My Right back!! *Player name inculced*

Gecko

Ok I bought rafinha to replace gary neville and he got runner up in the signing of the season, well he was awsume and I was rotating him with neville the first season coz neville seemd still quite good. But this season Im questioning it, he plays awsum and I like him, one of my fav players :p but my ass man and scouts dont rate him that highly... tho he plays above a 7 average, do you replace players like these or keep them... :(

Ok I bought rafinha to replace gary neville and he got runner up in the signing of the season, well he was awsume and I was rotating him with neville the first season coz neville seemd still quite good. But this season Im questioning it, he plays awsum and I like him, one of my fav players :p but my ass man and scouts dont rate him that highly... tho he plays above a 7 average, do you replace players like these or keep them... :(

What's that Lassie? Timmy's fallen down the well?

I'm pretty sure scouts, coaches etc judge only on CA, which is a frankly irrelevant stat, instead of the player's attributes, which are what really matter. So make your own judgement based on the players stats, and his performances - if it ain't broke....

My coaches have never rated Jonathan Zebina, they all prefer Zdenek Grygera. But Zebina is probably the most consistent player I have, it's very rare he'll get less than a 7 so he's my first choice pick every time (the only exception to this being he got a 5 in the CL final, perhaps he's crap in big matches...). My coaches are telling me to get rid of Iaquinta too, but last season he was a beast and was banging them in, something like 22 in 35 appearances, so there's no way I'm going to listen to them. The point is, if they do the business on the pitch then who cares what the coaches think?

I've signed Rafinha to replace Degen (big improvement IMO!) at the end of my first season with Liverpool, yet to start my second season yet though, so looking forward to seeing how he gets on. Arby's been in good form towards the end of the season though, so he'll have to work his way into the team!

And yeah Zebina was awesome for me in FM08, he didn't seem that highly rated in stars and coach/scout ratings, but he scored high in most of the attributes I consider important for a full back, and his average rating was great. Plus was much more affordable than the likes of Alves etc. Don't know what he's like in '09 though!

Yes that happens a lot of the times...a player rated higher that others is not in form...while the other plays mauch better. I would really like to see the ability of a player to generally change also according to his form. for example a player who has a great season should have his CA risen and therefore be rated higher.

I keep players who perform and get rid of those who don't. My scouts/coaches opinions are irrelevant if I'm happy enough with the player.

On previous FM editions I have subito sacked every scout and the assistant manager was dedicated only to training with no right to speak to me about anything else than training.

Archived