A-League/MLS Transfers in Real World

Hi all. Got a save going with Perth Glory in the Australian A-League. When I started the save I got a warning that there were no A-League/MLS transfers in season one in Real World mode. No problem, it added to the challenge as far as I was concerned. Got to the summer transfer window at the end of season one and I could start signing players, which I did. Two nights ago I got to Sat 13th July 2024 and saved the game (both AI teams and me had been signing players up to that day). I loaded the game again last night and now can't sign anyone - when I click 'Approach to SIgn' on free agents I get the 'A-League/MLS can't sign players in season one of Real World' message again. For clarity, the only thing I did before loading last night was delete the cache folder to load in some player pic graphics. Any ideas what is going on and when I can expect to sign players again? Not the end of the world if I have to wait until the end of season two, I am pretty happy with my squad though. Thanks in advance for your help.