Russian team in Japanese football league system

PaMi 7

Hi all,

I'd like to put a Russian team, a revamped Luch Vladivostok, in Japanese football league system. Would appreciate any tips/pointers in best way to go about this.

I thought to put Luch Vladivostok in J1 League (replaced team to be chosen again but I think I'll choose by reputation) but I have some question about:

1) How should I set up Luch vladivostok to ensure that it can eventually qualify for the AFC?

2) In J1 League, there are rules about foreign players: how I set to ensure that russian players are not considered foreigners but only for Luch Vladivostok? Ss Canadian franchise in MLS, for example.

Thanks for anyone who wants to help me.

P.S.: sorry for my not perfect English, I'm italian.

1. Set their Continental Cup Nation to Japan. That's what determines their ability to qualify from Japanese competitions. Means they'll also have a little Japanese flag next to them if they do play in AFC competitions though and they'll earn Japan coefficient points.

2. Not sure on that one. I'd assume having their Based Nation set as Russia (which you want so they produce Russian newgens anyway) will change the foreign player rules to suit them. But I'm not sure if that's how it works. Wouldn't take long to just load them up in the game and check though.

The J1 League is set to expand to 20 teams from 2024. So you could potentially just do that early to avoid having to remove a team. Just add them and the J2 team that came closest to promotion last season and have it at 20 teams from season 1 and remove the planned expansion.

Under Japan's registration rules, you could make sure any "foreign player (not including Asia)" type rule has Vladivostok as an "exception" (Russians not being Asian will mean most of the roster fail this rule). Also, test the foreigner rules to make sure they're working, if it still thinks Japanese are domestic for Vladivostok, add them as an exception to that too