Champions League registering of players - is this a bug?

I've reported it as one but I feel I might be mis-understanding it. Basically, using the Auto Pick I have satisified all parameters with Home Grown players, but with space available to register more players, if I click on Tom Lawrence (for example), suddenly, the HGN area reduced by 1 - nnd making my pick ineligible, thing is, im not removing a Home Grown player!

Screenshot 2023-10-27 230140.png

after.png

You have to leave spaces in the squad if you can't meet the homegrown requirements. So, in your example, you're fine without Lawrence as although you've only got 5/8 players trained in Scotland registered, you have left 3 spaces in the squad of 25 (you've got 22 registered). Trying to register Lawrence, who is not homegrown, means you now only have 2 of the 3 spaces you need to leave and thus are not meeting the requirements.

You're allowed 25 players, BUT..

• 4 have to be trained at Rangers
  • 4 more have to be trained in Scotland (any club, including Rangers)
  • 2 have to be goalkeepers

So because you only have 5 players who were trained in Scotland, the remaining 3 slots in your squad can ONLY be filled by players who were trained in Scotland. Because you only have 2 players trained at Rangers, 2 of those 3 players must be players trained at Rangers.

Because Tom Lawrence was trained in England from 15-21 he's not eligible, so the squad is considered full. If you don't have enough players to fill the home-grown slots you just have to leave them empty, which is why it complains when you try to add Tom Lawrence.

You have to place extra value on home-grown players. It's worth specifically scouting for home-grown players and keeping hold of them, even if they're only average squad players. Fortunately for you most good Scottish players come from either Celtic or Rangers so there will be a lot of decent options out there. I recently did a save at St Mirren and had a tough time finding anybody at all!