Anti- positional football

Interestingly I hadn't seen anything about Diniz's football, just watched a YouTube video and now I am intrigued haha. I do think that with the ME changes this year being very focused on positional play, it may be difficult to reproduce.

Would probably need to be lots of support duties (to get the fluid shape show up), lots of "roam from position" PI's and lots of player traits. Not sure how you would get a winger to move all the way to the other side of the pitch though

No I can’t see any possibility of getting that winger to function the way you might be to a replication but you can probably get away with a ‘inspired by’ tactic.

A few requirements?

narrow

short / shorter passing

Allow creative freedom

high and aggressive press in a 442?

As you say, lots of support roles and roaming PIs. Regista and Treq could be fun here?

I've kinda got this working to some extent. The switching of sides is tough on the ME but I've never seen players wander about and utterly steamroller the opposition like the below. Volante's overtake the PF Supports who essentially become wingers while the AM drops back/DM comes forward to create a pivot between each other, the only 2 'stationary' roles as lynchpins are the CB and AF. Its all about beautiful intricate short passing, overlaps, heavy pressing. 

e8f6881d54a5c12ff51b336318242db8.png

Example of results - see possession. Fourth season, Messi at 39 in the AMC floats about and just smashes goals and assists.

16d9dd4aae528d10a59d0db7eb331cfd.png

792ef3b65cb49f46528d010b8d27f926.png

Edited by harrycarrie

11 hours ago, harrycarrie said:

I've kinda got this working to some extent. The switching of sides is tough on the ME but I've never seen players wander about and utterly steamroller the opposition like the below. Volante's overtake the PF Supports who essentially become wingers while the AM drops back/DM comes forward to create a pivot between each other, the only 2 'stationary' roles as lynchpins are the CB and AF. Its all about beautiful intricate short passing, overlaps, heavy pressing. 

e8f6881d54a5c12ff51b336318242db8.png

Example of results - see possession. Fourth season, Messi at 39 in the AMC floats about and just smashes goals and assists.

16d9dd4aae528d10a59d0db7eb331cfd.png

792ef3b65cb49f46528d010b8d27f926.png

Take it you meant PF(A) rather than AF based on the tactic? Does look interesting though! Any PI's on this?

Edited by craiigman

10 hours ago, craiigman said:

Take it you meant PF(A) rather than AF based on the tactic? Does look interesting though! Any PI's on this?

Yeah PF(A) sorry!

I've attached the finished version to this post. Slight changes to bring the PF more into it. I do have an elite team so no idea how it'd work with lesser. ?Ignore the images formation name, I was trying variants and saved correct now.

8e11453bc7732fe1eb1c465c4856a890.png

3331sirjur.fmf

Edited by harrycarrie