FM24 -MP's Dream Team Tactic(s)

This tactic is inspired by a lot of IRL factors that i wanted to fit into a system and by using the match plan, i switch between the system in game automatically. My explanations will be brief but feel free to ask any questions and/or suggest improvements.

Key Factors that I incorporated:

1.) I wanted to reimagine my right flank as having three players, Trent Alexander-Arnold as the deeper creator, Beckham as the wide creator and Reece James as the possible goal threat while being a creator too who can both cover both of the right lanes. Its not completely loyal to IRL facts eg; i use Trent as both a HB and AP(s) but they function how i expect them to IRL. Henceforth, Fabio is the Trent, Cardoso is the Reece and Batista is the Beckham.

2.) The AM / LCM role, Initially i wanted to have a Deep Target man, much like Fellaini, but i could never find the right profile this far into my save. So i gave up on that for now but decided to go ahead with my second choice, The Julian Alvarez type, shadow striker, I have been switching between AP(A) and CM(A) as i like the freedom AP(A) offers but will probably switch back to CM(A). Gasco (My Alvarez) is a striker who when i used as a sole striker averaged more then a goal a game but this season, his output fell off as i was experimenting a lot but still got 12 goals,8 assists in 37 games.

System 1: Inspired by Liverpools Current System

Screenshot2023-10-20at23_16_56.thumb.png.a4ce49ba2fd7f4d69ccf464e11287f85.png

This is the base system that i start the matches out in, a 3-2 shape and ultimately just feels secure. I ease into the matches before moving into a 2-3 shape.

I did not watch the Lpool vs Villa game but i saw an analysis of Trents game from MOTD and this is what inspired me for the choice for his role. I liked how deep he picked up the ball and sprayed it about. Due to the IFB, the HB does not actually drop into the back 3 hence i chose this role, I did not really like the Regista tbh, His movement as a HB feels so much more free idk why though.

I chose Cardoso to be a FB(a) as in FM23, i liked how it both underlapped and overlapped but right now i am not sure if its the right role as it does not get up in time. Please suggest what role you think Reece played while he was at his best under Tuchel and what roles or instructions to use.

System 2: Inspired by Arsenal

Screenshot2023-10-20at23_17_05.thumb.png.9dc1639a789305578c9112d7114509ce.png

Still secure but slightly more attacking in a 2-3 build up shape.

Once the 25th min has come, the match plan switches to this if its still 0-0. As an AP(s), Fabio sometimes occupies the right half space but he is mostly on the right of the 2-3 shape at the back. Cardoso makes the over/under lapping runs. I view this system as close to a mirrored Arsenal system from last year with tweaks factoring what i wanted. 

System 3: Inspired by Girona

Screenshot2023-10-20at23_17_13.thumb.png.875f1392caa570ccdf96459559ce6a55.png

Similar to System 1 however, Fabio is pushed further up and and Cardoso is more aggressive to push up. Again, due to the IFB, the HB does not really split the defence that often. This system creates a 3-1-6 shape and is for when we are pushing for a goal late on or down a goal. I also use this for when i am home against teams lower in the league. Girona use this and the idea is that they push teams down one side and use wing play to beat the oppositions deep block (from my understanding)

Screenshot2023-10-20at23_17_26.thumb.png.07116622f5854aa7e03d3adb1060b81c.png

Does not really show much but heres the Match plan. 

I have only used this match plan for like the last 15 games or so but just wanted to show my tactic and how i use the match plan

This is a continuation of one of my other topics that i have made with a different focus but similar ideas if you would like to read it.

Edited by Miragepredator

10 minutes ago, 04texag said:

How have you found the match plans to work in function? This is a feature I've never used, but always been curious about.

I initially used it because i saw a Zealand video (i think) about trying to be like Ancelotti and so i used it so that for matches that i do not really feel like micro-managing. Then i realised, i can use it so that my team changes shape so i made a 3-5-1-1 system, inspired by Nagelsmann that could morph into a back 4 system(truthfully i forgot the middle system) and then into a 4-2-2-2. Then i tried using it to make use of Maximum/Minimum width by changing between 2 tactics every 25mins. 

The big problems that come to mind are that sometimes the Assistant can make player changes that are not ideal but you can disable the choice for them to make substitutes.

It can be annoying to make sure that every situation is covered. On the page where it shows all the scenarios, it does not say which tactic you are using for each scenario rather it just says 'Custom'.

You have to make sure that each player switches to the right position between system 1 and then system 2 if you are changing shape

These are what come to mind but its still the ideal for me as i want to be more hands-off while watching my tactic

38 minutes ago, Diverisma158 said:

Wow! Impressive. Can u upload the tactics for test it!! Thx!!

Here they are, might not be the fully updated versions and the match plan

4-2-3-1 (3-2 Build-Up).fmf4-3-3 (2-3 Build-Up).fmf4-3-3 (3-1 Build-Up).fmfMixed Build-Up.fmf

Screenshot2023-10-23at16_46_27.thumb.png.681a7ea36ad824a48e3c25e800a46f8d.png

Here is the current version of my tactic, i have been trying to maximise the Trent role (the right HB).

