Goalkeeper Injuries FM24

Hi all,

Not sure yet if I should raise as a bug but just seeing how many of the community have seen an increase in goalkeeper in game injuries.  I have had to sub my goalkeeper four times already in the first season due to injuries.  I thought he was just injury prone but his report doesn't mention it.  I didn't think anything of it as this can happen but watching @coadyon YouTube, he has had about seven of these injuries in game across both of his saves.

Anyone else or just an anomoly?

49 minutes ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello, we are aware of the issue of Goalkeepers getting injured too frequently, we're looking to make adjustments, thank you.

Just please don't fix it too much the other way! It's very good that goalies can actually get injured in matches now and you need to have one on the bench.

23 minutes ago, CLS said:

Just please don't fix it too much the other way! It's very good that goalies can actually get injured in matches now and you need to have one on the bench.

Can only echo this. I’m hoping there is code that treats the keeper position differently - they should definitely be able to get injured but it needs to be far rarer than outfield players. 

How rare is it though IRL, in the last year i can think of quite a few GK injuries both in games and in training, they are often short term injuries only lasting a few weeks like strains. It has been too far the other way in FM for years where a GK could almost go through a whole career without injuries and i don't remember the last i actually had to sub a gk in a game.

• 2 weeks later...