Nation World Ranking

Hello,

I am having a bit of struggle to calculate the nation world ranking points by myself using the formula on wiki, so I was looking for a calculator or something that makes it easier, I've found this one: https://hermann-baum.de/excel/WorldCup/en/FIFA_Ranking.php , but I'm not sure if it's working correctly and/or if it does work the same in FM. 

I checked a few examples in my game (FM23) and compared it with that calculator:

Salomon Islands - New Zealand (Oceanic Nations Cup Final, won by New Zealand) seems to be counted as friendly with ko round (only boosted New Zealand, did nothing for Salomon Islands)

USA - Nigeria (friendly, won by USA), seems like not counted (both point values didn't change)

Spain - Sweden (European Championship group stage, draw), seems to be counted as confederation final competition matches up until the QF stage (which I think is indeed correct)

Does this calculator work correctly? If so, what am I doing wrong?

If it works correctly, why is Salomon Islands - New Zealand counted that way?

Why isn't the friendly between USA and Nigeria counted?

Do friendlies not count?

Do youth matches count in some way?

If this calculator doesn't work correctly, does anyone have another one?

A lot of questions but hope someone can help with this.

For the Solomon Islands - New Zealand one, I'm guessing NZ won? Negative points in knockout round matches don't count, so if they lost and normally would have lost points, since it was a knockout match they don't lose them. It's kind of done to emphasise the difference between teams that go out in the group stages, and those that make the knockout rounds. Don't want to punish them ranking wise for a loss, when perhaps they could've finished the tournament with more ranking points by drawing their last group match and going home early instead.

Friendlies should count, they should just be weighted lower than other matches. Youth matches shouldn't count.

Hey rusty217,

Yeah, NZ won, and I did indeed knew that about not losing points in knockout rounds, but the thing was more that it was being counted as a friendly game (including knockout) instead of the final it was (Oceanic Nations Cup)

Thanks for the info about friendlies/youth matches, weird that USA - Nigeria didn't count then.