3 DMs Jeremy? 3! That's Insane.

Feel like I wanna try a tactic utilising 3 DMs so wondered if anyone had any thoughts on roles and what should be in front? Should it be strikerless? Or Should it be 3 at the back? I have some thoughts which I'll share but interested in other perspectives just now.

10 hours ago, Wavelberry said:

Feel like I wanna try a tactic utilising 3 DMs so wondered if anyone had any thoughts on roles and what should be in front? Should it be strikerless? Or Should it be 3 at the back? I have some thoughts which I'll share but interested in other perspectives just now.

3 DMs work just fine with both 3 and 4 defenders. The norm is to have the central DM as a holding DM and the two others as volante on attack or support.

It's good defensively simply from having so many bodies in the center.

I wouldn't go strikerless with it, seems a bit toothless.

Okay. First go.

817fde03dafd7aad753da6fbcc38d21d.png

Played a friendly against Grimsby where they scored after 2 minutes and Scott Fraser got himself sent off after 12. We drew 2-2 and they equalised with a last minute corner so that's not a bad wee start. Didn't change anything when we went down to 10 so we just were sans Segundo and we were surprisingly decent still. Am hopeful that it will look better if we can keep eleven men on the pitch.

20 minutes ago, Rashidi said:

Playing 3DMs can be fun I like sticking up an Enganche and have 2 strikers in front as well. Seeing those Volante surge up and use the Enganche to generate attacks is a lot of fun to watch. 

I have always struggled making the enganche work. Getting a lot of goals from my RB with this atm which is fun and the front three work well but not many goals from Alfie May.