Editing home page.

mackapakka

1 hour ago, mackapakka said:

Hi 

I am new to skinning. Is there a way to add stadium and city pics to my homepage or club info page. What would I need to do?  Any help would be greatly appreciated, Is there certain text i need to include or xml files? 

Screenshot 2023-10-30 195921.png

Screenshot 2023-10-30 195944.png

You'll need to edit the page to make room for the pictures you want., meaning that you'll have to either get rid of something or rearrange the page so you can fit in the stuff you want.

club overview panel is the file that has the data on the club info and is probably where you'd like to have the city picture. it's not an easy task if you have no experience with this, just to be honest

You can grab the codes needed from here

Sorry then what do I do? Paste the coding into the xml file via notepad?  

Also if I have a blank pic panel on the stadium screen could I insert it there instead ? if so do you know how to do it? Thanks for your help so far.

Screenshot 2023-10-31 105844.png

1 hour ago, mackapakka said:

Sorry then what do I do? Paste the coding into the xml file via notepad?  

Also if I have a blank pic panel on the stadium screen could I insert it there instead ? if so do you know how to do it? Thanks for your help so far.

Screenshot 2023-10-31 105844.png

the blank spot is probably made ready for a city pack pictures, which means you should,see a city picture if you get a pack from a site that has them.

I would suggest Editplus or Notepad++, default notepad can be used but not in the long run as i believe line numbers are not there. and the other u also have colours for different things,

14 minutes ago, mackapakka said:

I'm confused now, i have city pics but they come up as backgrounds how can I make them as pics then. Thanks 

try and look at the config file inside your city picture folder

i can't believe if the line structure has to be

<record from="57" to="graphics/pictures/stadium/57/background"/>

or

<record from="57" to="graphics/pictures/club/57/background"/>

it's not something i have done much in as i always felt it was a hassle and always caused issues..