With 2 HB's, one of them can drop into either side of the CB's or join the IWB in the middle so it often switch to a 3-2 or 2-3 shape.

My idea behind this is that, i want them to drop into space deep in the half so they have lots of time and space, which they do often but i find that even though i have tried lots of instructions and even the player traits suggest Fabio should spray passes about, it ends up with simple passes. His stats show he does not create chances and although his progressive numbers look progressive, it never looks like it. After playing the matches, i use comprehensive highlights to look for anything he does and he positions himself in what i believe are ideal spaces but does not really make use of it. The WB and WM only have 3 instructions, cross more often, cross aim centre and cross from deep (for WM), cross from byline (for WB)

Screenshot2023-10-23at16_53_31.thumb.png.b884f02988eef220a6eb5e29b710b107.png

For comparison, here is his partner who i made take fewer risks (and have even played as a CB quite often)

Screenshot2023-10-23at16_53_42.thumb.png.664a99affca591dc4d042bdbf8034b04.png

A thought i had is perhaps i should make him take fewer risks aswell as i have that instruction of both the left halfback and IWB(who has 70 key passes)

I know a lot of you will say to switch to regista but i want to make this role work especially as the movement and positioning is exactly what i want. 

So please suggest any idea you have of how i can improve his creative output. ;)

On 21/10/2023 at 00:14, Miragepredator said:

Similar to System 1 however, Fabio is pushed further up and and Cardoso is more aggressive to push up. Again, due to the IFB, the HB does not really split the defence that often. This system creates a 3-1-6 shape and is for when we are pushing for a goal late on or down a goal. I also use this for when i am home against teams lower in the league. Girona use this and the idea is that they push teams down one side and use wing play to beat the oppositions deep block (from my understanding)

Love this thread mate, definitely got my juices flowing! What sources did you use for your Girona inspired tactic? Been a huge fan of how they've been playing this year.

2 hours ago, jc577 said:

Love this thread mate, definitely got my juices flowing! What sources did you use for your Girona inspired tactic? Been a huge fan of how they've been playing this year.

Ive seen a few twitter analysis of them from accounts i dont follow and read a few articles very briefly but ive seen a few youtube videos

Here are 2 that i do remember

I am just watching this now but seems good.

Edited by Miragepredator

12 hours ago, Miragepredator said:

Ive seen a few twitter analysis of them from accounts i dont follow and read a few articles very briefly but ive seen a few youtube videos

Here are 2 that i do remember

Amazing thank you mate

• Miragepredator changed the title to FM24 -MP's Dream Team Tactic(s)

In my next edition of MP’s DT tactics:

IMG_8735.thumb.jpeg.de2671e08d045f27f3c21c20f2282a48.jpeg

IMG_8738.thumb.jpeg.16030298fdde7be1cc0d22712d570979.jpeg

IMG_8739.thumb.jpeg.2bea71e558546807fe10360c11879dd5.jpeg

It is a team filled with some of my favourite players (past but mostly present). I will slowly show the roles and traits I decided for these players with a rough explanation. And the next post will show the system.

I would also like to mention that although i will use In-game editor, it will not be used to alter attributes or ability. I could have used players like Pedri,FDJ and Haaland but i felt like it would provide a better representation of the tactic if i use some players who have similar play styles/attributes and just use traits to mimic. In my main save, i use these tactics as i update them and make new version so if necessary i can post the stats for them later.

Edited by Miragepredator

Reece James:

I wanted him to be a possible goal threat down the right side with him attacking the inside right channel which he does quite often. I could have used him as an IWB(a) however that effected the positioning of the midfielders which i am unsure of, however i may still change it. I want him to behave like he does in real life where although he may start wide, he almost always attacks in the inside right channel which is where he picks up most of his goals (you can even see this in his assist this weekend against City ) . I have found him to do this quite often so i kept the FB(a)

I have added 2 traits to him, which are gets into opposition area and moves into channels.

Screenshot2023-11-14at22_58_40.png.801d685591e8383a62ae1455305cfaac.png

Here are his stats

Screenshot2023-11-14at23_00_301.thumb.png.d07f0e12c1b3a8e8a0091909d71be363.png

Although the goals are relatively low, i found that the "Beckham role" has bagged quite a lot as well as the striker so that has most probably effected it.

Here are the instructions:

Screenshot2023-11-14at23_13_56.png.3705a59f9a44b574d77a6ca75529600f.png

I think this has mostly been explained already. Although i do want him to cross early at times, i want him to mostly do it from the byline as i have other players to do things from deep.

Edited by Miragepredator

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, 04texag said:

Any new changes to you base tactic and ideas?

I did in the other thread, i am not sure how to close this thread.

Edited by Miragepredator