Player interactions require a diploma in psychology to get them properly?

Yes, really disappointed with this too for FM24. I'm sure that I read they had re-worked this, with much more dialogue, and outcomes. Not seen any evidence of this so far. In fairness, it's only the beta, so might be better for full release.

To add to this topic.

Currently I have a situation brewing with a player who is making noises about me not keeping my promise, and playing him in his preferred position. A bit awkward really has he has been out a couple of months with an ACL 🙄

9 minutes ago, fc.cadoni said:

It's pretty easy. Less talk, and positive. Over the time, hitting positive answers will start to interact better. Less talk again, it's key when you have lower reputation than you.

That’s just gaming it though. It should be a bit more like real life. 

Its definitely not right.   I was playing as Dundee United in the Scottish championship.   Had an objective to reach latter stages of the league cup.  Got Celtic away in 2nd round and lost narrowly 2-1 @ Celtic park in a match that Celtic were heavy favourites for.   Celtic scored there winner in stoppage time - 92nd minute. 

The board are not happy that we didn't make the objective but say they understand that we were drawn against a very difficult team which is fair enough.   However at the same time the players are requesting a meeting and saying they are unhappy that we failed to meet our objective and that they think my management is to blame. 

I saved it before talking to them as I had read about the issues with interactions on here and no matter what I did they were unhappy. 

Apart from the fact it shouldn't be happening in the first place there's no option to say we were drawn against a difficult team or we were drawn against Celtic away which was the conclusion the board were apparently able to come to themselves without even asking me.    

I now have a team of unhappy players even though we've won all 4 league games and are top of the table which is and should be our main and most important objective.

20 minutes ago, fc.cadoni said:

It's pretty easy. Less talk, and positive. Over the time, hitting positive answers will start to interact better. Less talk again, it's key when you have lower reputation than you.

so to make optimal use of a feature is not to use it?

Sounds like an excuse to not improve the player interactions, despite what they promised to do....

I have a degree in psychology... not helping much. Surely, there is such a thing as positive reinforcement working better than punishing (e.g. complaining), yet sometimes you need to tell people they need to adjust their goals. If not, contract renewals will be an interesting conversation to have. 

2 hours ago, eXistenZ said:

so to make optimal use of a feature is not to use it?

Sounds like an excuse to not improve the player interactions, despite what they promised to do....

Mate, I am not the one which design that things. Agree that needs improvement and has lot of potential that area, which I would like to see.

For now, this is the design and this is the best approach I have found so far after a lot "burning" reactions. 

11 hours ago, Mobius said:

They've been trash for years. Their rubbishness has been documented here by players for many years, but nothing changes.

I can only think that SI are doubling down on their design decision. It's universally disliked by the community but they don't seem to ever change or remove it