Why does the “Real World” game mode use a much larger database?

Anyone has any idea? 

I set up a fairly basic game with 13 leagues from 8 nations (essentially top 8 in Europe). The “original” mode database size was about 30k players, and “real world” mode like 80k players. I thought only the first couple of transfer windows were impacted by the game modes.

Any idea why the different databases (one has almost triple the number of players)? Am I missing something in the descriptions of the game modes?

(Not complaining btw -- just curious how it impacts long term gameplay)

Real is the one where players transfer on the actual date of their transfer, right?

Then the reason should be that it has to load every single player that transferred in/out of your loaded leagues. The normal database would ignore most of the players that transferred out unless you also have their new league loaded, since now they'll start in a loaded league they need to be loaded into the save too so that they can be transferred out. Also, players that transfer into your leagues normally wouldn't be loaded since they're in an inactive league, they now need to be loaded so that they exist when the transfer into your league takes place. This would apply to loans and free transfers as well as regular transfers, so it would affect a lot of players.

1 hour ago, rusty217 said:

Then the reason should be that it has to load every single player that transferred in/out of your loaded leagues. The normal database would ignore most of the players that transferred out unless you also have their new league loaded, since now they'll start in a loaded league they need to be loaded into the save too so that they can be transferred out. Also, players that transfer into your leagues normally wouldn't be loaded since they're in an inactive league, they now need to be loaded so that they exist when the transfer into your league takes place. This would apply to loans and free transfers as well as regular transfers, so it would affect a lot of players.

That actually makes a lot of sense. Guess I underestimated just how many players may be transferring between unplayable and playable leagues in one window.