cbc8c829c957eadadd82c0de7724.png

4 hours ago, Davienene said:

Finding this funny, You are the main man and have to figure it out for competitiveness . You should know why you have to mark, press or cut lanes though, otherwise you should be demoted to be the assistant of your under18s.

Isn't being a coach a team effort ? Every coach relies on feed back from staff and suggestions from the assistant manager on game day . Its then up to you how you use that advice 

Edited by alian62

6 hours ago, rdbayly said:

Mbappe scored 52 goals for me as a lone striker. Playing as some random South African first division side and my lone striker has 18 in 18 games.

So I'd say they are doing just fine for me, but also see what you are seeing I find they score more on the counter or from pullbacks/crosses.

6 hours ago, rdbayly said:

I'm scoring plenty. My lone striker is a Pressing Forward on support, and he's flanked by Inside Forwards on attack on both flanks and a Segundo Volante on attack from deep. The goals are well shared out; the striker doesn't get more than the IFs, but as a system, it's great.

1 hour ago, kiwityke1983 said:

Is the tiny green confirm box purely designed to cause you to not make tactical adjustments so you concede late equalisers?

Why is it even in the game, yes I've already confirmed I want those changes by hitting the confirm button in the menu I made them!

Why then do I have to do a second confirmation in a random tiny box in the top corner out of eyeline, that doesn't always even pop up for you to click!

It's maddening!!!

It's one of these things that makes me wonder if SI makes any UI testing at all. This bug has been around for YEARS, pretty much affects most people and is raised on the forums every year, and somehow still hasn't been fixed. Has anyone made a standalone post about this for FM24? Not that I have any hope it's going to be fixed but...