How to get deep lying foward more involved 4-3-3

Hey.

Im currently playing a balanced 433 that as newly promoted side from Vanarama South to Vanarama national league. 

My players are obviously not world class players as im playing a long save to try promote a low-league side all the way to the premier league and so far its going really good.

I signed a really good striker, and all in all he's done really good in 18 games with 10 goals and 5 assists in the deep lying forward role. My question is why he has been so inconsistent tho, he can go few games with average rating between 6,2-6,5 and then explode and get goals and assists few games after that and then back to it.

How do i make him more consistent?

20231025152009_1.jpg

20231025151628_1.jpg

Hi Mate, I'm no expert but looking at your tactic, I think he would be better on a support role as he would link up better with your IF(A) and the B2B Midfielder. Another thing is that the forward runs of the B2B are probably being restricted by the IW(S) as he is tucking into the space ahead of your runner, if you had a W(S) on that side it might free up some space for the DLF to drop into and B2B to run into, allowing your IF(A) to get in the box. Hope this helps.

I gave him the trait comes deep to collect ball so he is already dropping as deep as he would on support duty i think? However changing the inverted winger to a normal winger could work. I dont have any PI on the b2b however, so he doesnt get further forward or moves into channels so im not sure how much he is restricting the space.

What do you want him to do? Score, give assist or both? 

At the moment, when he comes deep to get the ball who is going to score? The only other player that is looking to get inside the penalty box and score is your inside forward. 

The Mez on support and your Box-to-Box midfielder aren’t going to get in the box. They will stay outside, looking for passing options, which you don’t have in the penalty area. 

7 hours ago, Numenor said:

Ty for the feedback :D I get anxious when I see him getting bad ratings some games in a row even when he gets the return he has. I guess he just had few bad games. 

The rating system in FM is too goals/assist heavy. If you like how he is moving, linking up, making space for others, etc. Then it's ok!

Is tempting to change a player if he is having a 6.6 rating or 6.5. But maybe that rating is only because he made one mistake or he is not receiving enough passes.

On 25/10/2023 at 06:26, Numenor said:

Hey.

Im currently playing a balanced 433 that as newly promoted side from Vanarama South to Vanarama national league. 

My players are obviously not world class players as im playing a long save to try promote a low-league side all the way to the premier league and so far its going really good.

I signed a really good striker, and all in all he's done really good in 18 games with 10 goals and 5 assists in the deep lying forward role. My question is why he has been so inconsistent tho, he can go few games with average rating between 6,2-6,5 and then explode and get goals and assists few games after that and then back to it.

How do i make him more consistent?

20231025152009_1.jpg

20231025151628_1.jpg

Is he inconsistent as a trait? If so, physical attributes aren't impacted by it which can help you out a lot @ the non league level. Sticking him on strength training will help him hold up the ball, which is key to his role as a DLF.

Looks like he's doing alright anyways :)